2 OT's----This month of November has lots about Veterans | The Boneyard

2 OT's----This month of November has lots about Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First----I must acknowledge that November 1oth is the BIRTHDAY OF THE MARINE CORP. SEMPER FI
If you could have been in the Naval Hospital with me in 1951 --or in Bethesda 4 years ago you would love these tough, wonderful , crazy kids as I do. And I"M USN.

November 11th to me is about EVERY person who put on the military UNIFORM of the USA. As the saying goes EVERY ONE WHO SERVED GAVE SOME, AND SOME GAVE IT THEIR ALL-- But there are many in our military hospitals that continue to give. Believe it or not there are guys with wounds that still weep this long after Korea. Pain daily is a way of life for many. PTSD and mind issues are omni present. I see them at every visit to VAMC Martinsburg, Wv. I am a devoted COWARD--NO LIE, I AM. I cry when I see the old and the young that frequent this place. So please, visit your local VA or Military Hospital and shake hands and say==as I do, God bless you and thank you. I remember!!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I am very familiar with the incomparable care provided by the VA Medical Facility in West Haven. Once again I urge all Boneyard veterans (or friends/families) to get registered there (then hope it was an unnecessary precaution). During my many visits there, I enjoy that special bond with every (male) patient -- I start every conversation by saying "Hi, brother." :):):)

Always a Soldier.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sacrifice is noble, those who ask others to sacrifice and are inconstant are despicable.

Reaction Score
I am very familiar with the incomparable care provided by the VA Medical Facility in West Haven. Once again I urge all Boneyard veterans (or friends/families) to get registered there (then hope it was an unnecessary precaution). During my many visits there, I enjoy that special bond with every (male) patient -- I start every conversation by saying "Hi, brother." :):):)

View attachment 11051
I knew of all the Boneyarders you'd get it~~!!!. I love the picture--it is so full of truth. I attended a American Legion Veteran's day celebration in New Market , Va. Those WWII guys who were there looked like the old man in your pix. But as they spoke you could see the your Soldier, Sailor or Marine (Air Forces was Army then) young guy come out of them. Thank you Kibitzer, for this and for your service.
The price of Freedom isn't free.

Reaction Score

View attachment 11051

One of the fellow military in my VA Pain Management Clinic I attended today was a Black Lady about 35 and a WWII combat vet. I guess I should have said: Hi Sister and Brothers !!. I'll remember the greeting, thanks again Kib.

Reaction Score
Sacrifice is noble, those who ask others to sacrifice and are inconstant are despicable.
I don't feel that way. Those that missed combat experience are blessed unless they do it out of cowardice. I cannot speak for all vets, so allow me to speak for myself. No one forced me, or asked me, or even expected me to go into the Service of my country. I thought that an honor to be allowed to serve. Don't blame anyone for making me serve. I love and loved this country, with all it's warts. Look at what the world has to offer and tell me what country, is more courageous, caring, giving, helping, with less racism, bigotry, than the USA. Can we do better, no one is perfect.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't feel that way. Those that missed combat experience are blessed unless they do it out of cowardice. I cannot speak for all vets, so allow me to speak for myself. No one forced me, or asked me, or even expected me to go into the Service of my country. I thought that an honor to be allowed to serve. Don't blame anyone for making me serve. I love and loved this country, with all it's warts. Look at what the world has to offer and tell me what country, is more courageous, caring, giving, helping, with less racism, bigotry, than the USA. Can we do better, no one is perfect.

I'm talking about your so called political leaders, not your peers Va. You know, the ones who give up so easily what you bled to achieve.

Reaction Score
November is a big month for the Vet. I survived the US Marine Corps from March 1967 to Jan 1991. The VA takes reasonably good care of me. Over the last six years I have had both of my hips totally replaced and a lumber laminectomy all of which was service connected.

I think that every American should take a visit to any VA hospital and say hello to the Vets and see the folks in the hospital. It will help to understand the men and women who served this nation.

Reaction Score
One of the fellow military in my VA Pain Management Clinic I attended today was a Black Lady about 35 and a WWII combat vet. I guess I should have said: Hi Sister and Brothers !!. I'll remember the greeting, thanks again Kib.
No disrespect intended and thank you for your service. But wouldn't this 35-year-old have needed to be really young during her WWII combat duty?

Reaction Score
No disrespect intended and thank you for your service. But wouldn't this 35-year-old have needed to be really young during her WWII combat duty?
You should have had Kibtzer do a SYNTAX review of my posting-- Those present, as it should have said, included this lady and one WWII Vet.
I liked your catch. Apparently we have the same view of how words are put together --and it is fun to read them, and to catch them.
I enjoy many of the current head lines rarely do they make sense. Thanks, I enjoyed this..

Reaction Score
November is a big month for the Vet. I survived the US Marine Corps from March 1967 to Jan 1991. The VA takes reasonably good care of me. Over the last six years I have had both of my hips totally replaced and a lumber laminectomy all of which was service connected.

I think that every American should take a visit to any VA hospital and say hello to the Vets and see the folks in the hospital. It will help to understand the men and women who served this nation.

Semper Fi and happy birth day Marine, 10 Nov . Please wear a hat saying Marine. Every time I see that I seek that Marine out, as I seek you out, and say to ALL of you Marines. God Bless you and Thank YOU!!!! I understand the term Reasonable good care.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about your so called political leaders, not your peers Va. You know, the ones who give up so easily what you bled to achieve.
I know you said or wrote nothing negative about VETS. No insult received. As to your other thought--join the many.

Reaction Score
Just to let you know, many restaurants are offering free meals to Vets on November 11. So, I am driving to Santa Fe in the early morning, and going to Denny's for a Grand Slam breakfast, Then, I think we will go to the Olive Garden for dinner before heading home. At my age (73 next month), cholesterol has already done its damage, and I am just cruising.

Reaction Score
You should have had Kibtzer do a SYNTAX review of my posting-- Those present, as it should have said, included this lady and one WWII Vet.
I liked your catch. Apparently we have the same view of how words are put together --and it is fun to read them, and to catch them.
I enjoy many of the current head lines rarely do they make sense. Thanks, I enjoyed this..
Ooops - my bad, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01