2012 Recruiting Scoop | The Boneyard

2012 Recruiting Scoop

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
good stuff. thanks Kenny. i know you have your pulse on recruits far more than we do. are you adjusting any of your predictions based on Pat's recent announcement?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Really good wrap-up, as always, from Kenny. He makes reference to Kentucky "coming down to the river card" with a few recruits last year. I have never heard this expression so it is new to me. What does it mean?

Reaction Score
Kibitzer,

It is a reference to Texas Hold 'em poker. The fifth and last card dealt is called "the River".

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Thank you. Now I know something new. And useful.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is setting up for some great UConn v. ND games over the next 5 years.

Reaction Score
Ont think Pats health will play much of a role in this class if they have a good year and she comes back the following year very little will change rioght away if any of those things vary you may see see some change ... Tennessee is still Tennessee

tigger

LSU Tigger
Reaction Score
Hey Kenny,

can you tell us names and schools for these visits, and the "Interested" or "on the list"?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting point that I noticed. Tennessee lost out on Maryland and Ariel Butts(6'3 Post) doesn't even have them on her list. Just today Alexis Prince, another potential recruit, is not visiting Knoxville. Interesting?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Interesting point that I noticed. Tennessee lost out on Maryland and Ariel Butts(6'3 Post) doesn't even have them on her list. Just today Alexis Prince, another potential recruit, is not visiting Knoxville. Interesting?
it's so hard to tell, as unlike UCONN, Tennessee (fans) lists about 10 kids they are still recruiting... but btw, i'm not sure who "Maryland" is.

Butts, Hollivay, Stafford, Adams, Butler, Ballard, Howard, Prince, and McDonald (this to go with the 3 recruits they already got). however, if i'm reading this correctly and from what i've read elsewhere, Butts, Howard and Prince all took them off their list? and Ballard verbaled to LSU. i hope Howard goes to ND.

if Stafford comes east, i'm guessing she'd go to UNC, but i think she ends up at USC. and i think Adams stays out west too. that mean all they have left is realistically is Hollivay, Butler and McDonald, altho their fans think they have a good shot at Adams. and their greatest need is for centers/posts, which Butler and McDonald are not. they are highly rated tho, as is Adams.

i think if one or two of the higher rated players verbal, it may signify that recruiting may not be that much of an issue the next year or two. obviously most UCONN fans hope they get basically no one. and i'm just speculating. i have no idea really.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
the "list" of Tennessee's recruits was fanmade a long time ago. players like ballard, whiteside, bre mcdonald, and prince were just listed because of their proximity to the south. The only players that Tenn has actually recruited, been involved in, and not land are a. jones, butts, and howard. Any of the three would have been a welcome addition but their decisions to play elsewhere are in no way indicative of a decline in recruiting. The only players involved with Tenn at this point to my knowledge are jordan adams and rachel hollivay.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
the "list" of Tennessee's recruits was fanmade a long time ago. players like ballard, whiteside, bre mcdonald, and prince were just listed because of their proximity to the south. The only players that Tenn has actually recruited, been involved in, and not land are a. jones, butts, and howard. Any of the three would have been a welcome addition but their decisions to play elsewhere are in no way indicative of a decline in recruiting. The only players involved with Tenn at this point to my knowledge are jordan adams and rachel hollivay.
ah thanks for the clarification. i don't quite follow Tennessee recruiting enough to know. it's probably similar to the UCONN fan lists where we have a bunch of kids we'd "like" to be recruiting but the reality is either the kids decide to go in a different direction, or Pat does. i think it will be close between Tennessee and Rutgers for Hollivay but i think Adams stays out west... just my $.02 based on what i've read, but i really have no clue...

tigger

LSU Tigger
Reaction Score

I am glad to see her finally saying something, and I'm extra glad she's finally coming to BR!!

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Ont think Pats health will play much of a role in this class if they have a good year and she comes back the following year very little will change rioght away if any of those things vary you may see see some change ... Tennessee is still Tennessee
Thanks for the updates...good stuff. I was extremely saddened to hear about Pat's disease and am unaware of the prognosis on her ability to perform in the near or longer term. I pray she'll coach for another decade. Pat built the Vols into a dynasty and the institution will indeed go on. However, TN will never be the same without her. She's the heart, soul and fabric of the program. It sounds nice and feels good to say "TN is still TN", but that would be wishful thinking IMO. The time worn cliche that "everyone's replaceable" is generally accurate. There are however a very special few that are the exceptions. Pat and Geno are not replaceable.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Thanks for the updates...good stuff. I was extremely saddened to hear about Pat's disease and am unaware of the prognosis on her ability to perform in the near or longer term. I pray she'll coach for another decade. Pat built the Vols into a dynasty and the institution will indeed go on. However, TN will never be the same without her. She's the heart, soul and fabric of the program. It sounds nice and feels good to say "TN is still TN", but that would be wishful thinking IMO. The time worn cliche that "everyone's replaceable" is generally accurate. There are however a very special few that are the exceptions. Pat and Geno are not replaceable.
If the illness follows its normal path even with positive outcomes from meds and other treatments it is not likely she will be able to coach that long. My guess would be that 3-5 years would be doing well as a contributor to the program.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
If the illness follows its normal path even with positive outcomes from meds and other treatments it is not likely she will be able to coach that long. My guess would be that 3-5 years would be doing well as a contributor to the program.
Thanks Icebear. It's an uncomfortable question to ask or answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom