#2 OSU Going Down | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#2 OSU Going Down

Reaction Score
Happy for Kara Lawson...quite the class act. Should we play Duke expect a very strong team that outplayed us in common ranked opponent games( NC State, SC and Notre Dame) with the exception of Louisville. They also only lost to Stanford by 3.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Ohio State is a lot easier to defend if you don't pass the ball to them.

56 free throws shot in the game including 29 by Duke. UConn won't survive a game like that (if they get past Syracuse of course).

Reaction Score
Happy for Kara Lawson...quite the class act. Should we play Duke expect a very strong team that outplayed us in common ranked opponent games( NC State, SC and Notre Dame) with the exception of Louisville. They also only lost to Stanford by 3.
UConn will certainly be the underdog in a Duke/UConn matchup if we are able to get by Syracuse tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
Did you think that Notre Dame had anyone who could stop Paige? Duke's defense is way better than ND's.
No I didn’t, and still don’t. But I also didn’t expect Nika to foul out, which was the decisive factor in my view. You may want to rewatch that game before you take it as evidence of how good Duke’s defense is.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The Big 10 sent 7 teams to the Dance and 4 of them have been eliminated so far with 3 left to play. Nebraska seeded 6th plays today against #3 seed Oregon State. While tomorrow #1 seed Iowa plays against #8 seed West Virginia and #4 seed Indiana plays against #5 seed Oklahoma. By the end of the day tomorrow the Big 10 could have only 1 team left going into the Sweet Sixteen.

Reaction Score
Did you think that Notre Dame had anyone who could stop Paige? Duke's defense is way better than ND's.
the only one who can stop Paige is Paige..........she can get her shot off against anybody and if the shots aren't falling, she either gets fouled or simply makes the right pass to the open player...........that's the difference between her and most of the other top scorers........

Reaction Score
The Big 10 sent 7 teams to the Dance and 4 of them have been eliminated so far with 3 left to play. Nebraska seeded 6th plays today against #3 seed Oregon State. While tomorrow #1 seed Iowa plays against #8 seed West Virginia and #4 seed Indiana plays against #5 seed Oklahoma. By the end of the day tomorrow the Big 10 could have only 1 team left going into the Sweet Sixteen.
I was very impressed with West Virginia's team defense in the second half against Princeton...........they really put the clamps on the Tigers....

Reaction Score
Not fair. I wanted to feel good about this. :(
I feel good about "this" ... i.e. Sarah Strong. But I'll feel better after
a "W" against Syracuse and a "W" against DUKE. But I pause, ONE
GAME AT A TIME!

Reaction Score
Aaliyah has owned Kennedy Brown before and I don’t see anyone on the Duke roster who can stop Paige. But this is not my primary concern. Beating Syracuse is. Still, I’d have liked to see the defense Paige would play on McMahon.
McMahon and Sheldon would have been two BIG Headaches. Not that Syracuse and Duke
will be two pieces of cake. ONE STEP AT A TIME! First THE ORANGE!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
No I didn’t, and still don’t. But I also didn’t expect Nika to foul out, which was the decisive factor in my view. You may want to rewatch that game before you take it as evidence of how good Duke’s defense is.
I'm quite aware of how that game transpired.

If we look only at the 19 minutes Nika played vs ND, Paige shot 3 of 8 FG and had 2 assists during those 19 minutes. If you don't think that constitutes a reasonably effective containment of an elite offensive player, your standards are atypical.

Reaction Score
I'm quite aware of how that game transpired.

If we look only at the 19 minutes Nika played vs ND, Paige shot 3 of 8 FG and had 2 assists during those 19 minutes. If you don't think that constitutes a reasonably effective containment of an elite offensive player, your standards are atypical.
The incoherence of your post puzzles me. I express confidence that UConn might play well against Duke and you try to refute me (already a bizarre behavior in a fan forum, but whatever) by citing a game against a different opponent. Don’t worry, I get the analogy you’re trying to make and it’s not unreasonable: other teams have defended Paige effectively. What I don’t get is why you want to refute my opinion. If you think Duke or tOSU would beat UConn, feel free to express that opinion. I won’t quibble with you about it. Statements about the future are funny that way: divergent views are possible and refutations are unnecessary.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom