2 wrongs make a right | The Boneyard

2 wrongs make a right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just wanted to take a minute to thank the NCAA. Sure, they could have chosen to not be shady, incompetent balloon knots and given Syracuse a real tournament ban for this year, instead of the total joke that was last year's ban. But since they didn't, at least they were also shady, incompetent balloon knots when it came to dragging out North Carolina's punishment for as long as possible. Because of this, a very good North Carolina team was there last night to stand in the way of something truly, truly terrible happening in college basketball.

Congrats to the oranges on a great run. Maybe some day your scrappy squad will figure out how to win 6 games in a row when the lights are bright, and you'll reach the rarefied air that comes with having 50% of the national championships had by a legitimately great program. Fortunately, that day will not be tomorrow.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I assume you didn't hear Emmert say that he expects the UNC punishment to come down in about a month.

Reaction Score
No! The even bigger wrong will be playing on Monday night.
If the team busses for UNC and SU crashed, that wrong may have made this right!

In a weird way I love this thought! :eek:

Reaction Score
Of course it will - when no one is paying attention.
Yeah it was always going to be that way - very clear that since everyone felt UNC had a shot at winning this title, there's no way they'd get banned. Just like 2003 miraculously is the one year from that era Syracuse didn't have vacated.

So in a month UNC will get a 1-year postseason ban (they'll be meh next year anyway), a scholarship reduction, a few vacated wins, recruiting limitations and Roy will have to spend 15 games not coaching. They'll appeal all of it, most of it will go their way, and by 2017-18 it'll be like nothing ever happened.

Reaction Score
Yeah it was always going to be that way - very clear that since everyone felt UNC had a shot at winning this title, there's no way they'd get banned. Just like 2003 miraculously is the one year from that era Syracuse didn't have vacated.

So in a month UNC will get a 1-year postseason ban (they'll be meh next year anyway), a scholarship reduction, a few vacated wins, recruiting limitations and Roy will have to spend 15 games not coaching. They'll appeal all of it, most of it will go their way, and by 2017-18 it'll be like nothing ever happened.
Damnit. I wish this wasn't so specific, and almost certainly so right. Every. Single. Part.

Reaction Score

That is unless they think their football and/or men's basketball teams have a legitimate chance next season. If they do, then UNC will start finding violations with its Ultimate Frisbee and Quidditch, which was ranked #11 nationally last year, club teams (the fact that club teams don't fall under NCAA jurisdiction is a point that can be easily circumvented) and the report will be released in 2100 or so.

Standings | US Quidditch

cts

Reaction Score
If they do, then UNC will start finding violations with its Ultimate Frisbee

UNC's Ultimate team won the National Championship last year - violations would be devastating!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I assume you didn't hear Emmert say that he expects the UNC punishment to come down in about a month.

I still don't think it will be bad for MBB nor FB. They seem to have set the stage for that. I forget where I read it, but recently some NCAA source was quoted saying as much.

Heck, even Roy seems to be confident enough in saying that:

UNC's Williams doesn't expect NCAA sanctions

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
What
I still don't think it will be bad for MBB nor FB. They seem to have set the stage for that. I forget where I read it, but recently some NCAA source was quoted saying as much.

Heck, even Roy seems to be confident enough in saying that:

UNC's Williams doesn't expect NCAA sanctions
What an absolute lowest level dirty lying scumbag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom