2004 UConn vs. Gonzaga | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2004 UConn vs. Gonzaga

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Jesus, 2014 was crazy. What a _______ run. People - especially young people who started rooting for the team post-2000 - really need to appreciate how special that was. Nobody on that team is in the NBA right now. Not the best UConn team by any stretch, and they'd probably lose to a bunch of UConn teams that never made it that far. But that kind of weird alchemy that creates a March like that is so duck___ cool.

I remember it like it was yesterday - I was at a resort in Sedona with my wife and we got a series of progressively aggressive calls from the front desk because I absolutely refused to leave the room until the game was over, and I can remember listening to AM radio on the drive back to the airport in Phoenix to catch all the pundits and the interviews with Ollie and Shabazz. Being a UConn fan since Calhoun walked in the building has been awesome.

Everybody was playing at their peak: Bazz was Kemba 2.0, Boat was a terror at both ends, Niels rediscovered his 3-point shot, and DD looked like the kind of lottery talent we thought he was when we landed him.

Everything clicked and everyone was playing with confidence. We made like 499 of our last 500 FT attempts.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Everything clicked and everyone was playing with confidence. We made like 499 of our last 500 FT attempts.
There were also a million little miracles...Terrance Samuel making all of his layups, Brimah's and-1 hookshot that hit the front of the rim but somehow still crawled over and in, Niang(sp?) breaking his foot the previous game, UConn's second home MSG... The Mojo Gods were drowning us in blessings for Emmert's sins.

Reaction Score
Uconn 2004 would demolish this years Gonzaga 2021 team. No way that group could handle Okafor, Boone, Armstrong, Villenueva frontcourt and a Gordon, D Brown, T Brown, Anderson backcourt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom