2015-2016 | The Boneyard

2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am looking forward to next year's team and am hopeful. The last 5 to 10 games certain players started to bloom. Purvis looked like the player we all thought he would be from the start. Nolan started playing more aggressive and better defense. Liked what I saw from Lubin. He needs to get more playing time next year. Just gives us a toughness down low. I expect Hamilton to improve immensely. Calhoun having a full year and being a more important part of the offense with Boat gone. I think the 2 keys are Brimah. He needs to get a little tougher down low. If he can tow the line of blocking shots and rebounding the sky's the limit. His pull up game showed in flashes this year. 2nd is SamJr. I think we sorely missed him down the stretch. Having another guard instead of solely relying on Samuel hurt the team. If he can trim down and gain a little quickness he might be the missing ball handler. Don't know what to expect from Facey or Samuel. Add in Adams and Enoch and this team has the parts. I think this year was a great learning experience. Maybe relying on Boatright too much hurt this team in a way. Now he's gone and players have to step up. Our best teams traditionally have been upperclass teams who have played 2 to 3 years together.

Reaction Score
Still need another ball handler(who can knock down a shot), a 3 point shooter and a big man to make next years team able to compete at the level we expect. Desperately need 2 of the 3 added to the roster this spring.

Reaction Score
I believe this will be another perimeter-oriented team. 15 relied a lot on the 3, and I imagine 16 will be similar. Especially after losing Boat, we really need Purvis, Omar, and DHam to step up their 3 clips. But the pieces definitely look like they're there, way more so than this year, minus some leadership. But Purvis looks like he's ready to step in to that role.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Purvis' handle has improved tremendously and his FT%. Hamilton begin turning into an aggressive offensive player and rebounder. I see purvis attacking more next year with adams and hamilton owning the pull-up jumper. He'll be a monster next year. Hamilton lobs to Adams??

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Purvis' handle has improved tremendously and his FT%. Hamilton begin turning into an aggressive offensive player and rebounder. I see purvis attacking more next year with adams and hamilton owning the pull-up jumper. He'll be a monster next year. Hamilton lobs to Adams??

Purv certainly looked like he wanted to be "the man" on Sunday. But that's balanced by his being both erratic game-to-game and the poor FT%. However, I couldn't be happier seeing someone - anyone - try to pick up the pace and go slashing into the paint instead of the ridiculous perimeter passing for 28 seconds then throw up a trey offense we've defaulted to. I'm hoping there's enough talent on the floor to get back to more of a transition game.

With Boat having been on the opponent's top PG, that's probably the biggest drop defensively. I think it'll be too much to ask Adams to be as good there as a frosh. If Brimah doesn't learn better footwork/positioning, then we're not going anywhere. Thankfully we have a legacy of having our big men play big in their Jr/Sr seasons. Obviously defending under the rim forces the game back out to the perimeter, which leads to more transition baskets. But AB/PN/RL have to be safely out of foul trouble consistently.

IMO, the key to getting back in the dance is not being as one-dimensional on offense as we were this year. And winning every game we're supposed to win. Had we not lost to Houston and Yale I think we're barely in. Add Texas and we're definitely in.

Reaction Score
I liked Roc at the 4. If he can stay out of foul trouble he gives us more upside than Facey or Nolan. At the end UConn became too easy to defend. They seem to run just one set and Boat was too short to see over double teams to pass over them to an open man. The offense really was offensive to watch. I don't know if it was the coach or the players just not basketball savvy enough. Whatever it was this season was one to forget.

Reaction Score
I'm really looking forward to Jalen dropping the ball off to DHam in the middle of the zone and flaring out to the corner. DHam makes his move inside, the 5 steps to meet him, and DHam then has Brimah on one side of the basket, Enoch on the other, with Adams in the corner and Purvis behind him open on the perimeter when the D collapses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom