2015 Recruits? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2015 Recruits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think Marisa recently traveled to St Louis to watch Napheesa Collier, a 6-1 wing who attends Incarnate Word HS. She's very, very good.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I would say that was a very long shot!

Word is that she's not a lock for Stanford at all. I know, I know, we've heard that before. Both UConn and ND are reportedly at the top of her list.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
in all seriousness, i'm not sure that the staff has narrowed onto anyone, but we really have no idea. also, we have no idea who they will land for 2013 or 2014 so it's a little premature to start identifying what might be needed. having said that, going after a good guard, post, and wing is never a bad idea.

interestingly enough, the #1 players in 2015 and 2016 are sisters, and per ASGR, both are PG's. Kalabrya and Kysre Gondrezick. Geno has never been "good" at recruiting package deals. maybe not being "good" at it is not the right phrase, but he missed out on the Waner and Paris sisters.

I'm sure the staff is aware of who is good out there. One of the top 10 is from NJ and apparently verbaled to Rutgers (Jeune). not any "local" (NY, New England) kids. a lot seem to be from Georgia, Texas, and California. there are a couple of kids we should look at based on their names alone...

Boogie Brozoski (gotta love the Polish kids! i'm 1/4 Polish so... PG from NY)
Martine Fortune (Post from PA)
Marta Sniezak (PG from VA)
Deja Strother (Post from WA)
Good luck with Fortunate!

I think Gondrezick''s dad played in the NBA a long time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Do the players from Puyallup shoot the 3-pointer and layups, or just Puyallup jumpers?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
interestingly enough, the #1 players in 2015 and 2016 are sisters, and per ASGR, both are PG's. Kalabrya and Kysre Gondrezick. Geno has never been "good" at recruiting package deals. maybe not being "good" at it is not the right phrase, but he missed out on the Waner and Paris sisters.

The G sisters are definitely a package deal (they want to play together). They say they are "very close" with Diggins who attended one of their games with Muffett and one of the assistants. So, there's that.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
The G sisters are definitely a package deal (they want to play together). They say they are "very close" with Diggins who attended one of their games with Muffett and one of the assistants. So, there's that.
Yes, UConnCat is correct. They look up to Diggins. When Niele Ivey, Muffet, and Skylar attended on of their games in Niles Michigan, the sisters were very anxious. Someone earlier wondered why would both sisters want to go to the same school if they are both PG's, but actually the younger sister (5'9" freshman Kysre, class of 2016) projects as a shooting guard, and she is apparently the better of the two sisters. They have a great pedigree, as their Dad and their uncle played in the NBA and their Mom won a NC as a Lady Techster (PG Lisa Harvey). Kalabrya (class of 2015) has a ridiculous GPA and has already been offered scholarships to ND, Duke, and 8 other schools.

Link 1
Link 2

Reaction Score
Does anyone know any girls that Geno and the staff are looking at in the class of 2015?

If the recruiting situation doesn't change quickly we'll need all of them.

Reaction Score
Do the players from Puyallup shoot the 3-pointer and layups, or just Puyallup jumpers?
Riley Clarke score from anywhere on the floor offensively, but she's more natural at finishing in the lane or from mid-range.

Reaction Score
I see that Wonk commented on Deja, but how about the other names?

I understand that Boogie has some great moves. But Geno will need to keep her interested so as not to have a Boogie bored.

And Fortune--we already had Cash and now have Banks, so as we continue to amass riches via recruiting, reaching a Fortune is a natural milestone.

Marta Sniezak? Gesundheit!
Deja who? Could you repeat that again, think I have heard that name before.

Reaction Score
Are there any more Ogwumake(sp) girls around? Did D.T. have any kids yet? Maya any younger sisters running around? Any Stewart cousins playing ball somewhere? Any girl playing ball will have some dreams about draining a trey to win the N.C. for UCONN. So UCONN will always be near the top of the list of most top recruits. We always get some top recruits and with Geno coaching we will always be playing in the final four. We seem to reload instead of rebuild.

Kelly Faris is Superwoman in disguise!

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Yes, UConnCat is correct. They look up to Diggins. When Niele Ivey, Muffet, and Skylar attended on of their games in Niles Michigan, the sisters were very anxious.

If Diggins went to one of the games in Michigan, isn't that against recruiting rules? Aren't coaches only allowed to scout high school players?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Man, I would LOVE to have a player named Boogie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom