2015-2016 Season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe the team speed will be improved because the sophomores have had a year to more gain strength and stamina. I would be disappointed if this team went into a defensive shell the same number of times it did last season.

Thompson and Letunov are going to improve the offensive capabilities of the team but they are young and still need to fill out their frames to be dominate players in Hockey East. Letunov is the much needed playmaking center the team needs. Besides Letunov and Thompson, I am not sure how much to expect from El-Mir, Richter, and Kalter in their freshmen year.

A big indicator of the team speed will be the Mariucci Tournament. The ice surface at the University of Minnesota is Olympic size. With a game against a highly ranked Minnesota and possibly a game against highly ranked Harvard, UConn fans will be able to see how the team fares on a bigger sheet.

Reaction Score
^^^I'll be there OCT 3rd. Men's soccer plays Memphis @ 7pm and hockey game is @ 3:05. Great doubleheader.

Reaction Score
Is anyone planning to attend the open practice at the XL Center at 4:30 on September 25?

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony article about Rob Nichols

Nichols is still not practicing on back to back days, has a strength test this week with his doctor in hopes to get full clearance, hopes to see some action against Queens University on October 3, most likely will only play in one game against Alabama-Huntsville, and due to the surgeries this offseason is not starting the season in as good of shape as last year.

Tanner Creel and Stephen Thulin are still battling for the number two spot on the depth chart.

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-uconn-hockey-rob-nichols-0920-20150919-story.html

Reaction Score
SchlossmanGF 5:50pm via Twitter Web Client
NCAA's youngest teams (based on age, not grade): 1. BC, 2. BU, 3. Michigan, 4. Wisco, 5. Notre Dame, 6. North Dakota, 7. Minnesota, 8. UConn

Reaction Score
According to the Hartford Courant's Mike Anthony, season tickets sales are at 2,700.

Reaction Score
According to the Hartford Courant's Mike Anthony, season tickets sales are at 2,700.

Great #. It would have been nice to have 3k or half the lower bowl filled with ST. Uconn ST count of 2,700 is better than the season average of 30 different D1 teams in 14-15. Winning and this team should grow the ticket sales. I hope they don't price them too high too early . This program is only in year 2.
Don't kill the buzz with wicked high prices.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendance/division-i-men/2014-2015/

OT: I was at Barclays to see the islanders this Monday. Not the best place for hockey and VERY different than Nassau or HCC. It's a glorified AHL rink. So many obstructed seats, but I did have fun. I thought 9.00 beer was bad, try 13.50!!! They were promoting the crap out of "college hockey in Brooklyn". Uconn husky on Jumbotron at least 8 times and signs everywhere. Hopefully we bring a nice crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom