#2 West Virginia vs #1 Baylor - 3/14/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#2 West Virginia vs #1 Baylor - 3/14/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I’m not really convinced with this Baylor team. This team struggles in the half court and the turnovers are brutal. Against a team with multiple scoring threats is going to be a struggle for them, especially if it’s a team full of prolific 3pt shooters.
It all comes down to matchups to be honest. Baylor could go really far if they are on their game, or they could lose much sooner due to them being turnover prone at times.

Reaction Score
Baylor, because of their depth, defense, & height; and Maryland, because of their offensive weapons, are two very scary teams to face in the tournament. The key will be, like any team, how well they focus on the task at hand. Baylor has some pretty solid athletic players. Their defense is going to be the key to their offense during the tournament.

Reaction Score
I’m not really convinced with this Baylor team. This team struggles in the half court and the turnovers are brutal. Against a team with multiple scoring threats is going to be a struggle for them, especially if it’s a team full of prolific 3pt shooters.
Our defense makes up for it! We don’t let people score as well! Don’t sleep on Baylor!

Reaction Score
Our defense makes up for it! We don’t let people score as well! Don’t sleep on Baylor!

Of course. But really just depends on the match up. This season alone Baylor has struggled with Arkansas and Iowa State (twice). Neither team has Baylor’s size or athleticism, but they are great shooting teams with offenses that give Baylor challenges to defend because of the movement and spacing.

Reaction Score
Baylor, because of their depth, defense, & height; and Maryland, because of their offensive weapons, are two very scary teams to face in the tournament. The key will be, like any team, how well they focus on the task at hand. Baylor has some pretty solid athletic players. Their defense is going to be the key to their offense during the tournament.
I agree. But man. UConn is scary too. Especially because, unlike in the past few years, they have Aaliyah Edwards to neutralize teams with great post players. Then Paige who kills it in the Midrange and clutch.

This tournament will be fun to watch

Reaction Score
Baylor I feel like as of late has been much much better offensively overall. The issue is key players getting into foul trouble and all those turnovers adding up. It will catch up with them if they don't cut those down as they go through NCAAT.

Now if they can limit their turnovers and play smart basketball, the sky is the limit for them IMO. Egbo turning it up honestly makes a drastic difference in the outlook of their future prospects alone.

Reaction Score
Of course. But really just depends on the match up. This season alone Baylor has struggled with Arkansas and Iowa State (twice). Neither team has Baylor’s size or athleticism, but they are great shooting teams with offenses that give Baylor challenges to defend because of the movement and spacing.
Those were early in the season and Baylor is way better at defending out there now! If we play them again in the tournament I like Baylor’s chances! Queen has been a monster for us defensively and offensively! And she doesn’t foul a lot anymore

Reaction Score
I agree. But man. UConn is scary too. Especially because, unlike in the past few years, they have Aaliyah Edwards to neutralize teams with great post players. Then Paige who kills it in the Midrange and clutch.

I would love to see egbo vs edwards and Paige vs Richards/moon

Reaction Score
I can't believe Egbo didn't make all tournament team. Theres more to basketball than just scoring...

Reaction Score
I can't believe Egbo didn't make all tournament team. Theres more to basketball than just scoring...
I had her as the MVP. 41 rebounds and 14 blocks in 3 games without missing a minute for foul trouble. Anchored the whole defense.

Reaction Score
I had her as the MVP. 41 rebounds and 14 blocks in 3 games without missing a minute for foul trouble. Anchored the whole defense.
AND was not a turnover machine like her counterparts....

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Who was on the All-Tournament team? I am assuming Smith was MOP...

Reaction Score
Who was on the All-Tournament team? I am assuming Smith was MOP...
2021 Phillips 66 Big 12 Women’s Basketball Championship All-Tournament Team
Natasha Mack, Sr., Oklahoma State
Kysre Gondrezick, R-Sr., West Virginia
Dijonai Carrington, Sr., Baylor
Moon Ursin, Sr., Baylor
NaLyssa Smith, Jr., Baylor - Most Outstanding Player

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score

I think UCONN is scary because of your observations, but their defense recently pushes them over the top.

Reaction Score
There’s definitely more to the game than scoring, but Egbo did a fair shre of that too. Averaged 12ppg through the tournament alongside the other terrific stats on her line. Her omission from the all-tournament team is quite a miss imo.

Reaction Score
There’s definitely more to the game than scoring, but Egbo did a fair shre of that too. Averaged 12ppg through the tournament alongside the other terrific stats on her line. Her omission from the all-tournament team is quite a miss imo.
Yeah queen was hurt when they announced the team live. You can tell on her face. Kim mulkey went to talk to her to say that she was on her tournament team. That’s why Egbo was in the press conference with Kim and not Smith who was the MVP!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom