Reaction Score
Sat. Sep. 5 VIllanova
Sat. Sep. 12 Army
Sat. Sep. 19 @ Missouri
Sat. Sep 26 currently open
Sat. Oct. 2 @ BYU

AAC Conference Schedule Oct - Nov. 8 games

Setting Goals:
The primary goal always, needs to be winning the conference title. Secondary, to get to a bowl game and the post season. As we've seen, 6-6 isn't a guarantee, but it's a benchmark to be eligible.

4 months ago, I would have considered at least 2 wins in that 2015 non-conference schedule going into conference play to be gimmee's. I would consider at least 4 wins in conference very much reasonable.

It's going to be a long 9 months, because I don't trust a damn thing I hear coming from the fountainhead in Storrs, and spring ball, really, probably won't look anything different than what we saw this fall, since it is practice and scrimmage. We'll start seeing where we are next September.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We essentially just punted the 2014 away. The clock starts ticking VERY LOUDLY right now. If we come out of the gates at 1-1 or less, then Warde should start perusing the coaching classified sections to put together his 2016 list.

Very simply, UCONN can not afford to punt another season away in the name of "progress", "love" or "togetherness". UCONN needs to win football games. Now. Otherwise the cries for shutting down the football program will grow louder, terrible schools like Memphis will leapfrog us in CR, and our hoops fans will yearn to go play in a mid-major conference.

The mulligan year is over. Because we sacrificed wins for the sake of progress, 2015 becomes even more pressured. Wins. That will be the ONLY metric in which 2015 will and should be judged.

Reaction Score
Success in 2015, to me, means that we build a roster of players and a coaching staff of coaches, that can achieve a minimum of a 7-5 record against the following competition.

Sat. Sep. 5 VIllanova
Sat. Sep. 12 Army
Sat. Sep. 19 @ Missouri
Sat. Oct. 2 @ BYU

Oct-Nov. Dates TBD

East Division AAC
@ Central Florida
@ Cincinatti
East Carolina
South Florida
Temple

THREE of West Division AAC (Dates and teams TBD of the following)
Houston
Memphis
SMU
Tulsa
Tulane
Navy

(Would make sense to get Tulsa, Houston and Navy) but who knows.

Reaction Score
Success in 2015, to me, means that we build a roster of players and a coaching staff of coaches, that can achieve a minimum of a 7-5 record against the following competition.

Sat. Sep. 5 VIllanova
Sat. Sep. 12 Army
Sat. Sep. 19 @ Missouri
Sat. Oct. 2 @ BYU

Oct-Nov. Dates TBD

East Division AAC
@ Central Florida
@ Cincinatti
East Carolina
South Florida
Temple

Houston
Memphis
SMU
Tulsa
Tulane
Navy

I would hope for road games at Navy as it's an easy drive from NJ (will not bring my wife though, don't trust her around young, fit men in uniform) and Tulane again becasue I really want a road trip.

Reaction Score

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I would hope for road games at Navy as it's an easy drive from NJ (will not bring my wife though, don't trust her around young, fit men in uniform) and Tulane again becasue I really want a road trip.
Ugh....if we play in Tulane I hope they will have fixed those atrocious camera angles. Besides the fact that we sucked, it was unbearable watching that game. I felt like I was watching a Friday Night HS game on Channel 8. It was awful. Shocking too considering their stadium is brand new. Then again, it didn't seem much larger than many HS stadiums....

Reaction Score
Ugh....if we play in Tulane I hope they will have fixed those atrocious camera angles. Besides the fact that we sucked, it was unbearable watching that game. I felt like I was watching a Friday Night HS game on Channel 8. It was awful. Shocking too considering their stadium is brand new. Then again, it didn't seem much larger than many HS stadiums....

I missed the last game there. if I went with the two buddies I had it mind, it would be like going to the old UConn games at the Yale Bowl. Sure, there was a game going on that I bough tickets too; but, I remember nothing!

Reaction Score
Why does everyone insist on giving Diaco and the program a pass? So in your 1st year there are no expectations? This team was ranked as the 4th worst in division 1 football. They lost games to the teams ranked the 1st, 11th, and 19th in the "Bottom 25" on cbssports.com. I understand that none of these players are his recruits but he had gameplans this year that were to not compete. That to me is unacceptable. For those defending him please share 3 things you saw this year that you liked from his coaching.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Why does everyone insist on giving Diaco and the program a pass? So in your 1st year there are no expectations? This team was ranked as the 4th worst in division 1 football. They lost games to the teams ranked the 1st, 11th, and 19th in the "Bottom 25" on cbssports.com. I understand that none of these players are his recruits but he had gameplans this year that were to not compete. That to me is unacceptable. For those defending him please share 3 things you saw this year that you liked from his coaching.

Okay, so fire him and see who else even wants the job if there's a one-year mandate for immediate success.

Reaction Score
Okay, so fire him and see who else even wants the job if there's a one-year mandate for immediate success.
Nobody said fire him but I am hard pressed to think of even a single thing I saw this year that gave me confidence he is going to right this ship. Do you have any thoughts?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Nobody said fire him but I am hard pressed to think of even a single thing I saw this year that gave me confidence he is going to right this ship. Do you have any thoughts?

I saw only two things I liked this year, OL improvement and RB play. But I'm going to wait patiently for other things to improve because I don't find flipping out at Diaco to be productive.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

He showed Love and Care - with love and care everything else can be overlooked.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I will drive out to the Mizzou game even though it is probably just a friendly.

Reaction Score
I think the running game suffered with no viable quarterback and a subpar O-line. That being said the team had 8 rushing TD's all season. Only 5 TD's by running backs. The other 3 were Witmer and Foxx. As a side note Wake Forest was worse with just 4 rushing TD's all season....wow

Reaction Score

Because we're hoping he has a master plan and this year was a tear-down year. Implement a process and procedure. Teach kids, teach the other coaches, learn himself what it means to be a head coach. Just like other first-time head coaches whose first year on the job is a learning process. We're hoping he and the kids are learning and maturing in order to become something great. This all takes precedence over winning a couple extra games.

That's what we are hoping. That's why we give him a so-called pass. Because if he WAS trying to win games, we're in more trouble than we want to admit.

Reaction Score

Sat. Sep. 5 VIllanova
Sat. Sep. 12 Army
Sat. Sep. 19 @ Missouri
Sat. Oct. 2 @ BYU

Oct-Nov. Dates TBD

East Division AAC
@ Central Florida
@ Cincinatti
East Carolina
South Florida
Temple

Houston
Memphis
SMU
Tulsa
Tulane
Navy

5 years ago with this schedule I'd say we go 9-3. 2 years ago I'd say we go 6-6. Next year I'll guess 3-9.

Dooley

Reaction Score
If you want evidence of how far the profile of our program has fallen in just six short years, or to throw up on yourself, take a look at who was on our 2009 schedule.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/41/year/2009/connecticut-huskies

I would gladly welcome any of the worst three programs on that schedule (Ohio, Rhode Island, Syracuse) onto our schedule in 2015.

By far my favorite Husky team ever. 5 losses by a COMBINED 15 points. UNC loss was on a BS holding penalty in the end zone that ended on a safety. WVU and RU losses were heartbreaking last minute losses (RU was a 80 yard slant to Brown with less than a minute!). Could have VERY easily finished 11-2 that season. Maybe better - they did play Pitt and Cinci incredibly tough too.

Reaction Score
Home games against Villanova and Army, if this program is to be anywhere near the level it should be to compete for league titles, need to be wins, and not just wins, but DECISIVE wins. If we are struggling with the 2 home openers, we all just better hope, that unlike this season, next season they actually perform like a good coaching staff does with it's players, and make them better as the year goes on.

This season, we played no different against SMU, than we did against BYU.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I think it's imperative that we start the year 2-0. Losing a home game to either Army or Villanova would likely signal another long losing season.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think it's imperative that we start the year 2-0. Losing a home game to either Army or Villanova would likely signal another long losing season.
Agreed. I don't even care if they are ugly wins. I would expect that first game to be anything but pretty. New QB, likely, and start of season wrinkles that will need to be ironed out. Not going to be a pretty game against 'Nova. However, I'd hope we walk away with a W. Really not acceptable not to. I don't care if they are a good FCS team or not. We need to win and win now. No more building process BS.

Reaction Score
there is a good possibility we are 1-3 or 0-4 to start the season. At best, we hang in at 2-2. What terrifies me is both Villanova and Army are potential losses. Good god what has happened.

Reaction Score
Sat. Sep. 5 VIllanova
Sat. Sep. 12 Army
Sat. Sep. 19 @ Missouri
Sat. Oct. 2 @ BYU

AAC Conference Schedule Oct - Nov. 8 games
I gotta ask a stupid question, since nobody else bought it up... We currently have 4 OCC dates + 1 "currently open" + 8 conference games. That's a total of 13.

Am I that bad at math? Or what am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom