20 Questions with Azzi and a future teammate ? | The Boneyard

20 Questions with Azzi and a future teammate ?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So Paige & Azzi are hanging out together during the quarantine. With no gyms open I suspect their one-on-one games in the driveway are intense.

If I was a neighbor, I’d set up a lawn chair to watch. Who said there’s no live sports? :cool:

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This YouTube was up on my phone this morning! Going to be a puzzler if they are not Huskies together.
The 1st rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club.
The 2nd rule of Fight Club is YOU DO NO TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

Geez, some posters want to jinx everything...:rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have it on good authority that may or may not be a Husky in 2021 :cool:
If you’re going to practice reverse psychology, why not go all the way and predict that Azzi will be announcing her decision to attend a certain school in Northern IN.....:rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was a bit surprised by the answer to the question

If not basketball, what sport

Paige Football
Azzi Football to ..... but touch Football (not that contact).

Analyze as needed. ;)

Also, when asked who was their toughest opponent in high school, Azzi (and later Paige) said Owusu (MD Guard) and then did not add anyone. Paige was pissed. " I am not hard :mad:" Azzi answered that we did not play in highschool against each other.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So Paige & Azzi are hanging out together during the quarantine. With no gyms open I suspect their one-on-one games in the driveway are intense.

If I was a neighbor, I’d set up a lawn chair to watch. Who said there’s no live sports? :cool:
Lawn chair? I want to see these one on one's steamed live.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There has been a fair amount of recruiting speculation on a certain now misnomered fan board. As part of it the thought was put out there about whether Geno would be around for Azzi's full tour. Did not occur to them that maybe the retirement of their coach would have an impact. No matter how much the conventional wisdom has Neile as someone with greater influence on the program than Muffet, fact is ND now has a coach who has never been a head coach.

As for Geno, I figure he's going to get a lot of vitamins out of this ever swelling roster of talent.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I found a lot to like here:

1-Azzi will donate her lottery winnings to help dogs so maybe she'll want to attend a university with a mascot...
2-Paige is confident enough to drive a pink Tesla and choose a country other than Italy to visit.
3-Asked to choose a desert, Azzi picked all three. Sounds like someone who wants to score, rebound and pass.
4-Paige is so wily, wooing a future teammate by saying she'd give up the game's final shot to her.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I was worried that Paige and Azzi were so talented that Geno wouldn’t have anything to yell at them about........:cool:
Well the - let's call it the Sue Bird class - as it turned out when they showed up Geno went a little crazy. Well over a decade later Geno spilled the beans. As good as they were they were not meshing with the rest of the team and it had Geno's head spinning. So talent does not necessarily bring tranquility to Geno's brain.

Reaction Score
I was a bit surprised by the answer to the question

If not basketball, what sport

Paige Football
Azzi Football to ..... but touch Football (not that contact).

Analyze as needed. ;)

Also, when asked who was their toughest opponent in high school, Azzi (and later Paige) said Owusu (MD Guard) and then did not add anyone. Paige was pissed. " I am not hard :mad:" Azzi answered that we did not play in highschool against each other.
Yeah Owusu shut her down for periods of time in multiple games. Mainly because Owusu is a big body guard and they don't call a lot of fouls.... Azzi would usually outlast her and do better as the games went on.

Reaction Score
What amazingly refreshing and genuine young ladies...above and beyond their basketball talent, they just seem to be the kind you'd be proud to claim as your own. Definitely UConn kinda kids!
What kinda kids do other schools recruit?

Reaction Score
I believe she (Paige) said that she does not rebound but just boxes out - i.e. so somebody (a teammate) can get the rebound. That seems like a good self-aware decision as she is not so well structured for rebounding - might be a little narrow for the boxing out, as well. Azzi looks better suited to both roles, but there will be no shortage of rebounders; shooters may be at a premium, however (another reason why Azzi should head to Storrs)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Paige and Azzi are both supposed to be 5'11 or there abouts. Azzi is much more developed physically and if I didn't know anything about either of them, I would say Azzi is the one that plays sports.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Paige and Azzi are both supposed to be 5'11 or there abouts. Azzi is much more developed physically and if I didn't know anything about either of them, I would say Azzi is the one that plays sports.
Paige has an inch or so on Azzi. Don't mistake Paige's lean frame for being less developed physically. Paige consistently demonstrates her strength as one of the best finishers I've ever seen in HS, playing through contact in the lane.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom