2016 Nancy Mulkey to Oklahoma | The Boneyard

2016 Nancy Mulkey to Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but for anyone interested, I just noticed she's featured on the TLC series "My Giant Life." The episode is called "The Tallest Girl in Texas."

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I just noticed she's featured on the TLC series "My Giant Life." The episode is called "The Tallest Girl in Texas."

Very tall, for sure, but now for the litmus test question:

"Can she play?" ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
More importantly, Nancy Mulkey came across as a really thoughtful and sensitive young lady who (along with her 7'1" brother) is forced to deal on a daily basis with a seemingly endless bunch of knuckleheads who won't let her be, constantly staring, gawking and buzzing about her like she is some sort of sideshow curiosity. People can be so damn cruel. Mulkey handles those jerks with great maturity and a sweet smile, but it surely must hurt a lot, being unable to shop or take a walk down the street without all the ogling and whispering. To be just a regular kid and do the things every teenager can do is pretty much impossible for her.

You can tell that Nancy Mulkey is a wonderful kid, and I hope she'll be enormously successful and happy at Oklahoma. And in life. She deserves it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
More importantly, Nancy Mulkey came across as a really thoughtful and sensitive young lady who (along with her 7'1" brother) is forced to deal on a daily basis with a seemingly endless bunch of knuckleheads who won't let her be, constantly staring, gawking and buzzing about her like she is some sort of sideshow curiosity. People can be so damn cruel. Mulkey handles those jerks with great maturity and a sweet smile, but it surely must hurt a lot, being unable to shop or take a walk down the street without all the ogling and whispering. To be just a regular kid and do the things every teenager can do is pretty much impossible for her.

You can tell that Nancy Mulkey is a wonderful kid, and I hope she'll be enormously successful and happy at Oklahoma. And in life. She deserves it.
I know what you say has a ring of truth but the fact of life is --when you stand out people will look, people will stare, people will comment. It's something Stef Dolson saw, felt, and absorbed. She then went to---Hey WORLD LOOK AT ME. Now they are playing HER GAME. Some people are jerks--Ms Mulkey will never be a "regular" kid maybe with friend and family. Don't damn the human race for human responses. The key for Ms Mulkey is how she responds--if she needs help give her Stef Dolsons phone number.

Oklahoma is the right place for her to be. Most people are really nice in the Norman/Moore/OKC area. The Navy sent me to school on the OKC Sooner campus, afterward I lived in Yukon. Sherri Coales is a nice person and an excellent coach Ms Mulkey is in good hands.

Reaction Score
Very tall, for sure, but now for the litmus test question:

"Can she play?" ;)
Kibitzer---Many this size have fallen short, true enough. It is important that she learns to play at this level and above.
You can bet Sherri Coale will her a lot of attention these next few years. If successful, wow will Sherri smile!!

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I liken this choice to that of another Nicole Griffin. I don't think anyone will be wowed but she will produce enough for them to pretty much stay where they are.

Reaction Score
I know what you say has a ring of truth but the fact of life is --when you stand out people will look, people will stare, people will comment. It's something Stef Dolson saw, felt, and absorbed. She then went to---Hey WORLD LOOK AT ME. Now they are playing HER GAME. Some people are jerks--Ms Mulkey will never be a "regular" kid maybe with friend and family. Don't damn the human race for human responses. The key for Ms Mulkey is how she responds--if she needs help give her Stef Dolsons phone number.

Oklahoma is the right place for her to be. Most people are really nice in the Norman/Moore/OKC area. The Navy sent me to school on the OKC Sooner campus, afterward I lived in Yukon. Sherri Coales is a nice person and an excellent coach Ms Mulkey is in good hands.

Please don't twist my words. I never "damn(ed) the human race for human responses." I made specific reference to a "bunch of knuckleheads," "some people can be so damn cruel," and how "Mulkey handles those jerks." Those people are imbeciles. I do not find being mean and cruel acceptable "human responses." People can and should be better than that. There is no justification for such behavior toward children who happen to be different. We should celebrate and embrace 'different.'

Rather than making "the key for Ms.Mulkey" (a 16 year old kid) dependent upon "how she responds," how about if the insensitive blockheads of the world simply grew up and stopped being jerks.

Reaction Score
Please don't twist my words. I never "damn(ed) the human race for human responses." I made specific reference to a "bunch of knuckleheads," "some people can be so damn cruel," and how "Mulkey handles those jerks." Those people are imbeciles. I do not find being mean and cruel acceptable "human responses." People can and should be better than that. There is no justification for such behavior toward children who happen to be different. We should celebrate and embrace 'different.'

Rather than making "the key for Ms.Mulkey" (a 16 year old kid) dependent upon "how she responds," how about if the insensitive blockheads of the world simply grew up and stopped being jerks.

Evidently you LOVE being mean and inconsiderate. Show where I TWisted YOUR WORDS. Be intelligent and not the JERK YOU APPEAR TO BE---you know you cannot change 300,000,000 Americans, but she can learn to handle the issues---as I said ask Stef Dolson how to handle it. Steff did. FROM NOW ON BEFORE YOUR POST---READ WITH COMPREHENSION.
AGAIN IF YOU CAN SHOW ME WHERE I 00000000 TWISTED 0000 YOUR WORDS. THE WORLD IS CRUEL BE ASSURED OF THAT--YOU APPEAR TO BE AN EXCELLENT EXAMPLE OF THAT!!!! EVERY STAR THAT PLAYED AT UCONN HAD TO DEAL WITH ====JERKS===WHO MADE NASTY SIGNS---CALLED OUT NASTY COMMENTS---UCONN RESPONDED BY BEATING THEIR TEAMS.. READ WITH COMPREHENSION...

When you go on and on about bad human behavior you appear to be damning that behavior--which I believe you were. Therefore you are DAMNING humans for being human. To expect humans to be anything but human--is like doing something over and over and expecting a different result. There is a name for that.'

Part of MATURITY is learning how to deal those that don't know you and blunting their offensive actions Steff turned that into a big time plus---now the entire WNBA, NCAA world knows who Steff is...

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I apologize !! My response to your comment was over the top. I have tried to take the high road. I guess your comment about Twisting your words, twisted my mind. My singular complaint about the Boneyard is people taking the low road in responses---and I jumped right in there pretty low. Please accept my apology..

Reaction Score
I apologize !! My response to your comment was over the top. I have tried to take the high road. I guess your comment about Twisting your words, twisted my mind. My singular complaint about the Boneyard is people taking the low road in responses---and I jumped right in there pretty low. Please accept my apology..

Nahhh. There's no need to, but of course I will. Many times I, too, have been pretty darn impolitic and overwrought in my postings. Peace out. ...TO ALL THINGS UCONN BASKETBALL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nahhh. There's no need to, but of course I will. Many times I, too, have been pretty darn impolitic and overwrought in my postings. Peace out. ...TO ALL THINGS UCONN BASKETBALL
ThAnk you. I usually don't respond to comments, for this exact reason. I only respond, usually, to those who think they are above all others in intelligence. And we know those who shout about their intelligence never really are. Thank you again.

The internet world spends too much time Over, over, over. Very true. These of course posted on the BY are opinions and the value of each should be judged by the price of admission herein.

Reaction Score
Whew, that was close, I almost had to jump in there. (and nobody wants that :cool:)
He who take a stand is often wrong---but he who fails to take a stand is ALWAYS wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom