2014 Paschal Chuckwu | The Boneyard

2014 Paschal Chuckwu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His length is ridiculous, looks like he would be dominant on the defensive end. He could become a beast.

Reaction Score
He is the real deal. Huge presence on the defensive end. GAME CHANGER. His offensive game I can not categorize as a project. He has great form on his free throws and a soft touch from 12 Ft in.

Reaction Score
I've been saying for awhile he's much better than people have given him credit for. Do I think he'll be another Thabeet? No. Thabeet possessed quickness, hops and good sense for blocking at 7'2", so it didn't matter how developed his offense was.

Reaction Score
He looks like he will be better than Thabeet offensively, with his 7'7 wingspan I would think he would be like Thabeet on defense.

Reaction Score
Someone tweeted the video to Andre Drummond and he had this to say:
@DRE_DRUMMOND_: (video link) damn this is a big boy! 7'2 JR!! Sheesh and he's a animal crazy upside

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Chukwu has all the skills I want in a center. He dunks, dunks, and oh, yeah, dunks. If he can only hit at least 70% of his free-throws, he'll be the perfect center. To the poster who referenced Thabeet's 'hops', did you actually watch him play? Neither 'hops' nor agility were strengths he possessed. As far as hops, most of his blocks were flat-footed and I'm sure most posters remember themselves yelling at the tv screen for Thabeet to go up strong and slam it home after he made a soft put-in attempt. 'Hops' were not something Thabeet will ever be remembered for.

Reaction Score
Chukwu has all the skills I want in a center. He dunks, dunks, and oh, yeah, dunks. If he can only hit at least 70% of his free-throws, he'll be the perfect center. To the poster who referenced Thabeet's 'hops', did you actually watch him play? Neither 'hops' nor agility were strengths he possessed. As far as hops, most of his blocks were flat-footed and I'm sure most posters remember themselves yelling at the tv screen for Thabeet to go up strong and slam it home after he made a soft put-in attempt. 'Hops' were not something Thabeet will ever be remembered for.

You underrate Thabeet's athletic ability. There's a reason he went #2. He passed the looks test. Toughness was another story.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
cannot let him leave the state. if i'm ollie i sleep in my car outside his house until he commits. serious front court depth in 2014 if you have the 2 africans, the jamaican and the nolan.

I'm with you. But Im not sleeping in the same car.

Reaction Score
These recent videos have shown me what great touch he has on his jump shot. Seems to be aggression mixed with some smoothness in his game. I hope can he duplicate that on the college level. If he does, it will be fun to watch.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Part of me says he's going to UConn. But another part of me says that he'll go to a Catholic school...

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Why? Is he Catholic?

Yes. And he goes to Fairfield Prep, a Jesuit school. Sydney Johnson is recruiting him harder than anyone right now, but he's not getting any recognition because he coaches Fairfield. A lot of Catholic school kids go on to a Catholic college, just something I noticed over the years... (some exceptions though, he could be one).

Reaction Score
I've seen Paschal play in more than one game and i think he is very much comparable to hasheem thabeet. Great size, alters every shot, and can rebound. His offensive game could use some work but his jump shot is pretty good. He played varsity soccer so you already know he can run the floor. But as a junior he has a whole year to develop and get better both offensively and defensively. Its looking like it will come down to us and providence as of right now and i die if we let another in state recruit go to providence

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I've seen Paschal play in more than one game and i think he is very much comparable to hasheem thabeet. Great size, alters every shot, and can rebound. His offensive game could use some work but his jump shot is pretty good. He played varsity soccer so you already know he can run the floor. But as a junior he has a whole year to develop and get better both offensively and defensively. Its looking like it will come down to us and providence as of right now and i die if we let another in state recruit go to providence

Yeah I've seen him play many a times. He is so underrated right now, so it won't come down to us and Providence. I would expect him to make a jump into the ESPN top 50 by the end of the summer, and more big-time schools will start knocking. We need to protect him and make up his mind before he explodes, because it will happen.

Reaction Score
Yeah I've seen him play many a times. He is so underrated right now, so it won't come down to us and Providence. I would expect him to make a jump into the ESPN top 50 by the end of the summer, and more big-time schools will start knocking. We need to protect him and make up his mind before he explodes, because it will happen.
So true he is going to explode onto the scene senior year in my opinion he should be the #1 priority for the class of 2014 followed really closely by ahmed hill

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
So true he is going to explode onto the scene senior year in my opinion he should be the #1 priority for the class of 2014 followed really closely by ahmed hill

I can imagine they know this. But we need to start making him priority #1. A really good big-man can make your team so much better than a good guard.

Reaction Score
follow him on twitter or give him a shoutout let him know husky nation sees him hes a really nice kid @raphaelpchill

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yes. And he goes to Fairfield Prep, a Jesuit school. Sydney Johnson is recruiting him harder than anyone right now, but he's not getting any recognition because he coaches Fairfield. A lot of Catholic school kids go on to a Catholic college, just something I noticed over the years... (some exceptions though, he could be one).
He spent his first two years of HS at Trinity Catholic in Stamford (where my son was a student). I'm not sure of his religion but his penchant for catholic high schools is due to the fact that as private schools (the great majority down here are catholic) they do not have the residence requirement that public high schools have.

I'm pretty confident that this kid will end up at whatever school he views as best for his future, regardless of whether it is a large public university or a private school, catholic or not.

Reaction Score
Is Purvis, Chukwu, Black, Hill and McGlaughlin too much to ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom