Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mariucci Classic

January 1: UConn vs. Minnesota

January 2: UConn vs. Either Harvard or Ferris State

Reaction Score
January 5: @ Arizona State

Game is the week of the Desert Hockey Classic.

I believe it replaces the away game against RPI.

Reaction Score
UConn @ BU Saturday Oct. 24
BU @ UConn TUESDAY Oct. 27

Why? Because freaking Marvel Universe Live is at XL on Friday Oct 23. UConn hockey is below MARVEL UNIVERSE LIVE on the scheduling totem pole. It's not even during basketball season!

BUILD AN ON-CAMPUS ARENA.

Reaction Score
UConn @ BU Saturday Oct. 24
BU @ UConn TUESDAY Oct. 27

Why? Because freaking Marvel Universe Live is at XL on Friday Oct 23. UConn hockey is below MARVEL UNIVERSE LIVE on the scheduling totem pole. It's not even during basketball season!

BUILD AN ON-CAMPUS ARENA.

Or more like Marvel Universe is booked far in advance of the formulation of the hockey schedule...

Reaction Score
How do we not know BU would have objected to playing in Hartford Friday regardless? UConn only played 1 back-back last season and the alum of HE seem to have first right of refusal when scheduling UConn.

Reaction Score
Oct. 9 @ Alabama-Huntsville (TBD)
Oct. 10 @ Alabama-Huntsville (TBD)
Oct. 17 vs. Arizona State (TBD)
Oct. 18 vs. Quinnipiac (TBD)
Oct. 24 @ Boston University (TBD)
Oct. 27 vs. Boston University (7:05 p.m.)
Oct. 31 vs. Notre Dame (2:05 p.m.)

Nov. 1 @ Notre Dame - Brooklyn Hockey @ Barclay's Center (2:05 p.m.)
Nov. 11 vs. Army (TBD)

Dec. 11 vs. Merrimack (TBD)

Jan. 1 vs. Minnesota – Mariucci Classic @ Minneapolis, Minnesota
Jan. 2 vs. Harvard/Ferris State– Mariucci Classic @ Minneapolis, Minnesota
Jan. 5 @ Arizona State (TBD)
Jan. 8 vs. Michigan Tech - Desert Hockey Classic @ Glendale, Ariz.
Jan. 10 vs. TBA - Desert Hockey Classic @ Glendale, Ariz.
Jan. 15 @ Maine (TBD)
Jan. 16 @ Maine (TBD)

Feb. 2 vs. Brown (TBD)
Feb. 6 @ Merrimack (TBD)
Feb. 19 vs. Northeastern (TBD)
Feb. 20 @ Northeastern (TBD)

Updated*

Reaction Score
Or more like Marvel Universe is booked far in advance of the formulation of the hockey schedule...

Which is an additional reason for needing a hockey rink built in Storrs. It would give UConn men's ice hockey additional bargaining power over prime nights to play in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Which is an additional reason for needing a hockey rink built in Storrs. It would give UConn men's ice hockey additional bargaining power over prime nights to play in Hartford.

Ok, that's one thing to say what you are saying and I totally get it and it is true but BB saying that the XLC values Marvel Universe over UConn is not rational based off the fact they were booked long before the formation of the hockey schedule.

Reaction Score
My question here is why isn't BU more flexible in scheduling with us? We played last year with a 2 week break in between our games, this year - 2 days.

I'm not going to get hung up on it though because the game is still going to draw 7-8k regardless of it falling on a Tuesday night.

Reaction Score
Ok, that's one thing to say what you are saying and I totally get it and it is true but BB saying that the XLC values Marvel Universe over UConn is not rational based off the fact they were booked long before the formation of the hockey schedule.

Oh, its quite rational. The XL Center should realize that any Friday or Saturday night during the college hockey season is probably a prime spot for UConn hockey.

Reaction Score
As the schedule has come together I have noticed how great the first four home games of the year should be.

Not too shabby opening your home schedule with games against Quinnipiac, BU, and Notre Dame. ASU will be a great atmosphere too with it being opening night.

Should be a great atmosphere for all 4 games. Saturday against Quinnipiac should be fun. UConn surprised them last year in Bridgeport and you could tell Pecknold was none too pleased losing to Uconn.

All games should be sold out or at least close to capacity.

BTW, Uconn will be playing a home game against Sacred Heart but do not know the date.

Reaction Score
How do we not know BU would have objected to playing in Hartford Friday regardless? UConn only played 1 back-back last season and the alum of HE seem to have first right of refusal when scheduling UConn.
I can give you a stone cold 100% guarantee BU would not have objected to playing on the road that Friday. I'll go ask the BU SID myself if you REALLY want me to prove it. Of course Marvel was scheduled ahead of time. The problem is, UConn/XL have no communication to establish that hey, that's a prime weekend for hockey, don't book the damn arena for the entire freaking weekend. The clear as day problem here is that UConn hockey is low on the scheduling totem pole at XL, and it should not be. It will harm the program ultimately, it will harm the attendance, and it'll likely start to really piss off other HE programs who have to repeatedly come in on these odd dates because XL scheduled the circus. BU, UML, and a couple of other HE programs play in arenas where there are regularly scheduled shows and concerts. None of them have to worry about getting shoved to the middle of the week. Why? Because they have precedent. If UConn is going to continue playing its full schedule there, there MUST be an agreement with the arena that hockey takes precedent over all events outside of mens and womens basketball, which can both easily be scheduled around.

Reaction Score
My question here is why isn't BU more flexible in scheduling with us? We played last year with a 2 week break in between our games, this year - 2 days.
You can't be serious saying this. BU is coming to CT to play on a Tuesday and you're asking why we're not MORE flexible? It has nothing to do with how long of a break there is between games, that's not how it works. Traditionally college hockey is scheduled on Friday and Saturday nights, every team structures their practice and travel schedules around this format, with very few exceptions. For UConn to say sorry guys, we can't play you at home on the Friday before our game on Saturday, you'll have to come to us on Tuesday is UConn/XL being inflexible. Either realize you can't schedule circus shows on weekends in October, or offer to play the game later in the season. BU I'm sure would be happy to find a way to shuffle a game or two around to go to UConn on another weekend for one game. This kind of thing happens all the time where the two games are played on completely different weekends. We played at BC in November last season, and home in January. I'm absolutely baffled how BU is the one being inflexible here.

Reaction Score
You can't be serious saying this. BU is coming to CT to play on a Tuesday and you're asking why we're not MORE flexible? It has nothing to do with how long of a break there is between games, that's not how it works. Traditionally college hockey is scheduled on Friday and Saturday nights, every team structures their practice and travel schedules around this format, with very few exceptions. For UConn to say sorry guys, we can't play you at home on the Friday before our game on Saturday, you'll have to come to us on Tuesday is UConn/XL being inflexible. Either realize you can't schedule circus shows on weekends in October, or offer to play the game later in the season. BU I'm sure would be happy to find a way to shuffle a game or two around to go to UConn on another weekend for one game. This kind of thing happens all the time where the two games are played on completely different weekends. We played at BC in November last season, and home in January. I'm absolutely baffled how BU is the one being inflexible here.
Just another reason why UCONN needs to get the on-campus arena project moving! If they had their own place on campus there would be no scheduling issues or rent to pay.

Reaction Score
Just another reason why UCONN needs to get the on-campus arena project moving!
Plus, a newly announced Hartford indoor soccer franchise intending to play games in the Civic Center - late fall-spring season.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous, how many teams do they think they can pack in there at once? Two basketball, one soccer, one college hockey, one pro hockey, plus shows and concerts? This is not a sustainable long-term plan for UConn unless there is an in-writing agreement that UConn gets first dibs on scheduling, so that hockey only has to be scheduled around basketball games, which isn't difficult to do.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous, how many teams do they think they can pack in there at once? Two basketball, one soccer, one college hockey, one pro hockey, plus shows and concerts? This is not a sustainable long-term plan for UConn unless there is an in-writing agreement that UConn gets first dibs on scheduling, so that hockey only has to be scheduled around basketball games, which isn't difficult to do.
Even more proof that UCONN needs a on-campus barn/team facility!

Reaction Score
It didn't last year on a Saturday with the most hyped collegiate hockey player of all time coming to town.

It was also on a Saturday in the afternoon with a home football game that same night against Cincinnati. I did football last year as had already bought the tickets. My group of 5 just bought our season hockey tickets. We will not be making that mistake again.

Reaction Score
1. The Wolf Pack will be gone after next year (thank God). That will put to bed the scheduling difficulties.

2. BrasssBonanza don't worry about our Hockey East-leading attendance numbers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wednesday’s Hartford Courant carried a copy of the UConn men’s ice hockey schedule for the coming season. Of course, the schedule has not yet appeared on the UConn athletics website.

Sa Oct 3 Queens University (exhibition in Storrs) 3pm
Fr Oct 9 @ Alabama Huntsville
Sa Oct 10 @ Alabama Huntsville
Fr Oct 16 Arizona State
Sa Oct 24 @ BU
Tu Oct 27 BU
Sa Oct 31 Notre Dame 3:05
Su Nov 1 Notre Dame (Brooklyn) 2:35pm
Fr Nov 6 UMass
Sa Nov 7 @ UMass
Tu Nov 10 Arm
Fr Nov 13 @ Vermont
Tu Nov 17 Quinnipiac
Tu Nov 24 BC
Sa Dec 5 @ UMass Lowell 3:05
Su Dec 6 UMass Lowell
Fr Dec 11 Merrimack
Fr Jan 1 @ Mariucci Classic
Sa Jan 2 @ Mariucci Classic
Tu Jan 5 @ Arizona State
Fr Jan 8 vs Michigan Tech (Arizona State)
Sa Jan 9 vs Yale/Arizona State
Fr Jan 15 @ Maine
Sa Jan 16 @ Maine
Fr Jan 22 Vermont
Sa Jan 23 @ B
Tu Jan 26 Sacred Heart
Tu Feb 2 Brown
Sa Feb 6 @ Merrimack
Fr Feb 12 @ Providence
Sa Feb 13 Providence 5:05
Fr Feb 19 Northeastern
Sa Feb 20 Northeastern
Fr Feb 26 New Hampshire
Sa Feb 27 @ New Hampshire

Reaction Score
Schedule announced today.

ONLY 3 Saturday home games versus 5 Tuesday home games.

To make matters worse, 3 of the Tuesday games are against BU, BC, and Quinnipiac.

I am sorry but it's a joke playing your three biggest rivals on a Tuesday versus a Saturday or a Friday.

Reaction Score
Schedule announced today.

ONLY 3 Saturday home games versus 5 Tuesday home games.

To make matters worse, 3 of the Tuesday games are against BU, BC, and Quinnipiac.

I am sorry but it's a joke playing your three biggest rivals on a Tuesday versus a Saturday or a Friday.
This is reality until either the on-campus barn is built or the XL gives them priority to Fri/Sat dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom