2 more tidbits vs GTown | The Boneyard

2 more tidbits vs GTown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay both are small but had me thinking during and after the game (yeah I'm whacked imagine that?):

1) I'm not sure if anyone else is as ridiculous as I am with some details in life (no OCD or anything just me) but when they were ready to tip off and I saw UConn wearing gray uni's I almost lost my breath for a second. I mean we're playing against the most original team to don the gray uni's in the history of the BE and we're home and we are wearing their colors? Call me crazy but given the option I would've asked Nike to make me those same special snot green uni's Michigan State wore rather then allowing my guys to wear GTown's colors out there. I forgot about it fairly quick but I admit it did bother me.

2) This is more related to a question as I know we have refs on this site - how the hell can they change that foul call on Cameron to Govan? I mean they yelled out to JTIII "Yes #5" when he questioned it because it was Cameron's 4th. I realize it may have been Govan who pushed Miller into Cameron but they need to stay with the call which they saw. They felt, on the court, Cameron was the guy who fouled him how can they use a TO to review and change? This to me opens a huge can of worms as coaches will be asking all the time to review in such an instance if allowable?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Agreed on #1. As for the foul, that's not the first time refs have gotten together to get the call right. I think they changed it right after the call and the announcers just weren't aware for a few minutes.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I liked the gray unis but we had the same discussion among my krewe at the game. I would have chosen a different game to break them out. My wife was watching at home and she apparently reversed the teams initially because of that, until our youngest daughter pointed out which team we were.

Reaction Score
Agreed on #1. As for the foul, that's not the first time refs have gotten together to get the call right. I think they changed it right after the call and the announcers just weren't aware for a few minutes.

The thing is prior to the FT's they did not change it as JT was asking why and the ref with the ball underneath yelled extremely loud and mad "It was #5" so that was the call I believe until after they came back from the commercial break?

Reaction Score
The thing is prior to the FT's they did not change it as JT was asking why and the ref with the ball underneath yelled extremely loud and mad "It was #5" so that was the call I believe until after they came back from the commercial break?
Pretty sure one ref called it on 5 another on Govan. In the end they got the call right. I can't knock them because I wish they'd do it more often.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure one ref called it on 5 another on Govan. In the end they got the call right. I can't knock them because I wish they'd do it more often.

yes I agree as long as it wasn't the video review. If they talked amongst each other and made the right call all good.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
yes I agree as long as it wasn't the video review. If they talked amongst each other and made the right call all good.

There have been times in the past where refs got together and checked the monitor to see who a foul was on. So I have no problem with that either.

Reaction Score
There have been times in the past where refs got together and checked the monitor to see who a foul was on. So I have no problem with that either.

Yes before the FT's I'm good with and agree. But not during TO's because someone is complaining still Big can of worms there - where do you tow the line?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yes before the FT's I'm good with and agree. But not during TO's because someone is complaining still Big can of worms there - where do you tow the line?

It wouldn't bother me if they did it on the next TV timeout, but only if the refs aren't in agreement when the foul is committed. It doesn't happen too often where there's two fouls committed almost simultaneously like the situation yesterday, so I don't think it would cause too many issues. I do agree that they shouldn't run to the monitor every time a coach complains to them, that would be a nightmare.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Speaking of bad calls...remember the "NBA move" that Hammy did late when he was going up for a trey and leaned into the defender? He was awarded three foul shots. He definitely was not in the position of shooting. He basically jumped into the Hoya dude. Lucky break for UConn and great job by Daniel.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They were tribute unis. Phil should have worn a T-shirt.

Reaction Score
I was not superstitious about the greys, I thought it was a nice homage to old G'town rivals, cool looking on their own, and maybe a situational mojo enhancer.
As to the foul, the better than average TV team, Eagle I think, said there were two fouls and Govan's was second. So, the ref who said 5, just needed the other to say he saw a foul before Govan's.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Speaking of bad calls...remember the "NBA move" that Hammy did late when he was going up for a trey and leaned into the defender? He was awarded three foul shots. He definitely was not in the position of shooting. He basically jumped into the Hoya dude. Lucky break for UConn and great job by Daniel.

Is that a new rule? Kemba used to do the same thing all the time when he was here.

Reaction Score
Burn the gray unis. Our whites are one of the best looking in the country. Plus we are playing Georgetown.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Burn the gray unis. Our whites are one of the best looking in the country. Plus we are playing Georgetown.
We seem to never do well with the grey unis. Glad that wasn't the case yesterday.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Kemba used to do that quite often.

Reaction Score
Is that a new rule? Kemba used to do the same thing all the time when he was here.
New rule this year. An offensive player has to have a "normal looking" shooting position, any lean into a defender that is not in the natural shooting motion wont be called. HOWEVER, the rule also states that for the no-call, the defender has to be going straight up and down, meaning since the dude was running at Hamilton, his momentum carried him toward the shooter. I'm not positive that's why the officials called a foul on that particular play, but that's how the new rule has been interpreted during other games I've watched.

Although I may have heard that from Bill Walton when he was on his "vacation high" down in Maui, so don't completely hold me to it...

Reaction Score
New rule this year. An offensive player has to have a "normal looking" shooting position, any lean into a defender that is not in the natural shooting motion wont be called. HOWEVER, the rule also states that for the no-call, the defender has to be going straight up and down, meaning since the dude was running at Hamilton, his momentum carried him toward the shooter. I'm not positive that's why the officials called a foul on that particular play, but that's how the new rule has been interpreted during other games I've watched.

Although I may have heard that from Bill Walton when he was on his "vacation high" down in Maui, so don't completely hold me to it...

Leak was coming towards DHam on his jump to block so he did get lucky but it was the right call, barely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom