2015 Commit - Bryan Coney | The Boneyard

2015 Commit - Bryan Coney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Bryan Coney @bconey_ · 9h 9 hours ago
Excited to announce that I am committed to play football at the University of Connecticut #BleedBlue #GoHuskies

Coming in as a preferred walk-on

6'3" 190 lbs WR/FS/SS from Naugatuck, CT.

CHSCA all-state team selection
Tied for the most receiving touchdowns in NVL and is 9th in all time state history
Broke all Naugatuck high school receiving records

2014 season stats:
44 catches
1090 yards
20 TDs

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20...n-coney-commits-to-uconn-as-preferred-walk-on

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3185302/highlights/211555376

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
this is GREAT. EXACTLY what I've been advocating for in preferred walk-ons. 115 max on the roster 85 scholarships leaves roughly 7 preferred spots per year. Give these to hard working intriguing local prospects with the opportunity to earn a scholarship. Worst case is the scout team has an athletic receiver to go up against, best case he earns his scholarship and provides great value as a player.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Love his stats and size as a receiver but I'm going to be the first to say I hope this kid will be a shutdown corner who welcomes WR's to "Coney Island".

My Dad used to take us to Nathan's when we were kids and it will be nice to see "shutdown" and "Coney Island" mean something positive again.

upload_2015-1-6_1-6-49.jpeg

Welcome aboard, Bryan!!!!

Reaction Score
How do the preferred walk ons work? DO they count against the current class? Or is it just like any other walk on?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Congrats Dawg and good luck!

( there is a mention in the article about Brian Coleman (Hartford Public OL) also might take same route - they mean Keith Coleman, correct?

Reaction Score
( there is a mention in the article about Brian Coleman (Hartford Public OL) also might take same route - they mean Keith Coleman, correct?

I would believe so...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
How do the preferred walk ons work? DO they count against the current class? Or is it just like any other walk on?

preferred walkons do not count against any sort of limit as the limit is for scholarship players only. That's kind of what I was getting at with my earlier post, this guy COULD develop into something special (and theres plenty of stories nationwide of walk-ons developing into special players) or at minimum he's an athletic big body for our guys to scout against.

Reaction Score
I don't even want to know the qualifications under which one would be able to make such a comparison...
My daughter buys dried bull penis for her dog and the pup can't get enough of it. It got me to thinking about how they fill orders for such a delicacy. Maybe Nathan's would be a cheaper option!

Bonehead

Reaction Score
My daughter buys dried bull for her dog and the pup can't get enough of it. It got me to thinking about how they fill orders for such a delicacy. Maybe Nathan's would be a cheaper option!

I have 3 pups - is that dried bulls balls??

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My daughter buys dried bull for her dog and the pup can't get enough of it. It got me to thinking about how they fill orders for such a delicacy. Maybe Nathan's would be a cheaper option!

Most non-vegetarians have eaten bull (hamburger). I knew of very few who know what a dog's d0rk tastes like, dry or moist.

Reaction Score
For what ever reason my intial reply was that she gave her pup Dried Bull Peni$ but Peni$ didn't make the cut so to speak.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
hmmmm - might try it...for my dogs. :)

edit - that still came out wrong - I am NOT going to try it literally...

Reaction Score
It's equally amazing that a thread welcoming a new commit has turned into a discussion of dried bull peni$. Only on the Boneyard.

The boneyard is a great metaphor here as all dog peni come with a bone in place.. Not saying but i think we're off topic now.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Want to welcome BCONEY to the UConn family. Chase your dream young man.
And realize this is a place the light doesn't always touch.. Scar points us out as the rise over the northern border...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom