2014 Home/Away Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2014 Home/Away Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It looks like a ConferenceUSA schedule in drag. Not that there's anything wrong with that if you're into that type of thing.

I'm not in to CUSA scheduling at all.

Reaction Score
I love the shedule. Some top OOC teams arriving, a good mix of Home conference foes and really good venues to visit on the road. Memphis, NO, are you kidding me? I can't wait to make reservations. I'm psyched. If this was the schedule and Coach P were still here I'd feel much differently, but something feels right about where we are headed. It's a new day and I can't wait for the Spring Game.

Reaction Score
So we have 7 true home games plus Army in NYC? Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I love the shedule. Some top OOC teams arriving, a good mix of Home conference foes and really good venues to visit on the road. Memphis, NO, are you kidding me? I can't wait to make reservations. I'm psyched. If this was the schedule and Coach P were still here I'd feel much differently, but something feels right about where we are headed. It's a new day and I can't wait for the Spring Game.

Memphis is a great weekend trip. It's the central hub of American music. If you can play Memphis in a club on a Saturday night, you can play anywhere. It separates the wheat from the chaff. It's a place where the Beatles couldn't headline. It strips you away from your persona and makes your music speak for itself.

And there's some damn good food too.

Every music loving American should spend a month in Memphis. You will not leave the same as you entered.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Memphis is a great weekend trip. It's the central hub of American music. If you can play Memphis in a club on a Saturday night, you can play anywhere. It separates the wheat from the chaff. It's a place where the Beatles couldn't headline. It strips you away from your persona and makes your music speak for itself.

And there's some damn good food too.

Every music loving American should spend a month in Memphis. You will not leave the same as you entered.
I am hoping that game lines up well for a long weekend there… I am also thinking of a trip to London to see Sio in late September. I hope all these trips are doable!

I need that actual schedule!!

Reaction Score
Hmmmmm.....

FBSchedules8:34pm via TweetDeck
BYU at UConn moved to Friday, Aug. 29 on ESPN. Was previously announced as Thurs., Aug. 28.

gregwrubell8:34pm via Web
BYU football season-opener at UConn moved from Thu 8/28 to Fri 8/29, as announced by AD Tom Holmoe on @byutvsports. Change made by ESPN.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/022414aaa.html

>>STORRS, Conn. (February 24, 2014) The University of Connecticut football team will kick off its 2014 season before an ESPN national television audience on Friday, August 29 against BYU at Rentschler Field. Kickoff time will be 8:00 p.m.

The announcement reflects a date change for the game as it was originally scheduled to be played on Thursday, August 28.

“It is a great honor to be selected by ESPN to be the Friday night national game to begin the 2014 college football season,” said UConn head coach Bob Diaco. “The matchup between two nationally-recognized teams with UConn vs. BYU will provide an electric game day atmosphere at Rentschler Field. The excitement created with our new UConn team and fan experience will prove to make August 29th an unforgettable night at The Rent!”<<

Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/022414aaa.html

>>STORRS, Conn. (February 24, 2014) The University of Connecticut football team will kick off its 2014 season before an ESPN national television audience on Friday, August 29 against BYU at Rentschler Field. Kickoff time will be 8:00 p.m.

The announcement reflects a date change for the game as it was originally scheduled to be played on Thursday, August 28.

“It is a great honor to be selected by ESPN to be the Friday night national game to begin the 2014 college football season,” said UConn head coach Bob Diaco. “The matchup between two nationally-recognized teams with UConn vs. BYU will provide an electric game day atmosphere at Rentschler Field. The excitement created with our new UConn team and fan experience will prove to make August 29th an unforgettable night at The Rent!”<<

FHCRE would have made a negative quote about playing on Friday, but coach BD just rolls with it.

Reaction Score
The problem with the conference is that there isn't anybody there that you really care about. Memphis? Tulane? SMU? It isn't like playing Syracuse Pitt and even Rutgers...You had a sense of connection with those teams and even a little history with some, though not much football history from UConn's perspective. East Carolina? Not so much.

Reaction Score
The problem with the conference is that there isn't anybody there that you really care about. Memphis? Tulane? SMU? It isn't like playing Syracuse Pitt and even Rutgers...You had a sense of connection with those teams and even a little history with some, though not much football history from UConn's perspective. East Carolina? Not so much.

Nailed it. It's a Conference USA schedule. I'll go. I'll have fun. But pardon me if I stiffle a yawn when thinking about the opponents (even if they do happen to be decent like UCF).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom