2012 Baseball Schedule is here! Finally.. | The Boneyard

2012 Baseball Schedule is here! Finally..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was just about to post this. Actually, I was going to post it yesterday, but I still can't post new threads. I was going to give up and use a different browser. But you beat me to it.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
4 games (2 of which are a Saturday double header) at Dodd and 1 in New Britain. One of the Dodd games is a Tuesday afternoon game against URI. Seems like an interesting choice, anyone know the reason for it?

Reaction Score
4 games (2 of which are a Saturday double header) at Dodd and 1 in New Britain. One of the Dodd games is a Tuesday afternoon game against URI. Seems like an interesting choice, anyone know the reason for it?
Could be some big New England rivalry game... I don't know.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me, but I seem to notice, there's no Holy Cross? I know no one cares about the old rivalries of the Yankee Conference, but it's a bit shocking.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i like it alot this year. we are going to be a bit young at several key spots but our pitching should be top 3 in the BE still. pavone back at catcher after that injury last year right?

-i hate having to play uri down south. we can play them up here later. wasted game imo. they are a quality game tho.
-we play alot of big name schools this year which is cool for the brand but atleast half of them are weak baseball schools which will give us a perfect mix to start the season getting the new guys into the grove/development.
-i like playing at quin/ becuase that gives us a chance for easier viewing recruiting purposes wise in newhaven/ffld counties.
-@ lville and usf late year is going to be a tough for us. both of those teams are going to be good.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
JoePa is enrolled as a grad student and will be on the team this year. His recovery from the ACL tear is coming along although at this point I don't believe he is 100%. Hopefully he will return to form by the time the season rolls around.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Good schedule. I want to beat Oregon badly after what they did to us two years ago. We should be solid this year; a return to regionals should be our goal.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me, but I seem to notice, there's no Holy Cross? I know no one cares about the old rivalries of the Yankee Conference, but it's a bit shocking.
Yeah, especially after the thrilling tie last year, I'm surprised too. I'd like to see a rematch. At least someone would win, maybe.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm glad about the ND game in New Britain just due to my own laziness. 19 days between home games in April seems a bit odd, no?

Reaction Score
Louisville and St John's on the road. Oklahoma MSU Oregon Oregon State College of Charleston, a challenge.

Reaction Score
From the looks of it, the schedule is pretty front loaded with pre-season tourneys and what not, but this is exactly what we need to do from an rpi and resume building standpoint. One of the weakest parts of our resume was the low rpi, which come from us having to play lower ranked teams in the northeast due to travel constraints. This season, nobody is going to be able to make the excuse that we didn't play a quality schedule because games against Oklahoma, Mississippi State, Oregon, Oregon State, CofC are all quality opponents. I'm hoping to that Louisville can get back on track because the Big East could certainly be a multiple bid league with ourselves, St. Johns, and Louisville all making a push for at-large bids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom