2004-2005 & Charlie Villanueva Highlights | The Boneyard

2004-2005 & Charlie Villanueva Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Good lord they were fun to watch. Marcus was a duck_____ wizard with the ball.

Marcus was really strong and could whip passes on a straight line from a long way away. Those bullet passes off the dribble were a thing of beauty. That whole team passed so well, with Charlie being probably the best interior passer I can remember.

Another thing I think of watching this was how JC made Charlie focus on the game inside the paint rather than looking to jack up 3's all the time. He was tremendously improved by the 2nd semester of that year.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Marcus was really strong and could whip passes on a straight line from a long way away. Those bullet passes off the dribble were a thing of beauty. That whole team passed so well, with Charlie being probably the best interior passer I can remember.

Another thing I think of watching this was how JC made Charlie focus on the game inside the paint rather than looking to jack up 3's all the time. He was tremendously improved by the 2nd semester of that year.
And people on here think Boatright is a better point guard than Marcus...:confused:

Reaction Score
Marcus' court vision and passing ability was out of this world talented. '06... ughhhhh

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
With the amount of talent we had in the front court and Marcus' ability to get them the ball in scoring position, it's a wonder we ever took an outside shot.

Reaction Score
I know this is a CV thread but...wish we could have seen the back court of AJ and Marcus

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
williams was so much fun to watch, that's a true pg... averaged what 26 assists a game?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
that frontcourt bullied everyone, they wanted to dunk on everyone... hopefully we get back to that with an ollie twist... from what '99-'09 it seemed that our frontcourt was big, tough, and didn't take any from anyone... can the season start already?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
What happened to Antonio Kellogg after he left UConn?

Reaction Score
What happened to Antonio Kellogg after he left UConn?

I know he ended up back in the Bay Area at USF but I don't know if he was there more than a year. Last I heard his name he was playing in some local west-coast semi-pro league. I know he was in South America for a minute. I don't know if he ever got a decent Euro gig. I loved that Calhoun felt a bond with those hard luck kids.

Reaction Score
damn, these clips are great. it's wild that villanueva has developed such a good outside shot in the nba (~40% from 3-pt range??) considering his inside game in college was so explosive.

Reaction Score
Love it, love it, love it. I miss the days of having such an imposing front court. Fun basketball to watch during those years. None of this isolation, end of the shot clock half court stuff.

I think we run more next year, get more productivity from our bigs, and can assemble a highlight package that won't be as good as this, but will have some highlight moments. We finish a lot of stuff over the rim in those years. Think about how crazy everyone got when Purvis put it down on SMU. Back in 04-05, those were almost routine plays, once or twice per game.

Nice memories.

Reaction Score
The interior passing of Boone, Gay and CV. Would love to have something reseembling that with DHam, Miller, and Brimah this year.

Reaction Score
damn, these clips are great. it's wild that villanueva has developed such a good outside shot in the nba (~40% from 3-pt range??) considering his inside game in college was so explosive.

CV was always a shooter, JC made him operate more towards the basket during his sophomore year and it felt like he was damn near automatic once he got it in the post. kinda similar to what Calipari did with Towns this year.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The interior passing of Boone, Gay and CV. Would love to have something reseembling that with DHam, Miller, and Brimah this year.
Brimah doesn't have the natural instinct for the game that those 3 have. I could see Hamilton and Miller putting out some highlight passes though, most likely to Brimah.

Reaction Score
Brimah doesn't have the natural instinct for the game that those 3 have. I could see Hamilton and Miller putting out some highlight passes though, most likely to Brimah.
Brimah has had a few nice dimes over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom