2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 45 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You wouldn't have flipped Boyle if Addazio didn't tell him he should think about other options because he wasn't a fit but that's another argument. The 2013 was close to full when he got there and he honored all the commitments. It wasn't like he had the opportunity to come in and bring in a bunch of kids. Never mind the fact it was so late in the game and half the time he's been on the job has been a dead period. If early indications for the 2014 class are any indication were going to have a very good class especially in the NE.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You wouldn't have flipped Boyle if Addazio didn't tell him he should think about other options because he wasn't a fit but that's another argument. The 2013 was close to full when he got there and he honored all the commitments. It wasn't like he had the opportunity to come in and bring in a bunch of kids. Never mind the fact it was so late in the game and half the time he's been on the job has been a dead period. If early indications for the 2014 class are any indication were going to have a very good class especially in the NE.

Is that your story for Jasudowich too? Just wondering....

Reaction Score
No Jazz left on his own but Boyle has openly said that was the case I don't know why you would argue that.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
No Jazz left on his own but Boyle has openly said that was the case I don't know why you would argue that.

What I'm arguing is that PP was able to flip two former BC players to come to UConn. There is nothing else to argue, because it's true (assuming they both sign LOI's). As for Boyle, keep in mind that he had scholly offers from other places as well, including Florida, so it's not like there wasn't some convincing to do on PP's part. He did the job....that is all....

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

I have some more info than most on his situation and will tell you that UConn was there much more the past couple of months.

Reaction Score
What I'm arguing is that PP was able to flip two former BC players to come to UConn. There is nothing else to argue, because it's true (assuming they both sign LOI's). As for Boyle, keep in mind that he had scholly offers from other places as well, including Florida, so it's not like there wasn't some convincing to do on PP's part. He did the job....that is all....
I don't dispute that obviously he did flip and it is what it is I'm just saying if we brought in a pro style guy he's not going anywhere. Regardless it doesn't matter. You have Boyle as your starter and we clear the path more for Lowrie win win IMO. It's good for both teams.

Reaction Score
No on Adazzio.

You can't compare a coach who was brought in in mid-December with someone like P who has been at UConn 24 months. None of P's critics blamed him for the class he closed on four weeks after getting to Storrs. Adazzio deserves the same chance to show what he can or can't do in Chestnut Hill. Hopefully, he'll fail miserably but the last two months are simply not evidence of that.

Nobody "blamed" P for the class he closed with because he closed very well with significantly less time than Adazzio. P was away from college football for a lengthy period, but hit the ground running with recruiting. If you remember correctly, P got commits form Ashiru (3 other BCS offers) and Hemmingway (4 other BCS offers). He also filled out the class with Campenni who was a bit of a flyer at DT. He also only lost 1 player after the Edsall departure and that was Amos to Penn St. Amos may have made that move even if Edsall stayed as PSU was a favorite of his. Pasqualoni was hired on January 14 and Addazio was hired on December 4. A huge time difference for recruiting.

On the other hand, Adazzio who was a college HC and supposedly had lots of recruiting connections has shot lots of blanks with his closure of the 2013 class. The talk of BC having a full class because Adazzio was honoring all the commits seems to be BS when in fact BC has had at least 4 players decommit and one commit since his hiring. Simple math that BC is minus 3 on players since his arrival. BC lost 4 players with other BCS offers and replaced one with a kid with MAC offers, they have only 5 commits on the offensive side of the ball with 2 QBs, 2WRs and a RB. No Olineman at Olineman U, unless the force Montgomery to the other side of the ball.

Reaction Score
Nobody "blamed" P for the class he closed with because he closed very well with significantly less time than Adazzio. P was away from college football for a lengthy period, but hit the ground running with recruiting. If you remember correctly, P got commits form Ashiru (3 other BCS offers) and Hemmingway (4 other BCS offers). He also filled out the class with Campenni who was a bit of a flyer at DT. He also only lost 1 player after the Edsall departure and that was Amos to Penn St. Amos may have made that move even if Edsall stayed as PSU was a favorite of his.

On the other hand, Adazzio who was a college HC and supposedly had lots of recruiting connections has shot lots of blanks with his closure of the 2013 class. The talk of BC having a full class because Adazzio was honoring all the commits seems to be BS when in fact BC has had at least 4 players decommit and one commit since his hiring. Simple math that BC is minus 3 on players since his arrival. BC lost 4 players with other BCS offers and replaced one with a kid with MAC offers, they have only 5 commits on the offensive side of the ball with 2 QBs, 2WRs and a RB. No Olineman at Olineman U, unless the force Montgomery to the other side of the ball.

You've convinced me. I hope every AD is smart enough to judge their coach's recruiting by the few weeks from when they take it over, and not be so stupid as to wait for even one full recruting cycle. That would just be outrageous and putting off the inevitable.

Reaction Score
You've convinced me. I hope every AD is smart enough to judge their coach's recruiting by the few weeks from when they take it over, and not be so stupid as to wait for even one full recruting cycle. That would just be outrageous and putting off the inevitable.

I wasn't trying to convince anybody of anything, just pointing out the facts as they stand now. If P came in in 2011 and promptly lost 4 of the top recruits there wouldn't have been very many happy people on this board. Given that Adazzio was one of the top HC candidates for many on this board and also for the beloved Mr. Burton, I thought it was an interesting comparison. Argeed that a 2 year HC has recruiting advantages, but it is not like Adazzio lost his recruiting contacts when he moved.

Reaction Score
I think BC made a great hire in Addazio who has a track record as a fantastic recruiter, from Syracuse, to Notre Dame, to Florida.

Reaction Score
Brad Hoiseth@BradHoiseth
AZ Western (JUCO) OT Jaylen Hunter told me moments ago he was choosing FIU over UConn, NC State, Syracuse, Washington State and 15 others.

Cold weather phobic...

Reaction Score
No signing today for Richard Lagow but it has nothing to do with another school. Started running a fever last night and is at 103.2 and headed to the doctor and will not get to have his signing ceremony at his school. They are rescheduling for Friday. Coach to be notified.

Reaction Score
He's been tweeting all morning. And reported he just heard his name on ESPN. Get well Richard.

Reaction Score
You work for years to a signing day and he came home from the basketball game and said he felt bad. I knew it was bad because he never gets sick. Not sure how to notify the coach because we were told that the NCAA did not allow contact for two more days. This whole process, and the confusion it presents to the athletes and their family, can not be properly described on this board without being banned due to the language that would be required.

Reaction Score
You work for years to a signing day and he came home from the basketball game and said he felt bad. I knew it was bad because he never gets sick. Not sure how to notify the coach because we were told that the NCAA did not allow contact for two more days. This whole process, and the confusion it presents to the athletes and their family, can not be properly described on this board without being banned due to the language that would be required.

We're actually quite fond of swearing here in the Northeast.

Reaction Score
Only known cure for husky fever is to sign your LOI, and fax it in ASAP. well known fact round these parts. True story.

Reaction Score

Not to worry. The coaches have people read this board everyday. They know your entire situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom