2014 AHA Playoffs | The Boneyard

2014 AHA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn is going to need to be able to score goals next week in order to survive the quarterfinals. Robert Morris is the second highest scoring team in the conference this season and just put up an 8 spot on Army. Yes, I know Army is not the greatest team in the world but UConn lost to them a couple weeks ago and the next night managed to squeak out a 3-1 win, with the third goal being an empty net. One thing going in UConn's favor is defense and goaltending. UConn is not going to scare anyone with their offense but if their defense is up to the challenge it is possible to find a way past Robert Morris. UConn allowed 30 goals less than Robert Morris while Robert Morris outscored UConn by 30 goals this season. It will be an interesting contrast of styles and interesting to see which team can make the other play their type of game. In addition, it will be interesting to see who is between the pipes on Friday night for the Huskies. I believe the series will go the full 3 games. It is really a toss up.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-jacobs-column-0308-20140307,0,3440012.column

Reaction Score
Did Jacobs really compare the HE to the ACC? At the same time, BC can't win in the ACC.

Reaction Score
The comparison makes sense because ACC is the best basketball conference and the Hockey East is the best hockey conference. I just do not know how he knows UConn will be playing BC for UConn's first Hockey East game when the schedules have not been released yet.

Reaction Score
The comparison makes sense because ACC is the best basketball conference and the Hockey East is the best hockey conference. I just do not know how he knows UConn will be playing BC for UConn's first Hockey East game when the schedules have not been released yet.
We'll find out if he's right! That would be a tough initiation into the HE.

Reaction Score
UConn is going to need to be able to score goals next week in order to survive the quarterfinals. Robert Morris is the second highest scoring team in the conference this season and just put up an 8 spot on Army. Yes, I know Army is not the greatest team in the world but UConn lost to them a couple weeks ago and the next night managed to squeak out a 3-1 win, with the third goal being an empty net. One thing going in UConn's favor is defense and goaltending. UConn is not going to scare anyone with their offense but if their defense is up to the challenge it is possible to find a way past Robert Morris. UConn allowed 30 goals less than Robert Morris while Robert Morris outscored UConn by 30 goals this season. It will be an interesting contrast of styles and interesting to see which team can make the other play their type of game. In addition, it will be interesting to see who is between the pipes on Friday night for the Huskies. I believe the series will go the full 3 games. It is really a toss up.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-jacobs-column-0308-20140307,0,3440012.column

We'll find out if he's right! That would be a tough initiation into the HE.
I believe he is correct Uconn will open up next year at the XL Center vs BC to start their HE season. From what i can gather Joe Bertagna (HE Commissionor), Governor Molloy and Warde Manuel all agreed it would a great way to introduce Uconn into Hockey East (personally i agree with them). I wouldnt be to worried from a competition standpoint because UConn will be a totally different team next year with (2) new goalies, (3) new defenseman and (5-6) new forwards being added to the roster who where recruited for HE competition. Go Huskies !!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No upsets in the first round.

Second round:

8. Holy Cross at 1. Mercyhurst

7. Canisius at 2. Bentley

6. Niagara at 3. Air Force

5. Robert Morris at 4. UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online