2014 PF Abdul Malik-Abu | The Boneyard

2014 PF Abdul Malik-Abu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@JayJayUSATODAY: 2014 F Abdul-Malik Abu tells me that NC State, Florida, Providence and UConn are coming at him the hardest right now.

GREAT news.

Reaction Score
Come July 1 Uconn will hit the road and close the gap with these players

Reaction Score
I would take either, but slightly like black more.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
After spending extensive time watching highlight videos (at least 10 minutes, maybe 15), I have a slight preference for Abu. He has serious leaping ability and actually showed more range on his jumper. Not sure about who has the better handle. Abu looks a little bigger and more of a PF. Black was listed as a SF, which I don't really get, but he looks really good too. Can't go wrong with either. Black has a really nice midrange jumper game and attacks the hoop really strong, competes hard inside. If we somehow got Oubre and Black, we'd have a lineup of amazing big wings. Let's say our current guys are gone, we could have Purvis pg, Calhoun, Hamilton, Oubre, and Black. That would be some kind of small lineup. Throw in Facey and Brimah t0 bring in some height. Need some additional ball handlers. The combinations are endless.

Reaction Score
This is my guy. He's the rugged, aggressive banger UConn lacks. I love the fact when he's in close, he goes up strong, playing through contact. A strong dunker & developing a shooting touch. What's not to like? Give me Abu, Hamilton, Chukwu, Hill & maybe a PG... and call it a day!

Reaction Score
247Sports has this thing called the "Crystal Ball" where the writers predict where top recruits will go to school. Jerry Meyer, the top guy at 247Sports, picked UConn as his prediction. That's gotta mean something, right?

lU9fzrH.png

http://247sports.com/Player/Abdul-Malik-Abu-15812

Reaction Score
247Sports has this thing called the "Crystal Ball" where the writers predict where top recruits will go to school. Jerry Meyer, the top guy at 247Sports, picked UConn as his prediction. That's gotta mean something, right?

lU9fzrH.png

http://247sports.com/Player/Abdul-Malik-Abu-15812

Chukwu, Abu, Oubre and Hamilton would be sick.

Throw in some Calhoun, Purvis, Facey, Nolan and Samuel, and these teams have nowhere to hide. Kentucky my butt.

Reaction Score
Wonder if he has a reason why or its just a hunch.

Reaction Score
I like how they think over there at 247. They have Hamilton ranked 9 overall and Oubre 19

Reaction Score
I think if we can land Oubre and one of these bigs we're all set for blue chippers. We'd just need a few solid role players to round out the roster.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
If we landed Oubre and Chukwu, we would be in awesome shape. Maybe a pure point to pull things together....not sold that Purvis can be the real PG we need, but maybe Samuel will be the guy who can be the glue that makes all the star pieces fit together. Oubre looks really good to me. Abu may be a better addition, if we could only get one. Why not be greedy and get all 3. That would be the best class ever and would put UConn up into a class of recruiting never seen before. I will not hold my breath, but this is getting fun after getting two high level players.

If we could only get one more top player (of the kids we are currently involved with), who would you want?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If we landed Oubre and Chukwu, we would be in awesome shape. Maybe a pure point to pull things together....not sold that Purvis can be the real PG we need, but maybe Samuel will be the guy who can be the glue that makes all the star pieces fit together. Oubre looks really good to me. Abu may be a better addition, if we could only get one. Why not be greedy and get all 3. That would be the best class ever and would put UConn up into a class of recruiting never seen before. I will not hold my breath, but this is getting fun after getting two high level players.

If we could only get one more top player (of the kids we are currently involved with), who would you want?
PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET