2015-16 | The Boneyard

2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heres to next year can't win them all. Just want to thank Boat for all his hard work
Next years lineup
Adams
Purv
D Ham
Nolan
Brimah
I'm going to be an optimist theres talent there, hard work in the offseason will be key.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Throughout UConn history, good years have always followed the bad. If everyone (a big, big if) improves we will have the talent to go deep. Hoping for one more big pickup in spring recruiting to round out next year's class...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll go out on a limb and say that Rock has a good chance of stealing the four spot.

Conditioning will be the key, but after watching Lubin, Facey and Phil this year, Lubin is the only one who can protect Amidah on the inside.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The one thing we need is size, both height and weight wise. Rock for his size looks like he has moves and a decent stroke, but we need to get at least one of the bigs we're after.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
If Lubin cuts fat he'd be substantially better.
If Purvis is the aggressive guard he was today, he'd be a star.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Heres to next year can't win them all. Just want to thank Boat for all his hard work
Next years lineup
Adams
Purv
D Ham
Nolan
Brimah
I'm going to be an optimist theres talent there, hard work in the offseason will be key.

OK - so you are in the inner circle and know that KO is not recruiting anyone else
you are a new poster and with posts like this I hope the history is short

Reaction Score
OK - so you are in the inner circle and know that KO is not recruiting anyone else
you are a new poster and with posts like this I hope the history is short

What in the world are you talking about? Yeah, shame on him for only listing players who we know will be on the team next year. His predicted starting lineup should have included Bruce Brown and Diamond Stone. Unwad your panties.

Reaction Score
I still think they're a piece away from being a real contender but the personnel right now has talent. A lot will hinge on Brimah and Hamilton improving.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
I feel better about Purvis going into next season but we need one more piece. Hopefully with coaching changes ( Alabama fired theirs today) a solid player or two will shake lose.

Reaction Score
I still think they're a piece away from being a real contender but the personnel right now has talent. A lot will hinge on Brimah and Hamilton improving.
If Brimah gets no more help or in fact gives no more help without a significant addition inside we are in deep trouble. I have no idea if Enoch is that guy, hope he is but we also need shooting and ball handling talent in addition to Adams. Very much in favor of Lubin getting a chance. Still an NIT list.

Reaction Score
The problem is I think that there will be at least 4 other AAC teams that will be pretty good, but the committee won't respect them so it's almost a no win proposition for UConn.

Cincinnati should be pretty good, although they need another scorer. Tulsa should be better with a bunch of seniors on their team, but Haith is always risky. Memphis has a chance to be good if the Lawson kids help right away. And SMU will still have Moore and Kennedy so you know they'll be good.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Phil is what he is. A less athletic, slower version of what he was as a freshman. Someone who kinda runs around, kinda plays post defense, takes charges and can't score.

TSam is a PG who can't dribble, is average speed at best, can't get to the rim and finish and definitely can't shoot.

Both of them should be buried on the bench next year except for special situations.

Both of them came in with viable college skillsets and both have regressed. I don't know if it's on them or the coaches but their development has been flat to negative.

Reaction Score
Next year we'll be UConn with a coach I love and a team I'll root for and I predict I'll watch every second of every game. But first the NIT!

Reaction Score
It's funny everyones hating on Phil, with some of the criticism warranted, but he is a better rebounder than Brimah.

Reaction Score
Next year we need the bigs to perform much better. Today AB, Nolan and Lubin combined for 51 minutes, 5 rebounds,pitiful, 2 -3 from the floor for 4 points. Not going to win many games with stats like this from your bigs.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I was pleasantly surprised by the pulse that Phil showed during the first three games. We needed him today, as he is our most consistent post defender. Disappointed that he couldn't make an impact today - Phil playing at the 2014 tourney level stops Kennedy and Moreira from dominating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom