20 Questions with Azzi and a future teammate ? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

20 Questions with Azzi and a future teammate ?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Paige and Azzi are both supposed to be 5'11 or there abouts. Azzi is much more developed physically and if I didn't know anything about either of them, I would say Azzi is the one that plays sports.

I just hope their bond is strong enough to pull Azzi into our program. She would make a very good roster even better. Imagine for a moment how good they would both be as mature 20 year old juniors. They would be good support teammates as freshmen sophomores. They would be great teammates as mentors and leaders their Last two years to the two classes behind them.

I'm not greedy. I'd settle for two national championships during their tenure here. Preferably their last two years. That way their class would go out "the right way". ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought this same thing about Aaliyah Boston along with the home court advantage and she went off with our heads !

As long as names are being named please add to the "missed post recruit" list: Cox, Turner, Collier & Wilson. Despite the opinions of fans of other teams UConn does not get all the talent, not even the talent they recruit. Especially posts outside of the northeast. ONO is probably the furthest a post has come from since Stokes. Charles, Dolson, Stewart, DeBerry, Gabriel are all from this part of the country.

Reaction Score
Prayers lord that Azzi comes to UCONN , id hate to see this boards reaction if the almighty fails .

I for one did my praying for Bueckers. After having those prayers answered I will keep my mouth shut if Fudd goes elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I would like to know the rules about the upcoming 'immediate transfer rule'. If a school has several top players and feel they aren't getting enough PT, could several leave a school at the same time? :confused:

Carnac

Reaction Score
As long as names are being named please add to the "missed post recruit" list: Cox, Turner, Collier & Wilson. Despite the opinions of fans of other teams UConn does not get all the talent, not even the talent they recruit. Especially posts outside of the northeast. ONO is probably the furthest a post has come from since Stokes. Charles, Dolson, Stewart, DeBerry, Gabriel are all from this part of the country.

She‘s not a post player, but another player we missed out on was 6'2" Kiah Gillespie. She grew up in UConn’s backyard (Meriden, Ct), and from what I understand, wanted to come here.

I don’t know if she was offered or if there was mutual interest. She committed to Maryland, then transferred to Florida State. She wound up being a third round draft selection (Chicago Sky) in this year’s WNBA draft.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
I would like to know the rules about the upcoming 'immediate transfer rule'. If a school has several top players and feel they aren't getting enough PT, could several leave a school at the same time? :confused:

Good question. THAT is something they'll have to work out. Under your scenario, a team could be decimated over night, and left without any experienced or talented players. We just saw what a team would look like if it lost all of its good (starting 5) players in Notre Dame that went 13-18, and sent their coach into retirement.
I don't think school administrators would be comfortable with that possibility, and would draft language into the final rule(s) to prevent that from occurring.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good question. THAT is something they'll have to work out. Under your scenario, a team could be decimated over night, and left without any experienced or talented players. We just saw what a team would look like if it lost all of its good (starting 5) players in Notre Dame that went 13-18, and sent their coach into retirement.
I don't think school administrators would be comfortable with that possibility, and would draft language into the final rule(s) to prevent that from occurring.
You;re expecting the NCAA to make good decisions? :eek:

Carnac

Reaction Score
You;re expecting the NCAA to make good decisions? :eek:

Decisions that are in THEIR best interest. I think we all know where their true loyalty is. They’ve proven it time and time again. Just once I’d like to see them do something that was in the student athlete’s best interest that did not profit them in any way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom