2015 PG Marta Sniezek verbals to Stanford | The Boneyard

2015 PG Marta Sniezek verbals to Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder if she was ever on "Land of the Lost"...

Depends just where in Eastern Europe "The Land of the Lost" is located. I'd bet 5 Polish chrusciki that her surname is drawn from one Slavic language or other, with the core meaning of "snow."

Russian "snyezhniy" = snowy

Russian " Snyezhinka " = The Snow Maiden

Croatian " sniezhek " = snow

Polish " snieg " = snow

This ancient word is also a cognate of many other non-Slavic Indo-European words, including words from the Germanic and Romance branches of that language family.

German " Schnee " = snow

English " snow "

French " neige " = snow

Spanish " nieve " = snow

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, but is that a great name--first and last--or what? I wish she were coming to us, just so I could say her name every game day. :)

G

genosguy

didn't see this anywhere:

Marta Sniezek a 5'7" PG from National Cathedral School in Washington DC gave a verbal to Stanford a few days ago. She is a great player in a small private school league.... might be a true sleeper

http://www.fairfaxstars.org/page.asp?con_id=3276
Stanford had Orange at PG and one other . Stanford is a good Academic school and really good in Electronic Engineering. Uconn once was among the very best in producing "practical" engineers--ie meaning Engineers who can get the job done--not so much anymore.
Marta if you want Education--maybe Stanford--if you want education and a National Championship--you know the rest.

Reaction Score
Her other finalists were Princeton, Georgetown and Harvard, so I'm guessing she went more towards education with a good basketball program.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Her other finalists were Princeton, Georgetown and Harvard, so I'm guessing she went more towards education with a good basketball program.
I think you may be correct..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01