2011 SDSU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2011 SDSU

Reaction Score
Our friends from San Diego were driving to our house during that game
He was listening to the game on his car radio on the way.
He wasn’t happy when he arrived at my house with all the UConn gear and me celebrating the win. He was a Ct native and HS classmate but moved in the late 70’s plus his daughter went to SDSU. Of course I was a very gracious winner “sure”
I agree we were the better team but I’m still amazed we beat U of A
We dodged a bullet on that one, I think I closed my eyes on that last shot.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Our friends from San Diego were driving to our house during that game
He was listening to the game on his car radio on the way.
He wasn’t happy when he arrived at my house with all the UConn gear and me celebrating the win. He was a Ct native and HS classmate but moved in the late 70’s plus his daughter went to SDSU. Of course I was a very gracious winner “sure”
I agree we were the better team but I’m still amazed we beat U of A
We dodged a bullet on that one, I think I closed my eyes on that last shot.

Arizona was the lower seed. That was a wild and brutal bracket. Duke was a strong 1 and they just had zero answer for Derrick Williams in what was a wild s16 game.

Reaction Score
And I was a better basketball player than Kemba. Still am!

Reaction Score
We were very fortunate that Kawhi and Derrick Williams each picked up 2 early fouls and sat. But who cares.

Reaction Score
Arguably Oriakhi's greatest moment as a Husky(and I think he had a pretty good career here) was pissing Kawhi off enough to get him T'ed.

'A la Rudy against Brandon Roy.

Reaction Score
How many NBA players does that SDSU squad have? Our 2011 team has 3, at least. That are still in the NBA.

We also had Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Nope, Hall was up 1. The biggest screwjob in the history of sports.
Watch "phantom foul" on YouTube

Wow, I remember watching then I was 9 or 10 and thinking that it was a tough call, but that there was a foul (I liked Michigan's uniforms so I was rooting for them) but watching it now, holy crap that's brutal.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We were very fortunate that Kawhi and Derrick Williams each picked up 2 early fouls and sat.
I don't think anyone at Maryland would ever think of bringing up Caron Butler's sitting after 2 quick fouls.

Reaction Score
We managed to survive Okafor getting two quick in 04 vs Duke and Bazz getting two quick vs Nova in 14
Two quick on DD in the NC ,Kentucky game or that was a complete blowout win for good guys.
Your going to have adversity you just have to suck it up or lament your bad luck for the next 50 years.

Reaction Score
Leonard was a pretty good college player but who would have thunk he’d become one of the best players in the world.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Leonard was a pretty good college player but who would have thunk he’d become one of the best players in the world.

He was good at many things, but not a good shooter at all. And his form at SDSU wasn’t that great. Going to the spurs with their wizard of a shooting coach (who if I ever ran an nba team I’d offer to triple his salary to get him), was one of the biggest factors turning him into this. You don’t see many guys do this. Antwan Jamison and Michael redd are the two that come to mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom