2 Things I Know About JaQuan Lyle and 1 Thing I need "3" to Answer | The Boneyard

2 Things I Know About JaQuan Lyle and 1 Thing I need "3" to Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
1) We're under the impression that KO and the staff are done recuriting for the 2014 class unless something really big comes down the pike
2) ESPN Recruiting Nation still lists JL as considering UConn

What I need 3 to answer is whether or not we're actively recruiting JL. It would seem that with we have a need at the position next year and if we're on a short list for a kid who is in the top half of the ESPN 100 and seems to be a pretty decent PG why wouldn't we be making a go for him? In my opinion it just makes sense to go after a kid that seemingly is interested in us when we'll have a need at his position a year from now. I know that some of you will argue that Boat or Purvis or Samuel can step in at the position, but we all know that Boat is more comfortable at the 2 and it seems Purvis likely is as well and with Samuel, I just think JL is probably more talented.

Reaction Score
KO should take the same approach Geno is taking with the girls...bring in every guard recruit he can and see who can play.

Samuel struggling on the ball late in the Detroit game surprised me a little bit. He is very strong on the run but needs to work on his handle when under pressure in the half court to be a true lead guard.

Reaction Score
1) We're under the impression that KO and the staff are done recuriting for the 2014 class unless something really big comes down the pike
2) ESPN Recruiting Nation still lists JL as considering UConn

What I need 3 to answer is whether or not we're actively recruiting JL. It would seem that with we have a need at the position next year and if we're on a short list for a kid who is in the top half of the ESPN 100 and seems to be a pretty decent PG why wouldn't we be making a go for him? In my opinion it just makes sense to go after a kid that seemingly is interested in us when we'll have a need at his position a year from now. I know that some of you will argue that Boat or Purvis or Samuel can step in at the position, but we all know that Boat is more comfortable at the 2 and it seems Purvis likely is as well and with Samuel, I just think JL is probably more talented.

My understanding is that Jaquan Lyle is just as much of a combo guard as Boatright, Purvis, and Cassell, Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom