2016-17 Full Schedule | The Boneyard

2016-17 Full Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
most interesting games:

Nov 14 at Florida State (ESPN2), 6 p.m.
Nov 17 vs Baylor at Gampel Pavilion (SNY), 7:30 p.m.
Dec 01 vs DePaul at Gampel Pavilion (SNY), 7 p.m.
Dec 04 vs Texas at Mohegan Sun Arena (ESPN), 4 p.m.

Dec 07 at Notre Dame (ESPN), 4 p.m.
Dec 19 vs Ohio State at XL Center (CBS-SN), 7 p.m.
Dec 29 at Maryland (ESPN2), 6 p.m.
Feb 13 vs South Carolina at Gampel Pavilion (ESPN2), 9 p.m.
Feb 27 at South Florida (ESPN2), 7 p.m.

Reaction Score
Thanks, not an easy ooc but one that will energize fans. The Quotes from Stewie and Jen about DeMillie were upbeat and ego building.
In viewing this schedule--I feared I'd feel depressed because last year it was a given--but I felt--really positive knowing Uconn kids and Geno (and Company) shall give 29 plus games 240 percent every game. Who could ask for more???
Thanks Vowelguy..

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Random question:

I'm not remotely worried about it this season, but it looks like the maximum possible number of games is 38. I seriously doubt UConn would be in contention for a fifth consecutive NC, but is there a trend to make max seasons 38 games rather than 39?

Reaction Score
Random question:

I'm not remotely worried about it this season, but it looks like the maximum possible number of games is 38. I seriously doubt UConn would be in contention for a fifth consecutive NC, but is there a trend to make max seasons 38 games rather than 39?

I believe 29 is the max number of regular season "games". There's a loophole in that a regular season tournament counts as 1 game by the NCAA regardless of the number of team actually played. Thats what leads to more than 29. Uconn had no tournaments this year.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I see that Fairfield County gets screwed again with not a single game at Harbor Yard. Is this 2 or 3 years running now?

So much for the importance of fans, donors and alums in southwestern CT, I remember when Warde Manuel offered up this BS in 2013...

“I’ve said since I’ve gotten here that we represent the state,” UConn athletic director Warde Manuel said in October 2013 when the first UConn games at Webster Bank Arena were announced. “It’s important for us to come down here and connect with our fans, with our donors, with our alums — we have 30,000 alums in Fairfield County. It’s just a win-win for us.”

Reaction Score
"...seriously doubt UConn would be in contention for a fifth consecutive NC..."

What could possibly lead you to that? There is no clear cut shoe-in, this year. UConn is amongst the 4-5 teams with a legitimate shot, and nobody has a significant advantage over anyone else. SC, Baylor, ND, MD, and Ohio St all have question marks, as does UConn. UConn has experience above all of those teams, and as much upside as any of them.

We're not gimmes, but we are not underdogs, either.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
What could possibly lead you to that? There is no clear cut shoe-in, this year. UConn is amongst the 4-5 teams with a legitimate shot, and nobody has a significant advantage over anyone else. SC, Baylor, ND, MD, and Ohio St all have question marks, as does UConn. UConn has experience above all of those teams, and as much upside as any of them.

We're not gimmes, but we are not underdogs, either.
All talent being equal, our coaching staff is still without peer by a quantum leap! I like our chances, and the talent ain't too shabby either.

Reaction Score
I really like this: "The four-time reigning national champions will play 14 home games (eight on campus at Gampel Pavilion, six at the XL Center in Hartford), one neutral site game at Mohegan Sun Arena, and 14 on the road."
Just 'cause Geno owns all the restaurants there, don't make it a home court. And I'm sure Texas finds it about halfway between Storrs and Austin. ;)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
There will be some expected bumps in the road I am sure. I doubt we get to 90. Baylor and Maryland will be tough.

Reaction Score
We may not have another undefeated year but we still have the chance for the NC.
This is the year Katie Lou to show her super talent and I think she will not disappoint us.

Reaction Score
I would consider UConn underdogs this year. Very young team, three best players from last year's unit gone.

Who else doesn't have this issue?
  • Baylor's "star" is gone, and their best player is a freshman;
  • Ohio State has a GREAT scorer who is middling at best elsewhere, with little else but Frosh to help out;
  • South Carolina has a GREAT interior core, and all but one elsewhere untried or new to the system (Cuevas can be scary, but is VERY undisciplined);
  • ND has some very nice pieces, but no experience on the point, no real focus, and injury questions in the paint;
  • MD is...well...MD.
  • UConn has
    • A budging Phenom for a Frosh (KLS) who is largely unguardable by a single player;
    • An experienced Senior PG (Tommy, albeit with some injury issues, but she has played to her Talent when healthy);
    • An International STAR and hardest working player in D1 at PG/SG (Nurse);
    • A Blue Chip Frosh PG (CD2);
    • A MONSTER Soph returning at PF ( Pheese);
    • The most athletic player in all of D1 WBBall (Gabulous);
    • 6'5" former Big East ROY, Natalie (Semi) Butler in the middle.
So if UConn is an underdog, who is the favorite? I still say we aren't the favorite, but I don't think that there is one, this year. I think those 6 make up the real possibilities, and all are (nearly) equal. Coaching cuts it to UConn, ND, and Baylor (IMO).

Reaction Score
Who else doesn't have this issue?
  • Baylor's "star" is gone, and their best player is a freshman;
  • Ohio State has a GREAT scorer who is middling at best elsewhere, with little else but Frosh to help out;
  • South Carolina has a GREAT interior core, and all but one elsewhere untried or new to the system (Cuevas can be scary, but is VERY undisciplined);
  • ND has some very nice pieces, but no experience on the point, no real focus, and injury questions in the paint;
  • MD is...well...MD.
  • UConn has
    • A budging Phenom for a Frosh (KLS) who is largely unguardable by a single player;
    • An experienced Senior PG (Tommy, albeit with some injury issues, but she has played to her Talent when healthy);
    • An International STAR and hardest working player in D1 at PG/SG (Nurse);
    • A Blue Chip Frosh PG (CD2);
    • A MONSTER Soph returning at PF ( Pheese);
    • The most athletic player in all of D1 WBBall (Gabulous);
    • 6'5" former Big East ROY, Natalie (Semi) Butler in the middle.
So if UConn is an underdog, who is the favorite? I still say we aren't the favorite, but I don't think that there is one, this year. I think those 6 make up the real possibilities, and all are (nearly) equal. Coaching cuts it to UConn, ND, and Baylor (IMO).
Totally agree.
Can you image 2017-2018 year? we have 6'6", 6'5", 6'3", two 6'2", one 6'1"

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
With all due respect HardHatGuy, that summation sounds like something you'd see in politics, where your guy is the greatest and everyone else is seriously flawed.

You think Cox is Baylor's best player? What about Davis and Jones?

Notre Dame didn't lose Lindsey Allen and are loaded with talent.

As for UConn, neither Butler or Chong are proven players at the UConn level. Danger is a frosh and Collier's coming off surgery, much as I like her.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame didn't lose Lindsey Allen and are loaded with talent.

As for UConn, neither Butler or Chong are proven players at the UConn level. Danger is a frosh and Collier's coming off surgery, much as I like her.
If ND is loaded with talent why they are not in the final 4 this year?
They lost Cable, Mabrey, Taya Reimer, Huffman and add only Boley and Young.

Official Women's Basketball Roster :: Notre Dame Women's Basketball :: UND.COM :: The Official Site of Notre Dame Athletics

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If ND is loaded with talent why they are not in the final 4 this year?
They lost Cable, Mabrey, Taya Reimer, Huffman and add only Boley and Young.
They also add Patberg, who was out last year with an injury.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the 2015 class, Katie Lou and Collier are much better than Ogunbowale and Patberg....
I love our kids, but I haven't seen Patberg play. They also had Mabrey in 2015, and we had Boykin. ND has the edge on that one, considering that DJB has left.

Both Boley and Young (plus Dangerfield, Cox, and perhaps Holmes) won NPOY awards. Boley is big and a solid player. In the McD's AA game, Young looked like a cross between Jewell Loyd and Michael Jordan. In the Jordan Brand game, she was very quiet. She could be their best player soon. Or not.

I underestimated ND about 3-4 years ago. I'm not going to do that again. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom