2011 Number 5 Player Forthan Leaving LSU | The Boneyard

2011 Number 5 Player Forthan Leaving LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She played high school ball in Georgetown, TX, a suburb of Austin.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
hmmm. When exactly does LSU start getting their money's worth from Caldwell?

Reaction Score
Not a surprise that someone recruited by a different coach might not fit in with the new coach's system.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Not a surprise that someone recruited by a different coach might not fit in with the new coach's system.

Still waiting for a link. Must have been on the news somewhere.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
No "news" from Google search.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing the source is a post on the Baylor board saying that Forthan posted the news on Facebook.

Apparently Forthan is very close to Clarissa Davis-Wrightsil, former Texas (& NE Blizzard!) star, so maybe a Longhorn lean.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Clarissa Davis was at odds with Texas after being dismissed by Coach G in 2007. It would be quite a turnaround for relations to have been reestablished. Texas also has a very full roster. Not sure if they have an open scholarship.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Clarissa Davis was at odds with Texas after being dismissed by Coach G in 2007. It would be quite a turnaround for relations to have been reestablished. Texas also has a very full roster. Not sure if they have an open scholarship.

She wasn't dismissed by Gail; she simply was not retained (common when a new coach comes in). Rather than handling it with class, she trashed the new coach left and right. And Clarissa might want to look in the mirror given her tenure with the Silver Stars...

Reaction Score
Clarissa Davis was at odds with Texas after being dismissed by Coach G in 2007. It would be quite a turnaround for relations to have been reestablished.

Well, but G is gone and a Conradt disciple is back coaching.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She wasn't dismissed by Gail; she simply was not retained (common when a new coach comes in). Rather than handling it with class, she trashed the new coach left and right. And Clarissa might want to look in the mirror given her tenure with the Silver Stars...
Semantics. And yes, she can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. She'd done nothing meriting keeping her job. Heck of a player, but incredibly unprofessional.

Reaction Score
Semantics. And yes, she can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. She'd done nothing meriting keeping her job. Heck of a player, but incredibly unprofessional.

Didnt she also punch someone during an ABL all-star game?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Forthan tweeted this and it is posted on her Facebook page as well.

Reaction Score
I think the punch was in reference to Davis-Wrightsil who indeed punched Cindy Brown in the face during the ABL all-star game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think the punch was in reference to Davis-Wrightsil who indeed punched Cindy Brown in the face during the ABL all-star game.

Then they have something in common. Forthan threw a punch at an opposing player from Pflugerville in a high school game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Thanks, Jason76. I appreciate you not instructing me to "follow the thread." Sometimes I get lost. And then sometimes I just don't want to read through at the "paja."

Forthan also lived with Davis-Wrightsil and her husband.

Reaction Score
Thanks, Jason76. I appreciate you not instructing me to "follow the thread." Sometimes I get lost.

My post included this comment from someone else:
"Semantics. And yes, she can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. She'd done nothing meriting keeping her job. Heck of a player, but incredibly unprofessional."

Did you really think this person's comment was about Forthan?​

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Does anyone else see the irony in this, maybe Jason will, NC recruited Forthan hard to come to UCLA with no luck, Forthan went to LSU and NC ended up there, and now she is gone, I do believe 3 hi schools also so not too surprising.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
My post included this comment from someone else:
"Semantics. And yes, she can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. She'd done nothing meriting keeping her job. Heck of a player, but incredibly unprofessional."
Did you really think this person's comment was about Forthan?​

I barely glanced at your post since I typically find them worthless. I should have read more closely. Call your lawyer and sue me...then get over it.

Once again, the Ignore options comes in handy.

Reaction Score
Irony, yes, but I also felt the three high schools was a red flag. NC didn't recruit her that hard at UCLA because it was felt she might not be strong enough academically.

If she does leave LSU, I hope she can find a coaching staff that can provide her with what she needs because I think she's an amazingly talented player.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Irony, yes, but I also felt the three high schools was a red flag. NC didn't recruit her that hard at UCLA because it was felt she might not be strong enough academically.

If she does leave LSU, I hope she can find a coaching staff that can provide her with what she needs because I think she's an amazingly talented player.

Baylor has had three quality transfers: Mosby, Williams and Pope. Maybe this can be our "Forthan."

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I barely glanced at your post since I typically find them worthless. I should have read more closely. Call your lawyer and sue me...then get over it.

Once again, the Ignore options comes in handy.
Wow. But you probably have me on ignore too.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Baylor has had three quality transfers: Mosby, Williams and Pope. Maybe this can be our "Forthan."
Um, I would downgrade Pope a bit. While she is certainly more productive for Baylor than she was at RU, I'm not sure that she plays at a level above what would be considered "average" on any BCS competative team.

Most RU fans don't miss her, but a lot of fans followed her on TV and no one thought she has lived up to her potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom