2014 National Prep Showcase | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2014 National Prep Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I know Ollie whiffed on all of his wing targets, but I don't think they'll go after Frame - doesn't seem like a fit and there are other concerns. There's nothing else out there for them - the wings they'd want are not interested and the wings that are interested they wouldn't want.

I wouldn't panic on Enoch - forget the rankings, he was always going to be a project.

Reaction Score
It's always nice to have enough talent as possible but we certainly don't need a wing, DHam will probably be the best wing in the entire country next year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie certainly seems to think we do.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Kevin Ollie certainly seems to think we do.

I think it's more a case of having two scholarships available and you might as well try to use them if you can find the right fit. One has been earmarked for Stone and the other would make the most sense as a Hamilton insurance policy (I doubted he'd be a one and done candidate, but I may be wrong - he has excellent size for an NBA two and is a good enough jump shooter that an NBA team may feel comfortable letting him develop his range).

But even if DHam leaves after this year, we would still have a senior Omar and we would still have big guards who could defend the 3 no problem. Obviously, we'll need to replenish talent in the 2016 class around Adams (figuring DHam, Purvis and Brimah will all be gone). Ollie just tried to get a bit of a head start.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I know Ollie whiffed on all of his wing targets, but I don't think they'll go after Frame - doesn't seem like a fit and there are other concerns. There's nothing else out there for them - the wings they'd want are not interested and the wings that are interested they wouldn't want.

I wouldn't panic on Enoch - forget the rankings, he was always going to be a project.
Seems like Ollie really wants a 2015 perimeter/wing player who can play right away to give us more depth and hedge against D-Ham or Purv leaving and with Enoch being a multiple year project this is going to be another light year for us. Any chance that we get involved with any top 100 prospects who are not committed yet like a Davon Dillard or Brandon Sampson or is it so late that we wont get involved?

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Yea Adams didn't do much in that game but I think it had a lot to do with playing a team that was inferior to Brewster and had like 1 or 2 subs (one of them being 50 cents son). You could still see he has a great handle and is very athletic ( had moments where he jumped for boards/blocks/put backs where his head was at rim level.. I also dont think we go for frame because I think he will go somewhere where he can get loads of playing time which isnt Uconn . I didnt get to see Ager but I would like to get him in a Uconn jersey...No one really stuck out that much from the games I watched..The kid Crisp on brewster committed to washington, he is a freak athlete as well he threw one oop to Jalen which was converted but wasnt as good as it couldve been... I was really impressed by Falzon who committed to Northwestern.. That kid has range and a pure stroke, once he puts on weight he will be even more of a force.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Brewster Academy 81 St. John’s NW Military 64

The defending national champions proved their depth in their NPS opener. Joe Sherburne was a surprise star, scoring 14 points while going 4-4 from behind the three-point line and making seemingly every right play. David Crisp scored a team high 16 points on five three-pointers plus a free-throw while Jalen Adams had 14 points on just 7 shots while running the point. St. John’s was led by the three-headed monster of Ahmad Caver (22 points), Marquise Jackson (20 points), and Raymond Doby (17 points).

Reaction Score
I can say the Joe sherburne kid is going to be a nice player for someone. Kid has a nice stroke, plays smart and has good size. He hit at least 3-4 threes in first half of Sundays game as well.

Reaction Score
Where did this come from that Enoch is going to be a project? I thought he was shooting up the rankings and was more polished than raw.

Reaction Score
Where did this come from that Enoch is going to be a project? I thought he was shooting up the rankings and was more polished than raw.

He was always a project. Last year was his first year on varsity. He just started playing basketball seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom