2014-2015 Starting Lineup | The Boneyard

2014-2015 Starting Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously Boatright, Brimah and Purvis are locks but really the other 3 positions are up for grabs. Obviously we all have not personally been in workouts and seen has progressed however I'd like to hear peoples thoughts. I personally could see a banger like Lubin coming in stealing a spot from a Phil Nolan. If I had to guess who i would see start on opening night, my best guess would be Boat, Purvis, Hamilton/Calhoun? Nolan (experience wise) and Brimah

Reaction Score
I don't think KO would start a freshman off the bat so I'll go with Boatright, Brimah, Nolan, Purvis and Calhoun. TSam first off the bench.

Reaction Score
Start of the year:
Boat
Purvis
Calhoun
Facey
Brimah

Midyear:
Boat
Purvis
Hamilton
Facey
Brimah

I guess it's possible Phil starts at the 4 but I'm assuming Facey for now.

Reaction Score
Start of the year:
Boat
Purvis
Calhoun
Facey
Brimah

Midyear:
Boat
Purvis
Hamilton
Facey
Brimah

I guess it's possible Phil starts at the 4 but I'm assuming Facey for now.

I'll go with this as well.

There is no way Ollie starts both Nolan and Brimah until they prove they can stay out of foul trouble. He doesn't even have Olander's 5 fouls as insurance.

Reaction Score
I see Hamilton and Calhoun fighting for the 'quasi' 3 spot, and perhaps T-Sam. Facey and Nolan will fight for the 4 spot. Brimah will be the Center. Purvis and Boat starting guards.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Obviously Boatright, Brimah and Purvis are locks but really the other 3 positions are up for grabs. Obviously we all have not personally been in workouts and seen has progressed however I'd like to hear peoples thoughts. I personally could see a banger like Lubin coming in stealing a spot from a Phil Nolan. If I had to guess who i would see start on opening night, my best guess would be Boat, Purvis, Hamilton/Calhoun? Nolan (experience wise) and Brimah
Why is it obvious Brimah is a lock? It's not.

Reaction Score
People think Calhoun should start ? Give him 5-7 mpg and see how he fares . This isn't about loyalty either , hamilton didn't come to storrs to back up omar Calhoun .

Reaction Score
People think Calhoun should start ? Give him 5-7 mpg and see how he fares . This isn't about loyalty either , hamilton didn't come to storrs to back up omar Calhoun .
Starting doesn't mean he'll play big minutes. Olander started the NC game in 2011 and played 7 minutes. I think there's a good chance he gets a shot in the starting lineup for the exhibition games and maybe the first few cupcakes based on experience and to see how he looks.

Reaction Score
I think we forget how good Calhoun can be and this team needs outside scoring. He gets the start with a shortish leash. Omar won't be fighting with Samuels for minutes because they bring different things. Cassel is a different story and may be the surprise of the team. He could seriously cut into Samuel's minutes.

Reaction Score
Boat
Purvis
Omar
Facey
Nolan

Nolan starts but will share the 5 spot with Brimah. If they don't foul much you may see them together later in games.

Reaction Score
Everyone keeps saying "why would you think Calhoun would start over Hamilton?" Why do any of you think Hamilton will start over Calhoun? None of you have ever seen Hamilton play a college game. Calhoun is going to start the first game. I would put money on it.

Boatright
Purvis
Calhoun
Nolan
Brimah
..Again this is just to start the year. Perhaps Hamilton takes over for Omar, who knows. And I'm sure the two big men lineup won't last all year.

Reaction Score
Dudes coming off a season where he was clearly our worst offensive and defensive player , now you guys want him gettin 25 mpg lmao. This is a new roster with different personelle than 2012-13. Calhoun was also pretty one dimensional that season , always thought Giff deserves more of the pie. Probably why Giff worked his butt off in Germany and took a leap .

Reaction Score
Hamilton is better than freshman Calhoun and current Calhoun is worst than freshman Calhoun. Lets not have another OC bashing thread, but it seems like baiting to claim him a starter. He needs to earn trust with spot minutes off the bench .
How do you know current Calhoun is worse than freshman Calhoun? I'll give you last season he was worse than freshman year but he is fully healthy now, he was able to work all off season unlike last year. You say let's not have an OC bashing thread and the you bash him. WTF?

Reaction Score
Dudes coming off a season where he was clearly our worst offensive and defensive player , now you guys want him gettin 25 mpg lmao. This is a new roster with different personelle than 2012-13. Calhoun was also pretty one dimensional that season , always thought Giff deserves more of the pie. Probably why Giff worked his butt off in Germany and took a leap .

Your posts are consistently weird. Where has anyone in this thread said anything about 25 minutes a game? And why would a rational person think that last year - coming off double hip surgeries - was anything other than an anomaly? You think that what we saw out of Omar last year reflects what he is as a player and what he'll be for his career?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Omar Comin. Confidence is a funny thing. Omar's issues last year were as much mental as they were physical. There's no reason to believe Sophomore Omar is more likely next season then Freshman omar+. He gets a clean slate this year. Ollie isn't going to compliment him in the press in the offseason for his mentality and approach and then not give him the traditional first right to earn the minutes that comes with being a vet in the program who knows the system.

Don't forget Omar was also a top 25 kid out of highschool.

Omar Calhoun is the King of NYC basketball.

Reaction Score
Almost positive Calhoun will start. Ollie has praised him ever since he's been there and will hope to get him back to reaching his potential as a junior. Remember that one of the biggest things Calhoun struggles with is confidence. If Ollie wants Omar to be the player he's capable of being, there's no way he starts a freshman over him as a junior. If that happens it's right back to square one with Omar. As other people said, this doesn't mean Hamilton won't start down the road or get some more minutes here and there.

Reaction Score
Dudes coming off a season where he was clearly our worst offensive and defensive player

He's coming off a season where he started out lightyears behind his teammates due to the surgeries and then proceeded to have additional nagging injuries (including a concussion) as the season went on.

The only way he plays "5-7 minutes per game" is if he has a repeat performance of last year, which I don't think anybody besides you expects.

Reaction Score
Boat
Purvis
Omar
Facey
Nolan

Nolan starts but will share the 5 spot with Brimah. If they don't foul much you may see them together later in games.

I'd be shocked if Brimah isn't starting... Nolan's a glue guy, but he can be just as effective coming off the bench in his role... Brimah should be good enough to start from day one...

Reaction Score
Your posts are consistently weird. Where has anyone in this thread said anything about 25 minutes a game? And why would a rational person think that last year - coming off double hip surgeries - was anything other than an anomaly? You think that what we saw out of Omar last year reflects what he is as a player and what he'll be for his career?
"you think that what we saw out of Omar last year reflects what he is as a player?" yes. yes i do. don't you think its a bit of a leap to say it was an anomaly, when he showed no upward trend as the year wore on? Thats usually the case with somebody rehabbing/getting back a feel. Youre right nobody said 25 mpg, but i just think he needs training wheels still. Dont get how people have to confidence to say "start him" over hamilton though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom