OT: 2015-16/Sleepers (Who do you like)...? | The Boneyard

OT: 2015-16/Sleepers (Who do you like)...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I never consider UConn a sleeper. So now that rosters have been finalized (Max Bielfeldt/Michigan still looking for a home though) who may be the big surprises next year? A team that may unexpectedly make the Final4 or E8. I don't put much stock in the national pundits opinions. The BY has some of the most knowledgeable hoops fans from a national perspective. Maybe the most intelligent fan base in college basketball. Many finding homes on this site which is known as the mecca of college hoops discussion in the United States of America.

So I defer to the masses for some objective opinions. :)

Reaction Score
The BY has some of the most knowledgeable hoops fans from a national perspective. Maybe the most intelligent fan base in college basketball.
lol

But Cincy, Louisville, and Purdue will all be in the top ten at some point next season.

Reaction Score
Blue Blood said:
Not sure how much of a sleeper they are in most polls they are in the top 15 but I think Gonzaga has a great chance to finally break through and get to the final four their front court may be the best in the country

I agree. I think think they could win the whole thing. Sabonis looked awesome as a frosh last year.

Reaction Score
I agree. I think think they could win the whole thing. Sabonis looked awesome as a frosh last year.
I know their frontcourt is amazing, but guards win titles in march, and theirs are above average. Good, not great

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Gonzaga, Florida State, and I think Oklahoma wins the Big12 and makes a run to the E8 possibly Final Four.

Reaction Score
Not sure how much of a sleeper they are in most polls they are in the top 15 but I think Gonzaga has a great chance to finally break through and get to the final four their front court may be the best in the country

I love Sabonis. That kid could be the best PF in the country. Wiltjer is still a defensive liability. Karno can't be on the floor at crunch time because of free throw shooting. Still you are correct that front court is 1 of if not the best. The question is can Perkins after his injury last year jump in without much experience and be a leader and PTP'er? Can Silas Melson step in for Gary Bell Jr as a Soph.? If the Zags landed Damion Lee then Final4 in my opinion would have been a strong probability. I think they may fall short but you are on the money with the front court IMO.

Thanks...

Reaction Score
Indiana. Ferrell is back along with Blackmon, Troy Williams and Robert Johnson...plus they're adding Thomas Bryant so they'll actually have a good post player.

Reaction Score
PC, FSU, Illinois, all for various reasons.
Hey Caw...

This is a kid I am really looking forward to following to see if he can provide Florida State with another long range bomber other than Bookert.

I think Beasley and Bacon will be huge pickups.

If Tracy Abrams recovers fully from the ACL injury Illinois should have a legit senior PG with a VERY good recruiting class. Hill has is projected as a pro but the guy to watch is Kendrick Nunn. Both will be Juniors. I lost some faith in Groce after last year despite the injuries and suspensions. I believe the United Center and Illinois are hosting next year in the NCAA Tournament. My assumption is they won't be able to play in the Midwest Regional. I could be wrong.

Thanks...

Reaction Score
Gonzaga, Florida State, and I think Oklahoma wins the Big12 and makes a run to the E8 possibly Final Four.

It will be very interesting to how Thomas for the Sooners is replaced by Manyang (ranked #3 Junior College player) in the country by 247. Boucher signed with Oregon. Sooners will be very good.

Reaction Score
Indiana. Ferrell is back along with Blackmon, Troy Williams and Robert Johnson...plus they're adding Thomas Bryant so they'll actually have a good post player.

It will very interesting to see how Indiana does in the depth department after losing Davis and Perea for the season. Will adding Bielfeldt help assuming he doesn't pick Nebraska or ISU? Blackmon Jr. wants to play some point so I expect him to get a few minutes there with Yogi. I love the Indiana starting like up if they can improve defensively as a team. My real concern is Bryant has no depth behind him now and he is a Freshman.

Thanks...

Reaction Score
Florida St., LSU, Cal, Purdue, Cincinnati, and Gonzaga will all be really good.

Purdue arguably will have 1 of the best front courts in the country. The huge question is can Painter work with what he has at PG. Davis and Hammons are beasts defensively. The idea of starting 5th year transfer Hill at the point could be scary. He turned it over 11 times in 1 game last year against Georgia State. If they figure out the PG then Purdue could be VERY VERY dangerous. Not sure they can though. I still think losing the M & M's to the NBA will really hurt LSU but that's what makes them a potential sleeper despite a great recruiting class.

With Cal they may have to play Rabb at the 5 with no depth at that spot. The key is Tyrone Wallace. IF he can improve his outside shot and make free throws then Cal will take it to another level with the addition of Brown. JMHO

Thanks...

Cincinnati could be just 1 consistent shooter away from knocking on the door to a big season. Ellis is working hard in the off season and has already packed on more muscle.

Reaction Score
lol

But Cincy, Louisville, and Purdue will all be in the top ten at some point next season.

Thanks! I touched in Cincy and the Boilermakers. I never count out Louisville. The 2 5th year transfers are dynamite.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It will be very interesting to how Thomas for the Sooners is replaced by Manyang (ranked #3 Junior College player) in the country by 247. Boucher signed with Oregon. Sooners will be very good.
The Sooners have been knocking on the door the last 3 seasons, they're bound to break through soon. Always play close games in March and now that their whole team is seniors I think they make a nice run. Unless they're in UConn's region ;)

Reaction Score
Some of the mentioned teams are handicapped by poor coaching, inexperience in the Big Dance, and lack of good guard play. It is AMAZING to me how many of the P5 have never won the Big Enchilada let alone have never played in the FF!!!!!!!!!!!!We are blessed.

Reaction Score
Rhode Island, Davidson, and Texas A&M.

I also suspect Syracuse will be heard from.

I really love Hogg & Gilder in the A & M 2015 class. I think Davis and Thomas need to get in shape. A & M may be better going small with Jones. I know you love the smaller lineups so Kennedy would have to pull the trigger on it. Love the personnel on A & M this year. I would take you as the HC over Kennedy for a potential deep run. They could do it though regardless so it should be interesting to watch.

Reaction Score
I think Florida State will be very good. They brought in a good class. I also think that Chris Collins will make some noise at Northwestern.

I'm with champs on Syracuse. Something tells me that Boeheim still has some bullets left in his arsenal.

Reaction Score
Cuse did win with Melo, but the zone is usually a non starter in the Dance. Witness the Cuse's poor showings the last 10 years usually with boatloads of talent.:(:(

Reaction Score
Gonzaga looks good. I like how their big men play together and Wiltjer could be player of the year. #iknownotsleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom