2011 BE tourney final vs Louisville on ESPNU now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2011 BE tourney final vs Louisville on ESPNU now

Reaction Score
correct me if i’m wrong, but i remember final 4 dicky v saying he asked david lighty (ohio st) that kentucky was gonna win with all the talent. and lighty said no way anyone’s beating kemba

Reaction Score
The Garden will definitely be like that again! Big East tournament is just as great now as it was then.

The Beast was great because almost every game was against a rival or at least someone to whom you would hate to lose. That would take years to rebuild if it is even possible.
I will just be happy to see us at MSG again in a game that matters. But it won't feel like the old days.

Reaction Score
Damn. I missed it. Calhoun is being interviewed now. As huskyinfl suggested I can't help but get caught up in the action as if it's live. I remember yelling at Donny Marshall in a game that had been played 5 years earlier. He really botched getting that loose ball though.
Welcome to the yard'!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Damn. I missed it. Calhoun is being interviewed now. As huskyinfl suggested I can't help but get caught up in the action as if it's live. I remember yelling at Donny Marshall in a game that had been played 5 years earlier. He really botched getting that loose ball though.

Yes. Welcome!

Reaction Score
The Beast was great because almost every game was against a rival or at least someone to whom you would hate to lose. That would take years to rebuild if it is even possible.
I will just be happy to see us at MSG again in a game that matters. But it won't feel like the old days.
Syracuse and Pitt are the only legit hateable rivals and they both kind of suck now. The rest of the conference is the originals and some really good programs added on. Garden will be rocking in the future.

Reaction Score

I disagree. Wait until we have played a couple of years at Creighton and Butler (as soon as you can have sell outs again, anyway), in addition to Providence (have an intense dislike for their fans after doing a couple of games there for WHUS back 30 years ago), Villanova and Georgetown. Heck, Seton Hall fans already hate us for stealing Sanogo right out from under them. Don't believe me? Just go check out their message board.

When we get beat - and no matter how good we are, it will happen - and passionate Creighton, Butler, Villanova or other fans are whooping it up and talking trash to our boys. The passion that was lacking in literally 90%+ of the AAC games will be there most nights, and certainly at those venues every time we play there.

That will translate to our wanting revenge in subsequent meetings... and the Big East Tournament games being electric. Don't forget, we had zero rivalry with Louisville until they came into the Big East. It didn't take long to grow an ardent dislike for them and that shyster Pitino (great basketball coach, bag as a human being).

If you still want to stand by your view, just go back and watch the last several years of the Big East Tournament.

EXHIBIT A: The 2019 BET Final between Seton Hall and Villanova. MSG was packed, and raucus right to the end. I remember distinctly feeling how much I missed that while watching that game... how much it sucked not being involved in that type of atmosphere.

Oh, yes... that old feeling will come back, particularly once we are serious competitors for the conference title. And much quicker than you are thinking is possible.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Wait until we have played a couple of years at Creighton and Butler (as soon as you can have sell outs again, anyway), in addition to Providence (have an intense dislike for their fans after doing a couple of games there for WHUS back 30 years ago), Villanova and Georgetown. Heck, Seton Hall fans already hate us for stealing Sanogo right out from under them. Don't believe me? Just go check out their message board.

When we get beat - and no matter how good we are, it will happen - and passionate Creighton, Butler, Villanova or other fans are whooping it up and talking trash to our boys. The passion that was lacking in literally 90%+ of the AAC games will be there most nights, and certainly at those venues every time we play there.

That will translate to our wanting revenge in subsequent meetings... and the Big East Tournament games being electric. Don't forget, we had zero rivalry with Louisville until they came into the Big East. It didn't take long to grow an ardent dislike for them and that shyster Pitino (great basketball coach, bag as a human being).

If you still want to stand by your view, just go back and watch the last several years of the Big East Tournament.

EXHIBIT A: The 2019 BET Final between Seton Hall and Villanova. MSG was packed, and raucus right to the end. I remember distinctly feeling how much I missed that while watching that game... how much it sucked not being involved in that type of atmosphere.

Oh, yes... that old feeling will come back, particularly once we are serious competitors for the conference title. And much quicker than you are thinking is possible.

It doesn't have to be as good as the old days to be good. But, i hope you right. I will be there either way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom