2013 NNBE predictons | The Boneyard

2013 NNBE predictons

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
1) Houston goes to the MWC leaving SMU behind.
2) Navy opts out and signs a deal with CBS and major independents
3) Tulsa is added
4) Aresco successfully lobbies for a 10-team conference championship game dependent on playing 9-conference games as does the Big-12.
5) A six-year contract is signed to hold the NNBE Championship game in all sports in Oklahoma.
6) Aresco proposes a higher 12-year GOR penalty of $25 millon. It passes 8-2 with UConn and Cincy objecting.

UConn's 2015 schedule:

@Western Michigan
Florida International
Buffalo
@Tulane
SMU
UCF
@USF
@Temple
Memphis
Cincy
@ECU
@Tulsa

Reaction Score
not even close...

Big 12 doesn't get the conference championship and then invites FSU and UofL... UofL declines so Cincy is invited instead.

ACC considers USF and Uconn for what is considered the final spot. ACC chooses USF for it's location and recruiting edge.
Seeing the writing on the wall, Temple and Memphis drop FB and join the C7.

substitute Umass, So Miss, Ark St, and Florida Atlantic for cincy, temple, memphis, and USF.

go bring your sunshine somewhere else.

Reaction Score
1) Houston goes to the MWC leaving SMU behind.
2) Navy opts out and signs a deal with CBS and major independents
3) Tulsa is added
4) Aresco successfully lobbies for a 10-team conference championship game dependent on playing 9-conference games as does the Big-12.
5) A six-year contract is signed to hold the NNBE Championship game in all sports in Oklahoma.
6) Aresco proposes a higher 12-year GOR penalty of $25 millon. It passes 8-2 with UConn and Cincy objecting.

UConn's 2015 schedule:

@Western Michigan
Florida International
Buffalo
@Tulane
SMU
UCF
@USF
@Temple
Memphis
Cincy
@ECU
@Tulsa
In case you didn't know, UConn is already booked to play the University of Tennessee in 2015 so you need to make at least one adjustment to your list.

Reaction Score
In case you didn't know, UConn is already booked to play the University of Tennessee in 2015 so you need to make at least one adjustment to your list.
oh, and one more thing... TN decides to play Central CT instead so they buy out Uconn and bring Central to Rocky Top.

Reaction Score
Your schedule is also missing a FCS opponent. Perhaps think of adding a home game with Fordham.

Reaction Score
I don't really get the mindset of turturing yourself and everybody else with these types of posts. It is what it is. Go to the games, see some new opponents, have a couple of beers and have a good time. Life's too short for this . Or don't go to the games and play softball or something on Sat. Anything has got to be better than wallowing in this crap.

....and it's by no means out of the realm of possibility that our conferense situation could be dramatically different by 2015....no guaranty, but it could......

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Houston leaving is possible, although they probably take SMU with them. I think it is more likely that Tulsa and UMass are just added because at $2MM per school the bogey to hit is pretty low, and a CCG at the home of the higher seed would get a decent rating and be worth enough to the networks to cover any dilution on the TV contract.

I think Navy will never play a game in the Big East. They could sign an independent TV deal with CBS that would be a multiple of what the Big East would pay them, and they could easily put together a better schedule than we could offer them. I suspect that losing SDSU was a big hit for Navy's interest in the Big East.

No school will sign a GOR given the low revenue from the conference and the fact that it looks like each school will have a lot of Tier 3 to play with. There is no point to signing a GOR for just 60% or 70% of a school's games.

Reaction Score
I predict that The Boneyard audience drops dramatically as it increasingly becomes a den for losers.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'll preface my following statement with the fact that I have no idea what any university will do at any point in time in conference realignment. But can someone explain to me why Houston would leave for the MW??? Based on everything I've read, their tv contract and bowl money is going to be absolute $#it for every member not named "Boise State". Houston's travel will be about the same in either conference (actually it might be easier in the Big East now). And oddly enough, even with a 2 million per team contract for the NBE, they won't be able to make more in any other non-BCS conference.

So am I missing something? Or are people just chucking crap for the sheer fun of chucking it?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I could see Houston leaving but doubt it.

I've never thought for a second Navy would play a Big East game. When they didn't join early they tipped their hand anyway.

If the Big 12 adds two... I'd guess Cincinnati and they will push BYU hard. The key is if they move first. If the Big 10 moves first they have more options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom