2015 Derrick Jones plans to visit UConn soon | The Boneyard

2015 Derrick Jones plans to visit UConn soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://zagsblog.com/articles/derric...me-planning-uconn-louisville-syracuse-visits/

Derrick Jones Sr. said that his son would visit UConn “within the next week or so. We are just trying to work out what day works for us all.”

The visit has been postponed several times.

“We’ve been trying to visit and trying to get him up there,” Myers said. “The second time Kevin Ollie had something going on with his mom and the first time Derrick missed his flight so we couldn’t get him up there. But that’s definitely a place he’s going to go visit.”

UConn has yet to offer

“Coach Ollie wants to see him in person,” Myers said.

Ollie has been linked to several NBA jobs, but Myers said he doesn’t believe that will hurt UConn’s recruiting efforts.

“Why would it?” he asked. “He just came from the NBA, it’s exciting. But I know him and I know he’s very happy where he is. But who knows? IF the right number comes, anybody could make that decision.. But kids want to play there again. UConn is sexy again.”

Reaction Score
I think Jones should be the priority for the 2015 class. I think he would be the perfect player to slide into a lineup of Purvis, Cassell, Hamilton, and Amida for the 2016 championship run.

Reaction Score
Ollie has been linked to several NBA jobs
WTF.... He has NOT been linked to anything. They were all rumors and he was never actually contacted by any team. Not to mention, he's had his contract negotiated for at least a week now. How is this a relevant point/question

Reaction Score
Zags HATES UConn and is a Calipari shill, so whenever he can put us down, or push a negative slant, he will.

It's too bad he gathers info on NE recruiting but he has a big agenda.

Reaction Score
Zags HATES UConn and is a Calipari shill, so whenever he can put us down, or push a negative slant, he will.

not true! zag does not care about teams... I have chatted with him many times.

Reaction Score
not true! zag does not care about teams... I have chatted with him many times.
Yeah, I've never noticed any anti UConn bias from Zagoria. rip7774, I'm curious why you think that?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It does seem he props UK an awful lot, just saying

Reaction Score

I've always found Zagoria to be pretty fair/unbiased. He's no Goodman.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I've never noticed any anti UConn bias from Zagoria. rip7774, I'm curious why you think that?
Maybe hate is the wrong word. I should have said, any chance he gets, he produces fluffer pieces for UK and if there is any controversy with us, much like the national media, he makes sure to put that bug in a recruits' ear and make it a big part of the story.

I like his work and i follow him on twitter. But while I definitely will back off him hating UConn like Goodman, he is a Kentucky shill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom