2002 Final Four/Championship Games | The Boneyard

2002 Final Four/Championship Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Very nice. Odd how memory plays tricks on you. I had always pictured DT backing down Stacey Dales for the late big hoop + 1 that jumped the margin from a still-close 6 to a much tougher 9, but it was actually Dionnah Jackson who was backed down with DT spinning around her and taking the help-out bump from Dales to foul her out and make her give a frustrated "I will get back at you UConn when I'm with ESPN" type of slap to the support stanchion. Sequence starts around 1:14:50 and includes a wink from Sue Bird's mom before the back down. On the OK attack and miss following DT's FT, the rebound winds up with Bird and she is briefly fronted by Jamie Talbert. Bird waves down court to signal the Huskies all to the other end, and Talbert obediently turns around and runs with them. No taking the ball from Bird on the dribble. Nice signs: "Suener or later, UConn's gonna get it."

3pt-shooting ---- 2002: 0-9, 2013: 13-26. Different strokes for different folks.

BTW for semifinal vs UTenn, no 4 (probably too embarrasing) but part 3 is listed twice in OP and part 5 is at

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Watching the game, to me anyways, seems like a slightly smaller, less defensive but more offensive minded Kelly Faris running the point. She and Sue have very similar mannerisms and handle themselves similarly.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And while we're at it, there is one of the truly most gorgeous shots in UConn history from the next year's NC game involving a famous left hand. Just breathtaking.

I'm not sure if I understand what happened in following Vol sequence where Shyra Ely appears to leap into a straight-up standing Jessica Moore who gets called apparently for a non-shooting foul. Maybe it was felt she was so far behind the basket that she was not really in shooting mode. In any case, in following Husky huddle, DT is looking up and is very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom