#2 Notre Dame v #1 Baylor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#2 Notre Dame v #1 Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Certainly agree about ND and Baylor. ND has to make outside shots to get back in the game. But I see no similarity between Baylor and Stanford. Stanford has no one like Griner and they do not have Baylor's team speed.

I'm talking about counteracting a height advantage which Stanford clearly will have. If a team is going to play a 4-guard lineup which UConn and ND play, then those guards had better make shots.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Is this game streamed so we can watch it on computers?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I'm talking about counteracting a height advantage which Stanford clearly will have. If a team is going to play a 4-guard lineup which UConn and ND play, then those guards had better make shots.
I don't see a clear height advantage for Stanford. Chiney has a height advantage over any UConn starter other than Stef, but Stef has a height advantage over any Stanford starter other than Chiney. Tinkle and Boothe are offset by Heather and Stokes. I see the height issue as even.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Griner hasn't touche the ball in the second half. Surely Mulkey can find a way to get the ball to her when the opponent is in a zone.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
ND's comeback here is very impressive. Mulkey has to figure out a way to counteract ND's doubleteams on Griner, which are stifling Baylor's offense.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Sims vs. Diggins is a great matchup. You don't get to see the two best pg's opposing one another very often.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Agh. I want to watch this! How is it not streaming anywhere??

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I am refusing to believe that a #1 v #2 matchup on a Sunday afternoon isn't on national TV. Or at least ESPN. If this was men's bball this game would have been hyped for weeks.

If it was a men's game it would have an audience(ratings=money) large enough to warrant national TV.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Odyssey is giving Novasel fits over the last 10 mins

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
If ND had any kind of % from behind the arc today, you'd think this would be a pretty tight game.

Reaction Score
Like I said before the season - I'll believe Notre Dame will finish ahead of UConn when they actually finish ahead of UConn.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sims had 6 steals to Diggins' 1
Sims had 6 assists to Diggins' 3
Sims had 2 TOs to Diggins's 7.
Diggins has 27 points to Sims' 25
Diggins has 4 rebounds to Sims' 0

All in all, I would say that Sims' numbers are better than Diggins'. The three stat lines that you want your PG to win are assists, TOs, and steals. Had it not been for that last steal and subsequent 3 pointer Sims would have won the point total as well.

Sims also got to the FT line more. Sims was 12-14 and Diggins was 8-9.

I'll take Sims over Diggins any day of the week. She was the better PG today.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
BTW, how can Diggins wrap her arm around Sims' neck without a foul being called? Did they think she was giving her an affectionate hug?

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Sims had 6 steals to Diggins' 1
Sims had 6 assists to Diggins' 3
Sims had 2 TOs to Diggins's 7.
Diggins has 27 points to Sims' 25
Diggins has 4 rebounds to Sims' 0

All in all, I would say that Sims' numbers are better than Diggins'. The three stat lines that you want your PG to win are assists, TOs, and steals. Had it not been for that last steal and subsequent 3 pointer Sims would have won the point total as well.

Sims also got to the FT line more. Sims was 12-14 and Diggins was 8-9.

I'll take Sims over Diggins any day of the week. She was the better PG today.

But Sims is apparently not even close to Diggins in tweeting, which is the new standard for PG's !

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO Sims should be the All American not Skylar. However, won't happen as Griner gets the credit for Baylor and Skylar gets the credit for ND. If the voters get it right make Sims and Skylar the First Team All American Guards.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
IMHO Sims should be the All American not Skylar. However, won't happen as Griner gets the credit for Baylor and Skylar gets the credit for ND. If the voters get it right make Sims and Skylar the First Team All American Guards.

Why not wait a full season? Diggins led her team to the championship game last year and was great in the process. Baylor didn't make the FF. Sims won the battle today but after last year's performance I think Diggins deserved the preseason accolades she's received. Plus, life on the court is a little easier when playing with a 6-8 post player who's fantastic.

Reaction Score
What happened to Shanay Washington? Was expecting her to be a big contributor this year, but didn't see her today.

Also, box score is listing Sims comign off the bench - I assume that's a typo?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What happened to Shanay Washington? Was expecting her to be a big contributor this year, but didn't see her today. (she may have played and I just missed her)

Is she the player who tore her acl last year? I forget. If so, she may need more time to be ready to play in a game like this.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Having Griner on the court didn't allow Sims to have more steals than Diggins. It also didn't impact Diggins having 7 turnovers to Sims's 2.

So I will say that today, Sims was the better player. So how about we base which player is better on head to head combat? Or would we rather base it on what Diggins does the rest of the year against lesser opponents?

Don't get me wrong, Diggins is a great player. IMO, Sims is better and proved it today.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Is she the player who tore her acl last year? I forget. If so, she may need more time to be ready to play in a game like this.

Washington is expected to be back after Christmas. She did tear her ACL last year.

Sims did not start. Must have been in the dog house for some reason. Yet I believe she played every minute after she came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom