2015 Recruiting - Early Nov Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2015 Recruiting - Early Nov Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Next season UConn will have 8 underclassmen. I think the gist of what you're saying is UConn will have Stewart and nobody else will.
UConn will have Stewart Mojeff Butler with 2 years experience and Tuck who has 2 years experience. Both Butler and Tuck will have in reality over 2 years as they have been red shirted. But yes UConn has Stewart and that says it all. She will be the first player to play 4 seasons without a loss. Just think how good she will be in her senior season. Wow

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UConn will have Stewart Mojeff Butler with 2 years experience and Tuck who has 2 years experience. Both Butler and Tuck will have in reality over 2 years as they have been red shirted. But yes UConn has Stewart and that says it all. She will be the first player to play 4 seasons without a loss. Just think how good she will be in her senior season. Wow

What about Notre Dame in her freshman season ?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Butler will be a sophomore with just one year of playing and one year of practicing. I don't think she can qualify as part of an experienced nucleus in '15. Eight underclassmen out of twelve players is a young team any way you slice it.

Reaction Score
Butler will be a sophomore with just one year of playing and one year of practicing. I don't think she can qualify as part of an experienced nucleus in '15. Eight underclassmen out of twelve players is a young team any way you slice it.

No it's not. Not when you will have a core of players like - a lead pg. The best player in the game - and Tuck and possibly Chong- you'd have 3 kids sr in age - one with Intenrational PRO Expereince - that would be 4 upprclassmen that may start. That imo is an experienced team because in a big game at least three will be playing huge minutes. The point is - there may be a high volume of players that are young but the core - that handles the ball, shoots (scores) and rebounds - the fundamentals of basketball . The team will be covered with a ton of expereince of which the younger kids won't have to do as much.

For example this year look at USC. In order to beat us-- they NEED Wilson to be a legit scorer. Good luck with that for an enitre game as a frosh. Her teammates "need her" to score in order to beat us. THAT is pressure. The 8 kids next year - just need to fill minor roles. Big difference.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
No it's not. Not when you will have a core of players like - a lead pg. The best player in the game - and Tuck and possibly Chong- you'd have 3 kids sr in age - one with Intenrational PRO Expereince - that would be 4 upprclassmen that may start. That imo is an experienced team because in a big game at least three will be playing huge minutes. The point is - there may be a high volume of players that are young but the core - that handles the ball, shoots (scores) and rebounds - the fundamentals of basketball . The team will be covered with a ton of expereince of which the younger kids won't have to do as much.

For example this year look at USC. In order to beat us-- they NEED Wilson to be a legit scorer. Good luck with that for an enitre game as a frosh. Her teammates "need her" to score in order to beat us. THAT is pressure. The 8 kids next year - just need to fill minor roles. Big difference.

UConn will need and be looking for contributions from their younger players too. Players like Nurse, Williams, KLS, Butler, and Collier all have the ability to be mainstays in '15. Either way, I don't see how anyone can claim a team with 8 of 12 players being underclassmen isn't young. It's a young team with an older core three (Stewart, Tuck, Jefferson).

Reaction Score
UConn will need and be looking for contributions from their younger players too. Players like Nurse, Williams, KLS, Butler, and Collier all have the ability to be mainstays in '15. Either way, I don't see how anyone can claim a team with 8 of 12 players being underclassmen isn't young. It's a young team with an older core three (Stewart, Tuck, Jefferson).

I don;t see how anyone can say a team with 4 starting upperclassmen that are going to dominate the team overall in all the fundameltals along with scoring wouldn't be considerd "experienced." There is a huge difference between "looking for a contribution" vs playing "a huge role." Not all roles are the same. The roles for the underclasmen next year -- all that will be needed are "contributory roles" as long as Chong progresses too.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don;t see how anyone can say a team with 4 starting upperclassmen that are going to dominate the team overall in all the fundameltals along with scoring wouldn't be considerd "experienced." There is a huge difference between "looking for a contribution" vs playing "a huge role." Not all roles are the same. The roles for the underclasmen next year -- all that will be needed are "contributory roles" as long as Chong progresses too.

You're probably looking at 85 minutes a game between the "big 3" assuming health. Who knows about Chong, but assuming 15-25 for her that leaves 90-100 minutes for the rest of the team. And are you sure Chong and Tuck will be starters? I presume Tuck will be but I'm not certain of that.

Reaction Score
You're probably looking at 85 minutes a game between the "big 3" assuming health. Who knows about Chong, but assuming 15-25 for her that leaves 90-100 minutes for the rest of the team. And are you sure Chong and Tuck will be starters? I presume Tuck will be but I'm not certain of that.

I'm only going by what they are doing right now - I can't be certain of anything. We are all talking hypothetcial here- it's all in fun. I'm going under the assmption that Tuck is heathy yes and that if CHong is a starter now it means she will be a starter next year.

If Tuck is hurt and Chong relinquishes her starting job and losses out on minutes then I agree we are not an expereinced team. But as of this meemt Tuck is healthy and Chong is the starter- so I took those going forward- then I do think we are experienced. But if Kia Nurse or Gabby were to beat out Chong and play huge minutes this year and then start next year and while Tuck is hurt still plays quite a bit I'd be hard pressed to not call the team expereinced. Though it all depends.

Take a look at for example 01-02. We had 4 upperclasmen the rest were frosh and soph. But I'd call that an experienced team.

Reaction Score
Have no idea why people are still worrying about the experience of the 2015 team. With 3 senior, Chong as junior, Nurse with her experience at world championship this year (Canada placed 5th with her scoring 9 point/23 min in the last game.), Butler also had a brilliant freshman year. You need to list a more experienced 2015 team in NCAAW to tell us whether you are genuinely worried or just a nutcase.
Besides, anybody heard if Geno is worried? If he is not, why should you?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm not really worried about that with Stewart and Jefferson as SRs and Tuck as a JR. Along with all that talent.

Reaction Score
Have no idea why people are still worrying about the experience of the 2015 team. With 3 senior, Chong as junior, Nurse with her experience at world championship this year (Canada placed 5th with her scoring 9 point/23 min in the last game.), Butler also had a brilliant freshman year. You need to list a more experienced 2015 team in NCAAW to tell us whether you are genuinely worried or just a nutcase.
Besides, anybody heard if Geno is worried? If he is not, why should you?
Geno is always worried. That's his nature.

(He's probably more realistic about the possibility of ever losing a game again than some on this board too.)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just for the record, I'm not worried about the 2015 team. It will be loaded. I'm just pointing out that it will be a young roster in response to TonyC's comment about it being an experienced nucleus. Nowhere did I say I was worried.

Reaction Score
Just for the record, I'm not worried about the 2015 team. It will be loaded. I'm just pointing out that it will be a young roster in response to TonyC's comment about it being an experienced nucleus. Nowhere did I say I was worried.

I'm not "worried" either (especially if we win this year) but potentially next year I give ND, USC and Tenn a lot more respect. What do you think of their possibilities?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm not "worried" either (especially if we win this year) but potentially next year I give ND, USC and Tenn a lot more respect. What do you think of their possibilities?

Yes, all three of those teams could potentially be powerhouses or close to it. I'm almost sure Notre Dame will be. DeShields' integration at Tennessee will be real interesting to watch. Could be a pretty epic season.

Reaction Score
thought i saw it a while ago but going back to the source, it isn't clear if she committed or just had a great time there!

Erica Ogwumike follows her sister to Pepperdine

Reaction Score
Top 15 Players that have yet to verbal:

View attachment 7385

Update: 5 0f these have verballed

#27 Caliya Robinson to Georgia
#90 Aisha Robertson to Kansas
#132 Bridget Herlihy to Villanova
#143 LaTashia Jones to Okla St
#189 Erica Ogwumike to Pepperdine

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Kalani Brown is signing on November 14th
Beatrice Mompremier is signing on November 18th

Baylor board is saying that Teaira McCowan verballed to Baylor today, but can't find any confirmation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline