2012 CT recruits playing in FL All-Star Game | The Boneyard

2012 CT recruits playing in FL All-Star Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The 3rd Annual Public vs Private Football All Star Game in Florida will feature a number of CT players. The most notable are Ansonia's (OL) Dylan Vano and Torrington's (RB) Brandon Lytton as well as players from public and private schools in the Waterbury area. The game will be played January 6th, 7:30pm at McArthur Stadium in Hollywood, FL.

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/blog/gridiron-report-blogs/blus-blog-public-vs-private-all-star-game

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssports/2011/12/public-vs-private-all-star-game-jan-6.html

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the fact that the out of state players were added was cool and those kids are from GA and CT. Thats a big boost to #CTFB! seems like this state is on a serious upward slant in hs fb.

Reaction Score
There are more kids from CT playing.
A WR from Wilby, a WR from Sacred Heart, an OL from Sacred Heart & a TE from Taft.
Any ideas how good these kids are and why CT has so many players playing in a FLA all-star game?

Reaction Score
Brandon Lytton isn't getting looked at by any fbs schools he has some interest from local FCS schools like ccsu and Monmouth. He said he may goto Milford or bridgton to do a prep yr and see what offers come from that. He's very similar to Montrell Dobbs.

Reaction Score
There are more kids from CT playing.
A WR from Wilby, a WR from Sacred Heart, an OL from Sacred Heart & a TE from Taft.
Any ideas how good these kids are and why CT has so many players playing in a FLA all-star game?

From what I understand, Chris Ortiz, the head coach at Kennedy High School in Waterbury is close friends with the organizer of the game. A number of kids from Waterbury were invited to participate last year and enjoyed the opportunity. It's a great experience for these CT kids and it's very well run. It puts the kids in a college-type atmosphere.

I think Lytton can play at an FBS school. He's a tough kid and a hard worker with good size. I think the knock on him is his speed. I don't see him as an FBS RB. I think he could play SS or FS. I believe he played safety for Torrington.

Vano is a kid UConn should take a look at. He's 6'5, 275 with a good frame and very athletic for a big kid. He played OT but can play any position on the line and is a long-snapper. Plus he just turned 17 so he's still growing (projected to be 6'7) and he can RS or Prep for a year if necessary.

Reaction Score
Got word from Florida that Vano, Lytton, Williams, and Mahan all earned starting spots for the Public squad in Friday nights game. They're heading over to watch the Orange Bowl tonight. The game is streaming live Friday at 7:30pm on 560 WQAM. If there's any more info I'll pass it along.

http://www.wqam.com/

Reaction Score
White Team:
Vano #75
Lytton #32
Mahan #30
Williams #95

Red Team:
Jackson #83

Reaction Score
Public leading 14-0 2Q. Vano playing very well. Lytton had a few strong runs on the Publics first scoring drive. Public has forced 3 turnovers thus far.

Reaction Score
Public holds a 14-2 lead at the half. Public forced 3 first half turnovers (fumbled punt, 2 INTs) and blocked a FG attempt to end the half. Typical of these All Star games, lots of passing. Lytton had 3, maybe 4 carries for about 12 yards. Vano has played very well. Jackson McGonagle (TE, Taft) has no catches on two attempts for the Private squad.

Reaction Score
17-9 Public 3Q. Jaylan Mahan (Wilby HS, Waterbury) had a nice catch in 3Q.

Reaction Score
Private kicked game winning FG with 9 sec left to pull out an 18-17 come from behind victory. Public faked a FG with 1:30 to play. The pass fell incomplete setting the stage for the game winning drive. Great game. The player from the NVL represented CT well. CTHS Football is on the rise.

Reaction Score
I hope the staff takes a good look at Dylan Vano (OL, Ansonia HS). He played awesome tonight. He didn't give up a sack, had a few pancake blocks, and showed great technique in pass protection (something he didn't have to do very much at Ansonia) against some quick DEs. He needs to get stronger, but he has a great frame for it. He just turned 17 and didn't commit himself to training for football until this past off-season. So, he's still pretty raw, but the potential is there. He's very smart and learns things quickly. The one, knock on him (and I've said this to his Dad many times) is he needs to play angry. He's such a good, mild-mannered kid. He could be absolutely dominant, but he doesn't always play his size. He needs play with fire on every snap. He has a D1 body and the potential. With some seasoning and the opportunity, he could be a very good college lineman. He's played mostly OT, he can play OG, but his natural position is C. A position, I think he is best suited to play in college.

Brendan Lytton (RB, Torrington HS) played very well too. He didn't get many touches but when he did he showed his strength grinding out 3-4 yards per carry. Many times he was hit at the LOS and carried defenders a few extra yards. He looked big compared to the other backs in the game. He's 5'10, 190 and uses every bit of that when he runs. His legs never stop moving. Tough kid. I can see him being very productive on the collegiate level somewhere.

Reaction Score
Dobbs rushed for 3400+ yards last year and Newsome 3700+yards this year, Vano must have something to do with that success.
He can get up to 300 lbs by the fall of '13. I really think we need another OL in this class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom