2013 QB Christian Hackenberg (FUMA) | The Boneyard

2013 QB Christian Hackenberg (FUMA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Apparently, UConn has offered.

Per his tweet : "UConn threw out that offer today. #Blessed", From Dec 23rd.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
good find!

i'm happy were willing to try to get in on these guys.

Reaction Score
Of the schools on his list, who else besides UConn has a starting QB in the NFL?

Reaction Score
Anyone in Section 241 concerned that this is evidence that Uconn has no effective long term recruiting plan as it is now thinks it can go up against Alabama for recruits; I mean, how dumb is that! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Anyone in Section 241 concerned that this is evidence that Uconn has no effective long term recruiting plan as it is now thinks it can go up against Alabama for recruits; I mean, how dumb is that! :rolleyes:

You have nothing better to do with your life than this?

Thank you for your interest in UCOnn football.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we beat out auburn and south cary for a recruit this year(jordan armstrong). bama is next as far as i'm concerned.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
To add to calamitys post, guys who are injured but are normally starters: Tennessee has Manning and Virginia, Matt Schaub

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Of course we can beat out the big boys for certain players. They offer kids that will probably serve as nothing more than depth and won't play until they are juniors or seniors. We can win those recruiting battles by promising that they could probably play from day one. We lose kids to non-BCS schools because they would rather play for 4 years there than 2 years here. The argument that it's not easy to beat schools like Auburn and Alabama for recruits applies more to top 150 kids.

Reaction Score
You have nothing better to do with your life than this?

Thank you for your interest in UCOnn football.

Are you the official "Thank you for your interest in UCOnn football" guy? Glad you have time to do this in between worring about coach P's age and what the odds are that JMc wasn't the best QB on the 2011 team.
Not sure if it was you, but someone in Section 241 was concerned about having a long term "realistic" recruiting plan which shouldn't over reach by going after LSU type players (think Alabama recruits could be considered "LSU type"). If it was you, then thanks for your informative response, if not, why respond?

Reaction Score
We'll mix it up with the likes of Bama, LSU, and Auburn on occasion. But it would be foolhardy and idiotic to go up against them on a regular basis. We only have so much in our recruiting budget. We should be recruiting against our fellow league schools, ACC schools, PSU, Iowa, schools like that. Need to start winning more of those battles than we did in the past. P has a different style than our last coach. I'm not confident that he'll win with the level of recruiting we had for the last decade.

Reaction Score
Heard from 2 people connected with the UCONN Athletics at holiday parties that a significant upgrade of the quarterback position is priority #1 for the current coaching staff. When I asked about the starting job next year, I got the same answer from both guys...there needs to be a much higher level of competition at that position for next season. That was the motivation behind bringing in a JUCO to compete for the starting job next year. No way, for what its worth, will Cochran be in the mix for 2012. He'll be redshirted. Sounds like they decided they need to keep the pressure on in trying to land a highly ranked guy in 2013, too. I asked if any of the current quarterbacks had a chance to be under center come the opener and got the same answer. Coach thinks there needs to be a much higher level of competiton at the position next season.

Reaction Score
Why not offer? I don't know Bama's depth chart now. I do know we win 2-3 more games this year even with a QB as good as Hernandez was. That would be a Bowl Game. QB's mean everything in High School, College -Pro's. I think my NY Jets win 3-4 more games with Bree's-Brady-Rodgers. I don't understand why UConn can't get one since Dan O?

Reaction Score
Heard from 2 people connected with the UCONN Athletics at holiday parties that a significant upgrade of the quarterback position is priority #1 for the current coaching staff. When I asked about the starting job next year, I got the same answer from both guys...there needs to be a much higher level of competition at that position for next season. That was the motivation behind bringing in a JUCO to compete for the starting job next year. No way, for what its worth, will Cochran be in the mix for 2012. He'll be redshirted. Sounds like they decided they need to keep the pressure on in trying to land a highly ranked guy in 2013, too. I asked if any of the current quarterbacks had a chance to be under center come the opener and got the same answer. Coach thinks there needs to be a much higher level of competiton at the position next season.

This is shocking news. Shocking I tell you. :)

This has been the case for 6 years now. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Nebrich can do with a year under his belt. He had the wide eyed deer in the headlights kind of look to me in the Cincy game when his number finally got called. He had the confidence early on in the season, but not the grip on the game.

Totally expected from a freshman coming in and going through what he did. But you've got to learn, and move past that, so when your number gets called next time, you got ice water in your veins.

Reaction Score
Just because someone has an offer now does not mean that they will have it next year.....there are such things as verbal and written offers

The SEC schools like Alabama throw out tons of verbal offers to generate interest and start the recruiting process, however, when the time comes to give a written to the athelete it doesn't always come

It is really terrible because some of these kids think they have an offer from Alabama, but it is just a verbal offer and they don't ever get the written offer then they go to commit to the school and find out they never got the written offer.....let the process play out, we'll see who he gets the written offers from

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just because someone has an offer now does not mean that they will have it next year.....there are such things as verbal and written offers

The SEC schools like Alabama throw out tons of verbal offers to generate interest and start the recruiting process, however, when the time comes to give a written to the athelete it doesn't always come

It is really terrible because some of these kids think they have an offer from Alabama, but it is just a verbal offer and they don't ever get the written offer then they go to commit to the school and find out they never got the written offer.....let the process play out, we'll see who he gets the written offers from

Thanks for the info.

Maybe this is what the BCU trolls were referring to when they mentioned, committable and non-committable offers?:)

Reaction Score
Recruiting is a messy business, for any sport. Reputation is all you got to go on. Nothing is final regarding a scholarship offer until the official NLI registered with the NCAA is signed by both parties.

Reaction Score

Even though have watched the "offer/verbal" comments for years, never really thought well "when is an offer an official offer and what form must it take"? Do you know the specifics of "offering". Must it be in writing, how early can it be done, if made in writing can it be "unoffered" by the school before the player signs, do most schools only verbally tell players up to xxx date and then send out a written "binding" offer? Does only BCU have committable and non-commitable offers?

Reaction Score
As far as I know, there is no standard procedure in recruiting. All there is are guidelines as to what types of contacts are appropriate and allowed, vs. what is not, and time frames/periods during the calendar years specified as to when you can have those types of contact.

Establishing standard procedures is something Edsall actually fought for pretty adamantly with the powers that be.

But - to my knowledge, how you get from initial contact with a recruit, to a signed NLI is entirely up to the people and institution doing the recruiting, and nothing is binding aside from that signed NLI by all parties.

A commitable, vs. a non-commitable offer? That's pretty funny stuff though.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info.

Maybe this is what the BCU trolls were referring to when they mentioned, committable and non-committable offers?:)

not sure we'll ever know what the BCU trolls are talking about

Reaction Score
http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1091083

I think this provides some insight into the situation....still trying to find the official NCAA rule though

Good article. haven't seen that one before.

As I said before. Recruiting is a messy business. Until that NLI is signed, all you've got is your reputation to work with in recruiting.

If you're recruiting athletes and what you say, doesn't match up with what you do, you're going to get a reputation you don't want really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom