#20 UConn vs. #16 Providence (Friday 2/12/21 @ Schneider Arena @ 4:30 on NESN+ -> Saturday Game Cancelled) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

#20 UConn vs. #16 Providence (Friday 2/12/21 @ Schneider Arena @ 4:30 on NESN+ -> Saturday Game Cancelled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree that we have played a difficult schedule. Maybe the most difficult. It does somewhat deliberate.
Sorry. I just hated pulling the goalie on the power play with like 6 mins left. Why make a bad game even worse? You had a power play anyway. If you make it 3-1 you can than pull the goalie but the insult to injury was so so obvious. Didn't like it at all.

Well we got out answer if this program could handle being ranked. They couldn't.

And I think Hockey East is full of it. I think our schedule has been deliberately hard and difficult. No Maine (who can't play home games), no UVM, no BU coming off a long shutdown. Loading up on BC and UMass to try to put us on in a hole. And getting a Providence series at the worst time. Screw them.
I do not agree. HE standings compensate for strength of schedule. Play the hand you are dealt, and...........to quote Al Davis, "just win, baby". Losing 4-0 to PC has nothing to do with scheduling, everything to do with playing poorly.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I do not agree. HE standings compensate for strength of schedule. Play the hand you are dealt, and...........to quote Al Davis, "just win, baby". Losing 4-0 to PC has nothing to do with scheduling, everything to do with playing poorly.
I said that. In an earlier post. Still, one cannot deny, that we have played a difficult schedule.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I don’t think that has anything to do with it...we lost to UML in OT and just played poorly today. It just so happens that PC is playing really well right now...and they are ranked higher than us. Everyone in the top tier of HE is capable of winning on any given night.
@Viet Vet

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Well. BC looking pretty good in a 7-1 beat down of UML.

Reaction Score
Just not the Huskies night. You can’t just not show up for a team like PC. How many offsides did we have? And stepping on our own power plays by taking stupid penalties of our own...you just can’t afford to do that and get away with it. Twice!
The mental toughness just wasn’t there tonight.
Turn the page. Make up for this stinker Saturday, right from the get go!
PS...that 5 minute major was a crap call.

Reaction Score
Well. BC looking pretty good in a 7-1 beat down of UML.
UML just isn't good this year. Even though we didn't play well Tuesday we still were better than they were....which is why not getting the win that night was infuriating.

Reaction Score
Losing Firstov is tough. I'm already banking on those 2 not being active tomorrow, just hope they can play the next weekend.
Re: Schandor - was he hurt on the non-call?

Reaction Score
Re: Schandor - was he hurt on the non-call?
From UConn Blog article above:

->Schandor was checked hard into the boards in the second period and crumpled to the ground afterward. The officials determined it was not worthy of a major penalty after a video review — a decision Cavanaugh agreed with.

“It was a good hit,” he said. “I think [the Providence player] hit him clean. Hudson’s head hit the glass, it wasn’t a shot to the head.”<-

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
From UConn Blog article above:

->Schandor was checked hard into the boards in the second period and crumpled to the ground afterward. The officials determined it was not worthy of a major penalty after a video review — a decision Cavanaugh agreed with.

“It was a good hit,” he said. “I think [the Providence player] hit him clean. Hudson’s head hit the glass, it wasn’t a shot to the head.”<-
At the time, I thought it was a penalty. Coach knows best, however.

Reaction Score
Lowell Game I thought we were a little off in the timing. Passes just missed guys, off sides. Last night it got worse. And I thought Vomacka looked a step slow too last night. First goal was something he never gives up. Everything was out of whack. I also think we have started to get into a bad habit of starting slow. we have done it a few times lately and recovered. Last night we couldn’t.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
At the time, I thought it was a penalty. Coach knows best, however.

It was a penalty, if you watch the PC players right hand it comes up and hits Schandor in the head pushing it into the glass. More likely a consequence of the height difference, but a penalty nonetheless if you are committed to player safety. A forearm to the head is a forearm to the head.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Welp, the other side of the coin is it may have been a blessing depending on Shandor and Firstov’s injury status today.
I suppose...I was just really looking forward to some hockey, especially in light of the nice hoops win today. Wanted a 2 win day!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Welp, the other side of the coin is it may have been a blessing depending on Shandor and Firstov’s injury status today.
If Shandor has a concussion that time will be needed. Any news on what happened to Firstov? I think he missed the whole 3rd period.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I saw Vlad grimacing coming off the ice after his shift. Never saw him after that, but I didn't see what happened.
I was thinking of watching the replay to get an idea...but that might be a bit painful In itself.

Reaction Score
No UConn game, but being back in North America and appropriately sticking close to home watching more NHL games than in a few decades. Loving it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom