2 scores to monitor | The Boneyard

2 scores to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
47-39 West Virginia over Kansas midway through 2nd half. Kentucky Georgia 43-43 midway through 2nd.

Reaction Score
UGA up 7 54-47. Kentucky looks awful on defense. First time seeing them this year. Is that their weakness?

Reaction Score
GA really giving to an off kentucky. Kentuckys isn't really that great of a shooting team IMO, other than Booker.

Reaction Score
They are one of the best defensive teams in the country.
Ok that is what I thought. I remember a guy on CBS stating that due to Cauley-Stein. I guess this is just a game were they lost their attention as Georgia was driving for easy layups. Seems like it has tightened up now. Down to 2.

Reaction Score
UGA up 7 54-47. Kentucky looks awful on defense. First time seeing them this year. Is that their weakness?

Haha.

No. Some stat-head the other night was making a case for this Kentucky team being the best defensive team since the tournament expanded to 64 teams.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's just a case of this being Georgia's Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
Ok that is what I thought. I remember a guy on CBS stating that due to Cauley-Stein. I guess this is just a game were they lost their attention as Georgia was driving for easy layups. Seems like it has tightened up now. Down to 2.
Kentucky's defense has been totally dominant this year, Georgia is getting a ton of paint layups it's strange to see.

Reaction Score
Haha.

No. Some stat-head the other night was making a case for this Kentucky team being the best defensive team since the tournament expanded to 64 teams.
I believe their opponents FG percentage is the lowest since expansion.

Not sure if they are best since expansion, but defensively they are great, and one of the best I can remember

Reaction Score
Game over Kentucky up by 6. Kentucky has a great post player. Wish we had one of those. Harrison twins look improved over last year.

Reaction Score
Georgia (and the SEC) is a steamy pile of garbage.

I'm not a Kentucky hater (certainly not like most on this board), but I'm really not blown away by this team.

Reaction Score
Kentucky's played one top 15 team all year. Will be interesting to see how they deal with playing two or 3 of those teams in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Georgia's testiculos reascended back into their bodies in the last five minutes. Made me appreciate our team last year - right about the time Georgia wilted was the same time that Bazz, Giff and Boat rattled off all sorts of clutchness (or DD at the same stage vs Florida).

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
uk is good but im not really impressed with them, if they struggled this season with sec teams, they'd have 2-3 losses in the acc, big 10, big 12...they are not good offensively, especially if KAT is not on the floor and andrew harrison isnt hitting threes... wcs is overrated, good defensively, yes(he can cover 1-5 blah blah,) but to have him as a top 3 poy candidate? come on, he's not even the best one on his team... if you have him out there and lyles or towns is not on the court their font court is only scoring from putbacks... i'd like to see who's in their region and see who they would be facing in the sweet 16/elite 8

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Both underdogs with significant choke jobs down the stretch. Missed FTs all over the place. Makes you appreciate the clutch FT shooting of last year's Huskies that much more.

Reaction Score
uk is good but im not really impressed with them, if they struggled this season with sec teams, they'd have 2-3 losses in the acc, big 10, big 12...they are not good offensively, especially if KAT is not on the floor and andrew harrison isnt hitting threes... wcs is overrated, good defensively, yes(he can cover 1-5 blah blah,) but to have him as a top 3 poy candidate? come on, he's not even the best one on his team... if you have him out there and lyles or towns is not on the court their font court is only scoring from putbacks... i'd like to see who's in their region and see who they would be facing in the sweet 16/elite 8

I'm curious, who do you think has been more impressive this season?

Reaction Score
Kentucky has looked impressive obviously most of the time but that's somewhat relative isn't it? I mean they carry potentially 8-9 NBA players so shouldn't they be beating up on the likes of Georgia rather easily, columbia etc etc. I think and hope they run into that team in the tourney with no fear down the stretch rather than what we've seen. I mean this team does not have great chemistry rather great talent. There is still a lot of "I want to get my points" going on there and some stupid plays like we've always seen from these UK teams. They are just able to overcome with oodles of talent everywhere you turn.

There is someone out there who will ruin the undefeated season, I am sure and we will hear from Cal, "see tonight they played like freshman. We did great things with a real young team" LOL

Reaction Score
I'm curious, who do you think has been more impressive this season?
Oh, look, it is the Boneyard's #1 Calipari fanboy. He never lets a Kentucky or Calipari thread go by without defending his hero.

Kentucky plays a great defense just like the squid's umess and Memphus teams did. It is called fouling without getting called for the fouls.

Reaction Score
Oh, look, it is the Boneyard's #1 Calipari fanboy. He never lets a Kentucky or Calipari thread go by without defending his hero.

Kentucky plays a great defense just like the squid's umess and Memphus teams did. It is called fouling without getting called for the fouls.

Calipari is human garbage, but if you don't think Kentucky is the best team in the country, you're a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom