20 Questions with Azzi and a future teammate ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

20 Questions with Azzi and a future teammate ?

Reaction Score
I hope Geno did not watch and hear Paige say she does not box out and go for rebounds... Ouch...
I just made you 1776 for both messages and likes. That and a dime used to get you on the NY subway.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope Geno did not watch and hear Paige say she does not box out and go for rebounds... Ouch...

I believe she said it was against the Wayzata center. I've watched several of those games (6?) and that center is a big girl 6'4"+ and can also shoot 3's very very well. She's going to one of the midwest P5 schools. She had some of her best games against Hopkins but I don't remember Bueckers guarding her much.

I must have watched a hundred times more game video on Bueckers than Fudd so all I know is that she is a sharpshooter. If she were to attend UConn she could assume the designated shooter role that both KML & KLS had as freshmen.

Reaction Score
Great seeing the future backcourt of the UCONN huskies together
Remember Boston was UConn's and Dawn recruited her whole family and showed our recruiting was out of touch with an elite talent as we
did not really know what was important to her.

Reaction Score
I believe she said it was against the Wayzata center. I've watched several of those games (6?) and that center is a big girl 6'4"+ and can also shoot 3's very very well. She's going to one of the midwest P5 schools. She had some of her best games against Hopkins but I don't remember Bueckers guarding her much.

I must have watched a hundred times more game video on Bueckers than Fudd so all I know is that she is a sharpshooter. If she were to attend UConn she could assume the designated shooter role that both KML & KLS had as freshmen.
She is more than a sharpshooter. She has movement too and can make shots from anywhere in Maya Moore fashion.

Reaction Score
She is more than a sharpshooter. She has movement too and can make shots from anywhere in Maya Moore fashion.

I agree. She is quick. And she has the size to finish through contact. Her demeanor reminds me of Moore. If the team she "would be" joining is as good as I think it will be her minutes will be 20-25 unless needed despite her ability to take over on offense. I am very impressed that both she and Fudd are both more interested in wins than stats.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Prayers lord that Azzi comes to UCONN , id hate to see this boards reaction if the almighty fails .

Answer: The boneyard will blowup.

Question: How will the BY react when Azzi announces her commitment? Regardless of the program she chooses.

Reaction Score
Gotta say new ND HC Niele Ivey is a very impressive young lady......she's going to be able to recruit some talent there. But I still think the overall package of Geno, CD & the asst coach's, plus Paige and the UCONN legacy is going to be enough to attract Azzi.

Reaction Score
Answer: The boneyard will blowup.

Question: How will the BY react when Azzi announces her commitment? Regardless of the program she chooses.
It’s just ridiculous at this point. She’s good...great even....but it’s one player and basketball is a team game. I hope she chooses the good guys too but if she doesn’t so what....we will have really good players regardless and no 1 player is bigger than the team/program. Honestly people need to get a grip. The sky is not falling is she goes to ND or MD and we’re not guaranteed 3 Nattys if she’s a Husky (in fact we may get her and not win any and vice versa). We get more then our fair share of talent. Deep breath people.

Reaction Score
It’s just ridiculous at this point. She’s good...great even....but it’s one player and basketball is a team game. I hope she chooses the good guys too but if she doesn’t so what....we will have really good players regardless and no 1 player is bigger than the team/program. Honestly people need to get a grip. The sky is not falling is she goes to ND or MD and we’re not guaranteed 3 Nattys if she’s a Husky (in fact we may get her and not win any and vice versa). We get more then our fair share of talent. Deep breath people.

after hearing that Fudd is transcendent, and could be the best player to come out of high school since Stewie, Fudd sounds like a big deal to me, going to ND, Maryland, South Carolina, Stanford, Virginia or even Tennessee would not be ideal for me, and give them a chance at winning it all.

Reaction Score
after hearing that Fudd is transcendent, and could be the best player to come out of high school since Stewie, Fudd sounds like a big deal to me, going to ND, Maryland, South Carolina, Stanford, Virginia or even Tennessee would not be ideal for me, and give them a chance at winning it all.
Never said she wasn’t great and those teams will have a chance to win it all with or without her. It’s 1 player. Again not saying she’s not great

Carnac

Reaction Score

Deuce, it’s not ridiculous from the standpoint of many longtime boneyard regulars, many of whom already have an emotional attachment to her. Azzi has been a coveted target for years. She’s the number 1 ranked player in her class. She’s been viewed as a UConn lean for months. She’s going to be a great get for whatever program she chooses.

You’re right in saying that life will go on if she does not come to UConn, but life will go on and be a little brighter if she comes here. Many BY’ers (me included) thought Aaliyah Boston was coming to Storrs, but didn’t. She disappointed a lot of us, especially since it looks like she’s going to be a dominant post player for the next 3 years. Something UConn or any program can always use.

We want Azzi!!! We’ll be very disappointed if she goes elsewhere. We understand if you can’t/don’t see this from our perspective, but we know and understand the dynamics of Azzi’s decision whenever it comes. We’re a much better and deeper team with her on our roster, and the final piece of UConn claiming that 12th NC. In the minds of many of us, she’s coming to UConn. We’re just waiting for her to make it official. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Deuce, it’s not ridiculous from the standpoint of many longtime boneyard regulars, many of whom already have an emotional attachment to her. Azzi has been a coveted target for years. She’s the number 1 ranked player in her class. She’s been viewed as a UConn lean for months. She’s going to be a great get for whatever program she chooses.

You’re right in saying that life will go on if she does not come to UConn, but life will go on and be a little brighter if she does. Many BY’ers (me included) thought Aaliyah Boston was coming to Storrs, but didn’t. She disappointed a lot of us, especially since it looks like she’s going to be a dominant post player for the next 3 years. Something UConn or any program can always use.

We want Azzi!!! We’ll be very disappointed if she goes elsewhere. We understand if you can’t/don’t see this from our perspective, but we know and understand the dynamics of Azzi’s decision whenever it comes. We’re a much better and deeper team with her on our roster.
Listen I’ve been here 15+ years too but after this post I’ll just keep my mouth shut about this. I find it ridiculous when there’s a thread announcing a top 25 girl committed and like the 4th post in that thread and every other there after are about Azzi Fudd. It’s absurd to me but clearly I’m in the minority for not developing emotional attachments to 16 year old who can shoot a basketball.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Listen I’ve been here 15+ years too but after this post I’ll just keep my mouth shut about this. I find it ridiculous when there’s a thread announcing a top 25 girl committed and like the 4th post in that thread and every other there after are about Azzi Fudd. It’s absurd to me but clearly I’m in the minority for not developing emotional attachments to 16 year old who can shoot a basketball.

I understand and appreciate your position on this. But whether you agree or not, being a fan(atic) of women’s high school and college basketball usually entails developing some degree of emotional attachments for, and an appreciation of the skill sets of 15-22 year olds that can shoot a basketball. Realize that there are folks that are consumed with girls high school and AAU basketball. It can be addictive. For 8 years, I followed my two granddaughters (born 4 years apart) through the gauntlet religiously, never missing a game. My son was the school's JV girl's assistant coach during those 8 years. It was a family affair. My wife didn't miss any games either. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gotta say new ND HC Niele Ivey is a very impressive young lady......she's going to be able to recruit some talent there. But I still think the overall package of Geno, CD & the asst coach's, plus Paige and the UCONN legacy is going to be enough to attract Azzi.
I thought this same thing about Aaliyah Boston along with the home court advantage and she went off with our heads !

Carnac

Reaction Score
I thought this same thing about Aaliyah Boston along with the home court advantage and she went off with our heads !

Boston taught me a very valuable lesson, one I won't forget. I should have known better, but my emotions got the best of me. I believed the hype and the comments posted here in the yard, that Boston was a "can't miss" UConn get, and a dominant post player; and that she was leaning so far towards UConn, she needed a crutch or support to keep from falling to the ground.

I'll wait until a player makes her announcement now. No more predictions of THAT kind by me. I'll stick to predicting wins and losses where I have a much better track record. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom