2016 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wait a minute -

Maybe I have old info but I thought he came to UConn to play QB??? Did I miss something?

It was also he would be given the opportunity to compete for QB -

I'm not gonna lose sleep over the tag they put on a NSD Poster - he's signed and on board.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Bonehead

Reaction Score
It was also he would be given the opportunity to compete for QB -

I'm not gonna lose sleep over the tag they put on a NSD Poster - he's signed and on board.

I wont lose sleep either but that doesn't make sense....
I hope you are right because if they told him he will be given an opportunity and is not that is not going to go over well with him, his family, the posters on this board, and of course the most important people to UConn FB - CTHSFBCA...

Why not put QB instead of F if being given an opportunity?

(I am still losing sleep over the Blair Walsh FG miss)

Reaction Score
I wont lose sleep either but that doesn't make sense....
I hope you are right because if they told him he will be given an opportunity and is not that is not going to go over well with him, his family, the posters on this board, and of course the most important people to UConn FB - CTHSFBCA...

Why not put QB instead of F if being given an opportunity?

Whatever... Yeah, I'm sure they pulled the wool over Roses's eye as soon as the fax machine spit out an executed NLI.

Reaction Score
Well there is some insight from our Board recruiting expert...Wow!!

Have a great day!

If your theory is that they told him he could come here and try out for QB, and are using the NLD press release to tell him he's not going to be given that opportunity, and you have nothing more to go on than what was stated in this thread, THEN YOUR THEORY IS IDIOTIC.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Whatever... Yeah, I'm sure they pulled the wool over Roses's eye as soon as the fax machine spit out an executed NLI.

Recruiting is a shady business - time will tell whether 'wool' was pulled over eyes or not, which I did not infer...or the real question of whether he will be given a chance to play QB as UConn has announced him as an F.

Never claimed to be an expert...
Whatever...

Bonehead

Reaction Score
If your theory is that they told him he could come here and try out for QB, and are using the NLD press release to tell him he's not going to be given that opportunity, and you have nothing more to go on than what was stated in this thread, THEN YOUR THEORY IS IDIOTIC.

You really read into my post...Why is it that posters constantly take posts out of context...I am not even a UConn grad and I can read pretty good and that was NOT my theory - I'm sure he is well aware of designation as I would assume his family has internet and such.

Why put an F on him if he is going to be given every chance to play QB? Why not put QB?? It sounds as though his opportunity is going to be - time will tell, just seems weird to put him as an F.

What designation letter/position did they give the kid from Virginia?

Reaction Score
He's listed as a TE on 247. I don't think it's some huge surprise that that's the position he'll play. Which is smart for him, probably able to play sooner and more and even excel at it.

http://247sports.com/player/jay-rose-77058

You really read into my post...Why is it that posters constantly take posts out of context...I am not even a UConn grad and I can read pretty good and that was NOT my theory - I'm sure he is well aware of designation as I would assume his family has internet and such.

Why put an F on him if he is going to be given every chance to play QB? Why not put QB?? It sounds as though his opportunity is going to be - time will tell, just seems weird to put him as an F.

Reaction Score

it is just as likely that is for Football player as it is F back. You criticized both the staff and medic for absolutely no reason whatsoever. And then seem shocked that you are beig criticized for something you actually said.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
He's listed as a TE on 247. I don't think it's some huge surprise that that's the position he'll play. Which is smart for him, probably able to play sooner and more and even excel at it.

http:// /player/jay-rose-77058
Agree -

My understanding throughout the process was TE was offered to him by better FB schools than UConn but UConn offered QB...I could be wrong as I am not about tracking 17 year olds lives...regardless of what they are planning on doing after HS.

I only go off of what I read here.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
it is just as likely that is for Football player as it is F back. You criticized both the staff and medic for absolutely no reason whatsoever. And then seem shocked that you are beig criticized for something you actually said.

Not shocked...

Sure - could be for football - All the other players have F too?

I criticized staff? How?

Reaction Score
He should look at Tyler Lorenzen as an example and realize it's better to play the position you're best at vs. one you want to. Lorenzen then went and attempted to play TE in the NFL and it never panned out vs. maybe he should have played TE at ISU from day 1.

Agree -

My understanding throughout the process was TE was offered to him by better FB schools than UConn but UConn offered QB...I could be wrong as I am not about tracking 17 year olds lives...regardless of what they are planning on doing after HS.

I only go off of what I read here.

Reaction Score
He should look at Tyler Lorenzen as an example and realize it's better to play the position you're best at vs. one you want to. Lorenzen then went and attempted to play TE in the NFL and it never panned out vs. maybe he should have played TE at ISU from day 1.

Agree but he looked pretty good at QB. I'm sure they'll figure it out by the time we start conference play in the Big12.

Reaction Score

I don't think that means he won't get an opportunity. It just means that if he wants to see the field in general, that'll probably be his primary position in the meantime. Players play multiple positions, and switch positions, all the time. If he happens to flourish at quarterback due to circumstance and/or competition, then I'd think they'd move him to quarterback full time. Ryan Tannehill was a wide receiver for a time before he switched back to QB his final year or two at Texas A&M.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jordan Reed was recruited to play QB at Florida before moving to TE. He's one of the best in the NFL, when healthy. No harm in giving Rose a shot to compete at QB as a frosh. He'll likely red-shirt anyway. Learn the playbook as a QB, coaches will see if he can be an impact player at the that position. Either way he learns the offense, then make the switch to TE, H-back, F-back.....whatever. He's an athlete and athletes will find their way onto the field.

Reaction Score
Jordan Reed was recruited to play QB at Florida before moving to TE. He's one of the best in the NFL, when healthy. No harm in giving Rose a shot to compete at QB as a frosh. He'll likely red-shirt anyway. Learn the playbook as a QB, coaches will see if he can be an impact player at the that position. Either way he learns the offense, then make the switch to TE, H-back, F-back.....whatever. He's an athlete and athletes will find their way onto the field.

Maybe it's a typo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman