2 Things For Next Year | The Boneyard

2 Things For Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

There are only 2 things that UCONN needs to focus on next year. One Daniel Hamilton needs to go to the guards/small forwards camps like Kemba did and Ollie needs to make it clear that he has to be the go to guy for next year.
Second thing, Kevin Ollie needs to stop overcoaching and messing with the lineup. He needs a set lineup and with the lineup we have next year we need to dominate the regular season in our conference there is no excuse. Hamilton and Purvis should definitely start. We also need to play bigger. This small ball lineup will not work against bigger teams like we saw against Kansas. We have great incoming talent coming in combined with our stars returning, all the prerequisites are there for next year to be special.

A Lineup for next year:
Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, Enoch and Brimah.

B Lineup:
Alterique, Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, and Enoch

Reaction Score
I agree that going small wasn't usually great for us this year (not just against Kansas). But I think there's a good chance we see Terry Larrier spending a large amount of his time at the 4. Not sure how to feel about that... could be too small, but then again many would have said the same of Deandre Daniels before seeing how he played.

Regardless, I think people keep forgetting about Terry, and I think he'll be quite the talent for us. Not to mention we have a top ten recruiting class without accounting for him.

Reaction Score
Top ten recruiting class, but let's not use Durham or Jackson in the A or B lineup. What?

I wouldn't count on Durham just yet. He's coming off 2 ACLs and hasn't played competitively in a long time. He has a ton of talent, but rushing him is not in our (or his) best interest. I would think Jackson gets some time though given his reported shooting ability/range.

Reaction Score
There are only 2 things that UCONN needs to focus on next year. One Daniel Hamilton needs to go to the guards/small forwards camps like Kemba did and Ollie needs to make it clear that he has to be the go to guy for next year.
Second thing, Kevin Ollie needs to stop overcoaching and messing with the lineup. He needs a set lineup and with the lineup we have next year we need to dominate the regular season in our conference there is no excuse. Hamilton and Purvis should definitely start. We also need to play bigger. This small ball lineup will not work against bigger teams like we saw against Kansas. We have great incoming talent coming in combined with our stars returning, all the prerequisites are there for next year to be special.

A Lineup for next year:

B Lineup:
6 man rotation? What is this? 2 starting lineups? Premature to speculate on this.

H

huskymagic

6 man rotation? What is this? 2 starting lineups? Premature to speculate on this.

I posted 2 starting lineups as the two lineups that I would like to see depending on if Ollie wants to play big (A) or small(B). We need to go big in order to neutralize our rebounding deficiencies and not get bullied by bigger teams. The reason we had great success under Calhoun other than having good talent and guards was our size. We were bigger than most teams and our size was an intimidating factor. I would like to see Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, Enoch and Brimah play at the same time. That way you have a shot blocker to go with a offensive big man you can play through in Enoch. Mamadou Diarra can be an X-factor for us in the frontcourt as he has tenacity, relentless motor, and some meat on his bones.
Bench in this scenario: Alterique, Terry, Mamadou, Kentan, Vance

Reaction Score

A Lineup for next year:

B Lineup:

1. A go to guy has to be able to make an acceptable number of shots. Hamilton has to prove he can do it. No one on the team proved it this year -- that was a big part of the problem.

2. We won a championship in '11 with Calhoun changing the lineup and rotation week by week. In mid-February our second most important player for two weeks was Jamal Coombs-McDaniel.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We are going to have tremendous depth next season. When people forget to mention Larrier and Diarra, you know we are deep. I'd like to see us use this depth to press and run like the teams KO played on did, and sub in wave like the Tulane Green Wave and UNLV teams from the 90s did.

Reaction Score
Diarra is barely top 150, I'm not going to go crazy on him until we see him in action.

We are going to have tremendous depth next season. When people forget to mention Larrier and Diarra, you know we are deep. I'd like to see us use this depth to press and run like the teams KO played on did, and sub in wave like the Tulane Green Wave and UNLV teams from the 90s did.

Reaction Score
Mamadou seems to have put some things together at PSA this winter and that may not be translated in his ranking, I am hopeful that he surprises all of us and can contribute some good minutes. Gilbert will have the biggest impact, watch out for Vance and Terry taking on big minutes as stretch four pieces. I think all three of them would be dynamic with Enoch at center, and that look could be our identity in the frontcourt for 2 or 3 seasons.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Diarra is barely top 150, I'm not going to go crazy on him until we see him in action.
I've seen him play. I just got a tweet from PSA that Diarra was selected to play in the regional Jordan Brand Classic.

Reaction Score
Major concern for next year is we'll have two foul machines at the 5. When they both get two fouls in the first half who's manning the middle? Kentan? Mamadou? Go small with Larrier, Jackson? Maybe Durham (if he's healthy)?

Reaction Score
Can mamadou make any shots but a dunk? I think all his highlights are dunks. I like them as we miss so many lay ups but does he have any offensive repertoire at all? Not trolling just asking

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I've seen him in person and he looks to be 6'7". He's no big man. He does, however, have a high motor and we can sure use high effort guys. I also don't mind an offensive repoirtoir of dunks. He has a good short game and can knock down 12-15 foot jumpers and has a decent mini-hook.

Reaction Score

Wait till the summer/pre-season; I'm sure KO will do his best JC impression and tell everyone how THIS is the year we are going to run and press again like the old days. Then the season will come and Jalen and DHam will take turns going one on one for 5 straight possessions.

Reaction Score
A lineup: Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, Facey, Brimah
B lineup: Gilbert, Adams, Hamilton, Larrier, Enoch

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

A Lineup for next year:

B Lineup:
OK KO. You are now forewarned. The Boneyard has spoken.

I bet any amount KO's toes are squirming with trepidation.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Zac Brown is coming to Hartford in May

Have gotten into them more recently, they are supposedly a great live band. Party atmosphere.

See this, anyone who doesn't know Mayer's greatness.

Mayer killed it with Dead & Co, so great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc