20 Years Ago Today | The Boneyard

20 Years Ago Today

Reaction Score
Amazing comeback.
IMG_4804.jpeg

Reaction Score
"you cheated us!" Coach K
Yeah the refs changed their minds about who to cheat after the early foul calls on Okafor. They knew Dook was going to get blown out and the NCAA cant allow that. Its the reason Auburn who shouldve been in the south region got switched out with Dook. They couldnt have Uconn Diddy the Dookies on national tv.

Reaction Score
Drank many Red Bull and vodka at Diamond Pub in Glastonbury. Of course, had to do it all over again for the Natty. Wish I saved the video I took on my phone…pandemonium

Reaction Score
My favorite team ever. Cant believe it’s been 20 years.

Reaction Score
I was there in 2004 in the nose bleed seats with my youngest brother. I remember we had some smug Duke fans right in front of us(They showed no enthusiasm at all) and we won my brother and I let them have it. LOL! What a day that was and we went to get a drink after the game on the Riverwalk area and everyone was congratulating on us beating Duke. Fond memories for sure.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Watched this game with my dad (Class of 66), as a young dad myself. Raucous good time. When we won, Dad stood up and said "I love that be beat those f'ers from Durham!"

Great memory - miss my dad - he would have loved this team.

Reaction Score
Best team I have ever seen. Emeka Okafor the biggest force in college basketball in decades. Good luck stopping Ben Gordon, Rashad and Denham.

By the way, we'll send future NBA 1st rounders at you too with Charlie Villaneuva, Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong and Marcus Williams.

Reaction Score
I was more stressed watching the replay than I was when it happened in real time. But...I was able to drink 12 beers for a game back in 04.

Reaction Score
The most nerve-wracking UConn game I've ever watched. I wanted Duke all year. All tournament. I knew we'd smoke em. Then the start, 16-4 and just outclassing them. Too big and too athletic.

Duke settled down and Okafor's bogus foul trouble put us in a hole. Calhoun and his huge nuts kept Okafor on the pine all half.

We hang around. Rashad hits the three, Okafor with the rip away steal for the lay in and JJ Redick misses a wide open three to seal Duke's fate. Perfection.

Reaction Score
Still dont understand some of the moves Coach K made in the 2nd half. Gordon played a long time with 4 fouls. If he fouled out we are toast. He had Duhon and Ewing, both capable of going at Gordon. But he didnt use those guys late in the game like he should of. Or maybe those two guys feared the moment. Instead he went to poor ball handling Reddick.... brilliant coach my a.. he did the same thing with a poor ball handling Langdon in 99.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom