2014 Home/Away Schedule | The Boneyard

2014 Home/Away Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone is bound to start a new thread so...

UConnFootball5:03pm via Web
UConn's home @American_FB games in 2014 will be vs. @GoBEARCATS@UCF_Football @Temple_FB@SMU_Football Dates TBA #bleedblue

Cincy, UCF, Temple and SMU

UConnFootball5:04pm via Web
UConn's away @American_FB games in 2014 will be vs. @EastCarolina @GreenWaveFB@USFAthletics @TigersAthletics Dates TBA#bleedblue

ECU, Tulane, USF, Memphis

UConnFootball5:05pm via Web
UConn will not play @TulsaHurricane@UHCougarSports #bleedblue

AAC suppose to announce schedules on 3/6

Reaction Score
I won't say our 2014 schedule is easy, but it is much easier than last year. Our two toughest games (on paper) are at home. All 4 road games are winnable if the team is playing well. We catch a huge break not playing Houston.

Great travel locations, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis and driving distance to North Carolina.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2014.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
4 road wins should be the goal. 2-2 at home and 2-2 OOC. 8-4, go get some. Beat BYU, BSU, UCF, or Cincy and that makes 9. Let's light this candle.

Reaction Score
Someone is bound to start a new thread so...

UConn's home @American_FB games in 2014 will be vs. @GoBEARCATS@UCF_Football @Temple_FB@SMU_Football Dates TBA #bleedblue

UConn's away @American_FB games in 2014 will be vs. @EastCarolina @GreenWaveFB@USFAthletics @TigersAthletics Dates TBA#bleedblue

UConnFootball5:05pm via Web
UConn will not play @TulsaHurricane@UHCougarSports #bleedblue

AAC suppose to announce schedules on 3/6
I have no idea how to read this. says home then @. is it home or at? green wave? huh? I appreciate you putting this out, but man I think im behind the curve with all this @# stuff

Reaction Score
4 road wins should be the goal. 2-2 at home and 2-2 OOC. 8-4, go get some. Beat BYU, BSU, UCF, or Cincy and that makes 9. Let's light this candle.
Our goal should be win to win them all, as a fan why would you voice out an opnion of hey we just want a winning season. No we want the best season! I want the team I root for to have each player perform the best they can in their position with consistent effort every single down. If you shoot for 8-4 you wind up 5-7...shoot for 5-7 and you get 3-9!!! Next year after our first game it will be imperative to be 1-0. Why? That first win was so elusive for the Huskies this year. Lets go and take it!!!

Reaction Score
I have no idea how to read this. says home then @. is it home or at? green wave? huh? I appreciate you putting this out, but man I think im behind the curve with all this @# stuff
Green Wave is Tulane...

That other stuff (@ and #)are twitter markers... @UCF_Football for example is the twitter handle for UCF Football.

I never got into twitter so I can't shed light on the # marker.

Reaction Score
hope there's no game on Sept 20th, for you race fans that's the finale of the Trans Am season up at Lime Rock Park. Other than that, I'm ready to rock.

Reaction Score

Geez and I even tried to dumb it down by spelling the teams out below the tweets (red)...:p

Study away - http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/understanding-twitter-basics0.html

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Strange we are missing Houston two years in a row.

Reaction Score
Strange we are missing Houston two years in a row.

Was thinking the same thing. Probably just worked out that way with RU & UofL bolting and ECU & Tulane entering mixed into the equation.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Stray_Dog said:
Our goal should be win to win them all, as a fan why would you voice out an opnion of hey we just want a winning season. No we want the best season! I want the team I root for to have each player perform the best they can in their position with consistent effort every single down. If you shoot for 8-4 you wind up 5-7...shoot for 5-7 and you get 3-9!!! Next year after our first game it will be imperative to be 1-0. Why? That first win was so elusive for the Huskies this year. Lets go and take it!!!

By goal, I meant floor, minimum, bar, threshold. Point being, this is as weak a schedule as we've seen since joining the BE full time. We simply need to not suck to get to 8. But, just like last year, all 12 are winnable.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
By goal, I meant floor, minimum, bar, threshold. Point being, this is as weak a schedule as we've seen since joining the BE full time. We simply need to not suck to get to 8. But, just like last year, all 12 are winnable.

Rather than weak, I'd like to think of it as 'strange, mystifying and ultimately intriguing.' Yes, time to take a glass 1/2 full POV.

Reaction Score
Rather than weak, I'd like to think of it as 'strange, mystifying and ultimately intriguing.' Yes, time to take a glass 1/2 full POV.

It looks like a ConferenceUSA schedule in drag. Not that there's anything wrong with that if you're into that type of thing.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It looks like a ConferenceUSA schedule in drag. Not that there's anything wrong with that if you're into that type of thing.

You don't have a choice.

Silver Lining: There is an opportunity to start consistently delivering 8 win or better seasons and moreover, to become a real Boise St.....the exciting dark horse team.

Reaction Score

This is a weak schedule?

This kills me every year. THe pundits come out to make predictions. First off, there is no such thing as a weak schedule in division 1. The question is whether or not you match up with your competition on your schedule.

So - second what do BYU, Boise St, UCF, ECU, Cincy, and Tulane all have in common that we don't?

They went to bowl games in 2013. I'm glad we don't have Houston on the schedule, because we'd be playing 7 programs that went to bowls in 2013, rather than 6.

You win games, in one way only - one at a time.

BYU is first. I want to go 1-0.

I hope the schedule shakes out that UCF and SMU at home, are in the second half of November, or first weekend December.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is a weak schedule?

This kills me every year. THe pundits come out to make predictions. First off, there is no such thing as a weak schedule in division 1. The question is whether or not you match up with your competition on your schedule.

So - second what do BYU, Boise St, UCF, ECU, Cincy, and Tulane all have in common that we don't?

They went to bowl games in 2013. I'm glad we don't have Houston on the schedule, because we'd be playing 7 programs that went to bowls in 2013, rather than 6.

You win games, in one way only - one at a time.

BYU is first. I want to go 1-0.

I hope the schedule shakes out that UCF and SMU at home, are in the second half of November, or first weekend December.

Agreed. Especially with the last line about getting UCF/SMU up here in a cold, windy (hopefully snowing) Rent! I was upset when last year's schedule came out with USF coming up in early October.

Reaction Score
Was thinking the same thing. Probably just worked out that way with RU & UofL bolting and ECU & Tulane entering mixed into the equation.
I wasn't that surprised. We played at SMU last year. Play them here in 14. We'll probably move on to Houston in 2015. We're most likely playing home-home series with them. My guess is that Temple, Cincinnati, USF will be regular opponents. SMU, Houston, Tulsa will alternate on some kind of home-home series. Central Florida, East Carolina, Navy when they come aboard I don't really know.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I won't say our 2014 schedule is easy, but it is much easier than last year. Our two toughest games (on paper) are at home. All 4 road games are winnable if the team is playing well. We catch a huge break not playing Houston.

Great travel locations, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis and driving distance to North Carolina.

I agree...being in Atlanta, I look for good away games...New Orleans and Tampa are nice trips to take. I am sure East Carolina may be just as close..but...not quite the allure of the other two.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
In this league, against these teams, middling around is not why we moved up to D-1. If we must reside in this league then dominating it is a must.

Reaction Score
hope there's no game on Sept 20th, for you race fans that's the finale of the Trans Am season up at Lime Rock Park. Other than that, I'm ready to rock.

Funny because hoops fans laughed me off the board for mentioning our game at Gampel opposite the Daytona 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom