2012 BE teams OOC games | The Boneyard

2012 BE teams OOC games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking at 2012, obviously things could change depending on what thehell happens w/ WVU, here's the leagues OOC.

UConn: UMass, NC St, @ UMd, @WMU, UB
Cinci: VT (in Landover, MD), Mi (OH), @Toledo, 2 open spots
UL: Kentucky, Missouri St, UNC, @FIU, 1 open spot
Pitt: YSU, VT, @UB, @ND, 1 open spots
RU: Kent St, Army, Howard, @Tulane, 1 open spot (another year of "murderers row" OOC for Rutgers)
USF: Chattanooga, @Ball St, FSU, @Miami (FL), 1 open spot
SU: NW, USCw (in NJ), @Minnesota, 2 open spots
WVU: Marshall, @FSU, JMU (in Landover, MD), Maryland, 1 open spot

In total, out of a total of 40 potential OOC games, there are:
- 14 games v. BCS opponants (no thanks at all to Rutgers...really Greg, really???)
- 9 v. the ACC, 2 v. the B1G, 1 v. SEC, 1 v. P12, and 1 v. ND
- 12 games v. non BCS FBS schools
- 8 v. MAC, 2 v. CUSA, 1 v. Sun Belt and 1 v. Army
- 9 open spots on schedules - I'm assuming TCU bailing out is a big reason every school but UConn has an open date still.
- 5 v. FCS teams.

Our future BE members bigger OOC games are:
UCF v. Kansas St
Houston @ UCLA
SMU @ Baylor, Texas A&M, and TCU
Boise St @ Michigan St and BYU
SDSU @ Washington

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
playing 4 mac teams really sucks for a ooc. good to have ncst at home as our 1 tough game.

Reaction Score
playing 4 mac teams really sucks for a ooc. good to have ncst at home as our 1 tough game.
We get 3 MAC teams (UMass, UB, and WMU), unless you're classifying the Fighting Rangoons as MAC caliber - tough to argue that ;)

Reaction Score
If we can beat both ACC teams, that will be HUGE for us when it comes to perception. We can beat them, too.

Have to envy Rutgers' OOC schedule....

Reaction Score
We can if we get some mojo going b/w our QB and WR's (last years level of QB play will not get it done). I think NC St is going to be pretty good next year too, and would not be at all surprised to see them compete for the ACC North-Central division (or whatever the hell division they're in) title, and play in the ACC CG.

MUST....IMPROVE....QB......PLAY!

Reaction Score
I've never taken a look at RU's schedule for next year until now. That is embarassing. They better fill the open spot with a BCS team. Good God that is bad.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I've never taken a look at RU's schedule for next year until now. That is embarassing. They better fill the open spot with a BCS team. Good God that is bad.

Rutgers always has been, always will be a disgrace to the conference. They'll probably lose 2 of those games as well, just for good measure.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
That Rutgers schedule is a complete joke. They have to be the only BCS conference team who does not have a single BCS OOC game. I don't want to hear them complain in 11 months when they drop in the Big East bowl selection process despite them having a better overall record than the BE teams being picked above them. That schedule is a joke!

Reaction Score
If we can beat both ACC teams, that will be HUGE for us when it comes to perception. We can beat them, too.

Have to envy Rutgers' OOC schedule....

not at all. you might as well stay 1AA if that's how you're going to schedule

is it just me, or does it seem like there's a lot of open slots between most of these teams. if WVU gets out of dodge before this year, it'll be a real scramble to get those and the new opening by WVU filled

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if wvu leaves i would like the staff to call a b12 team. don't care if it puts a L on our resume or if its a toss up game or what, but i want to see them send a message that were here to play ball vs the big boys unlike rutgers.

Reaction Score
if wvu leaves i would like the staff to call a b12 team. don't care if it puts a L on our resume or if its a toss up game or what, but i want to see them send a message that were here to play ball vs the big boys unlike rutgers.
Colorado in 2014 or 15. We're playing the wrong Buffalo.

Reaction Score
The ACC games are absolutely the most important contests for BE teams to win. Also it is a lot easier, IMO, to do a good job scheduling OOC's when you have a conference that automatically offeres 8-9 conference games.

Reaction Score
According to the ESPN blog, Rutgers is "quietly" working on signing a deal to play national type program to fill their remaining spot. There is some chatter that it is a home and home w/ Oklahoma, with RU's home game being in the Meadowlands. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom