Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
On the topic at hand, I can not believe the Baylor game isn't a national one.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
most interesting games:

Nov 14 at Florida State (ESPN2), 6 p.m.
Nov 17 vs Baylor at Gampel Pavilion (SNY), 7:30 p.m.
Dec 01 vs DePaul at Gampel Pavilion (SNY), 7 p.m.
Dec 04 vs Texas at Mohegan Sun Arena (ESPN), 4 p.m.

Dec 07 at Notre Dame (ESPN), 4 p.m.
Dec 19 vs Ohio State at XL Center (CBS-SN), 7 p.m.
Dec 29 at Maryland (ESPN2), 6 p.m.
Feb 13 vs South Carolina at Gampel Pavilion (ESPN2), 9 p.m.
Feb 27 at South Florida (ESPN2), 7 p.m.

Stellar schedule. This is going to be a very exciting season for WCBB fans.

Some of you think only Baylor and Notre Dame are going to be challenges, but if I were you I wouldn't sleep on any one of these teams. Coaching matters, yes, but next season every single one of those teams will have talent at a level near, on par with or superior to UCONN.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stellar schedule. This is going to be a very exciting season for WCBB fans.

Some of you think only Baylor and Notre Dame are going to be challenges, but if I were you I wouldn't sleep on any one of these teams. Coaching matters, yes, but next season every single one of those teams will have talent at a level near, on par with or superior to UCONN.
Yes: awesome competition this year. But precisely because the talent level is so even, coaching will matter all the more. I think this will be a trying but deeply satisfying year for Geno. Bill Belichick (whom Geno greatly admires) did his greatest coaching the year Brady went down in the first game of the season. Geno will rise to that challenge, too--whether or not it ends in a NC. It will make him an even better coach at this point in his life, and, hey, look what he can look forward to taking the floor for him the following year!

Reaction Score
Basically, the season is November and December. Then go to sleep until mid-February for the South Carolina game. Does that about sum it up?

DVR the SC game then you can hibernate for a good 2+ months thru Jan, Feb, and early March.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Basically, the season is November and December. Then go to sleep until mid-February for the South Carolina game. Does that about sum it up?

Well, it depends on what you mean by "go to sleep." If you mean that some fans might "go to sleep" because the games aren't as competitive, kinda sorta yeah. But the AAC schedule will still be critical in the sense that UConn will surely be taking the lessons learned in the difficult nonconference schedule and using the AAC games to improve on their quality of play and decision-making.

Let's face it: This is how it's been for UConn since joining the AAC. Even when USF represented a mild test, they were never at the level of UConn's toughest nonconference opponents.

It's also interesting that this imposes a reverse dynamic compared to what most top teams experience, where they'll have a handful (at most) of significant nonconference challenges followed by a relatively more challenging (Big 5) conference schedule. Many people assumed this reverse dynamic would be a handicap for UConn, but based on the complete postseason domination of the past three years, that assumption has hardly been borne out.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Since Lou doesn't get to play out west Head bang it looks like a visit to SMU and Tulsa in Mid January will now be put on my agenda. I might also try for the last regular season game of season at USF. Florida weather, in the winter agrees with me.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
When do we start up with Stanford again? Next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom