2014-2015 Season Chronicle. "Chapter 1: The Emergence of. . . | The Boneyard

2014-2015 Season Chronicle. "Chapter 1: The Emergence of. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . Kia Nurse and the Resurgence of Morgan Tuck."

If an ambitious and enterprising author were to write a book about the 2014-2015 wcbb season, the first batch of games (first six) have been highlighted by Kia taking what appears to be a career stanglehold on her starting position as a UConn guard and the all-star assertiveness of Morgan Tuck at both ends of the court (and in those little huddles). I'll welcome a talented author to do the prose but, for fun, I'll try to provide chapter headings as the season unfolds.

Reaction Score
Great idea. This is a very exciting team to watch. Kia Nurse has surpassed our expectations so far and there are glimpses that Gabby will emerge as another star. Mix in Morgan taking a leadership role with Geno coaching as he always does and we are truly watching greatness. Of course we have Thunder (Kiah) and Lightning (MoJett) mixing with dagger shots from KML and Stewie.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Great idea. This is a very exciting team to watch. Kia Nurse has surpassed our expectations so far and there are glimpses that Gabby will emerge as another star. Mix in Morgan taking a leadership role with Geno coaching as he always does and we are truly watching greatness. Of course we have Thunder (Kiah) and Lightning (MoJett) mixing with dagger shots from KML and Stewie.

Thunder and Lightning. I like that. I have not been around lately; kudos to either you or whoever came up with that. Kibitzer, yes, you have a nice idea.

Reaction Score
it would appear as if the difference from last years team has turned into a trade of Kia and Morgan for Bria and Stef. Kiah and saniya appear headed to similar roles of last year. Assuming Stewie, KML and MoJeff up their game somewhat from last year, by March we should be in the same league as last years team.
While we will miss Stefs high post play, I suspect we will see more and more of Stewie in the high post and Morgan down low. With Stewie up top, it should also open up some driving lanes for Kia and KML. Should be a fascinating season as it all unfolds.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
it would appear as if the difference from last years team has turned into a trade of Kia and Morgan for Bria and Stef. Kiah and saniya appear headed to similar roles of last year. Assuming Stewie, KML and MoJeff up their game somewhat from last year, by March we should be in the same league as last years team.
While we will miss Stefs high post play, I suspect we will see more and more of Stewie in the high post and Morgan down low. With Stewie up top, it should also open up some driving lanes for Kia and KML. Should be a fascinating season as it all unfolds.

A very nice summation (bolded). I refuse to make player vs. player comparisons (Bria/Kia or Stef/Morgan) but I can easily suggest that the bench has been reinforced by Gabby joining Kiah and Saniya. The net effect? A likely plus IMO.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Thunder and Lightning. I like that. I have not been around lately; kudos to either you or whoever came up with that. Kibitzer, yes, you have a nice idea.

If Kiah is Thunder and MoJet is Lightning, it begs the question: Which two players represent Shock and Awe?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
This will be a fascinating team and season. Watching them develop as a team w/ there own team chemistry. I am not sure they have it in them to be quite the dominant team of last year? I would be surprised if they are not playing for the Nat. championship! :)

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
A very nice summation (bolded). I refuse to make player vs. player comparisons (Bria/Kia or Stef/Morgan) but I can easily suggest that the bench has been reinforced by Gabby joining Kiah and Saniya. The net effect? A likely plus IMO.
We definitely are weaker initially with our starting 5- the bench gives us great options. Without Steph, and until Butler can play next year, we cannot afford to have Stewie sitting for long periods in foul trouble. Keeping her on the floor is critical on both ends of ghetto court. Much more so than last year !

Reaction Score
If Kiah is Thunder and MoJet is Lightning, it begs the question: Which two players represent Shock and Awe?

With some of the amazing things she does I think Stewie is definitely Awe.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Agree that the potential is far from reached
But that just means that as the team adjusts
and develops its own unique chemistry and style of play
it will become more and more efficient.

I love the guard penetration to the hoop
A new dimension that Kia brings + the others…two biggies from Saniya last eve.

And Morgan…last night made all her bunnies (of which she gets a fistful every game)
Settling in.

I believe that the upside is greater yet than last year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I too believe that the upside may be greater than last year. But we need to stay healthy, work hard, and continue to improve.

I was concerned about injury and rust, so I hedged on what I said about Morgan. Now I'll say it more directly: in my opinion, she's one of the best players in the country. Plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom